• This topic is locked This topic is locked
214 replies to this topic

#21 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,017 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:15 PM

And his cap hit is just for one season. Everyone acts as if it is a cap hit the team would be stuck with forever. I don't get it.

He will have to be re-signed or we lose him for nothing. He will want something of decent length and value as he already got big money once and he is 29 looking for that last long term deal. He will be at a similar cap hit or higher imo if re-signed. 

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#22 martinezsvsu

martinezsvsu

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:18 PM

i really dont even want him.

#23 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,496 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:18 PM

Yandle, IMO is exactly what the team doesn't need. A one dimensional dman who is not very good in his own zone. J-Bo can play well at both ends of the ice, and has stepped up his game this year. I think he would be a great fit with the Wings. And his cap hit is just for one season. Everyone acts as if it is a cap hit the team would be stuck with forever. I don't get it.

He has size, can QB a powerplay, can move the puck well, and play well in his own zone. I don't understand how Yandle at just 1.8 mil less can be seen as a much better option. Yandle isn't even the best dman on his team.

Yandle's as good as Rafalski offensively and defensively, and he'd make our powerplay lethal.  Plus, he's excellent in transition.  He's already everything we're hoping Smith will be one day.  His defensive play is wildly underrated.  He only gets knocked because he's smallish. 

Don't get me wrong, I'd love a top minute shutdown defender who can play physical, I like Smid for that, but here's the thing...Bouwmeester isn't a physical shutdown defender either.  You're getting a worse contract, marginally better defense, and worse offense for a lot more money and essentially the same asking price.

Plus, if Yandle's numbers weren't already impressive enough, imagine how much better they'd be on a team with offense who doesn't play a defense first system. 

Edited by kipwinger, 28 March 2013 - 06:44 PM.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#24 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,017 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:21 PM

Yandle's as good as Rafalski offensively and defensively, and he'd make our powerplay lethal.  Plus, he's excellent in transition.  He's already everything we're hoping Smith will be one day.  His defensive play is wildly underrated.  He only gets knocked because he's smallish. 

Ya I'd rather have Yandle over JBow. I'd see what Calgary would accept for JBow and then offer the same (or equivalent) to Phx for Yandle and see if they bite.

#25 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,471 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:22 PM

And thats just it. This team could use more size. They get injured enough as it is. The bigger they get, the healthier they get. J-Bo has also been an ironman. If there is something this team can use, it's someone who is not gonna be on IR regularly.

#26 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,496 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:24 PM

Ya I'd rather have Yandle over JBow. I'd see what Calgary would accept for JBow and then offer the same (or equivalent) to Phx for Yandle and see if they bite.

According to the rumor sites they're asking for essentially the same thing, young roster player, prospect, pick. 

And thats just it. This team could use more size. They get injured enough as it is. The bigger they get, the healthier they get. J-Bo has also been an ironman. If there is something this team can use, it's someone who is not gonna be on IR regularly.

yeah nothing like having expensive mediocrity in the lineup night after night after night after night after night. 

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

#27 beachwing

beachwing

Reader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:25 PM

So according to most here at LGW, Holland needs to get off his ass and make this team better right now BUT ONLY if the moves are LGW approved.

#28 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,017 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:25 PM

Yandle is 6'2 and is only 26 atm and has played 3 straight 82 game seasons so I'd take that for the same price as JBo who is 29 and way more expensive and only 2 inches taller.

#29 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,496 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:26 PM

So according to most here at LGW, Holland needs to get off his ass and make this team better right now BUT ONLY if the moves are LGW approved.

Nope, only if the moves actually make the team better.  Bouwmeester doesn't.  Nobody is saying make a trade just to make a trade. 

#30 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,616 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:29 PM

That would be a bad move all around.

It's a bad deal signing Howard to a 5 year deal? Let me guess you think we should offer him 2 years at 2.5 per? 

14-8, 920 save %, 2.37 GAA on a team with serious defensive issues early on. He is a top 10 goalie and deserves to get paid as such.

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

#31 DetroitRedWings1993

DetroitRedWings1993

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:30 PM

Why is my troll brain telling me that, even though this is entirely media speculation to fill up space on the web, the fact that we're even talking "very interested" in Bouwmeester means we've been told we're out of the running for DeKeyser?

The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring is rated PG-13 for epic battle sequences.

#32 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,496 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:32 PM

Why is my troll brain telling me that, even though this is entirely media speculation to fill up space on the web, the fact that we're even talking "very interested" in Bouwmeester means we've been told we're out of the running for DeKeyser?

Because for the last few years every time we've lost any sort of talent it's been replaced by mediocre hacks?

#33 DetroitRedWings1993

DetroitRedWings1993

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:33 PM

Because for the last few years every time we've lost any sort of talent it's been replaced by mediocre hacks?

To quote Captain Barbossa...by the powers, you're right!

The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring is rated PG-13 for epic battle sequences.

#34 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,471 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:34 PM

Another thing I don't get, is that why would the Yotes even move him? He is locked up for 3 years beyond this season. If he gets moved, I figure it would make more sense in the summer, if at all, when they have a better idea of what will happen with the team. I just don't picture Yandle being moved. Calgary is finally entering rebuild mode, and j-bo will be moved.

#35 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:35 PM

I want him. Bouwmeester would really take some pressure off our other defenseman.

Yandle doesn't interest me as much. He's better offensively, but makes a ton more mistakes. We have enough offensively first defenseman, Quincey, Smith, Kronwall, White, Kindl... We need a guy that can eat minutes and upgrade us defensively. Bouwmeester may not be the best defeneman, but he may be the best option.

There just aren't that many good defenseman moving, Burns, and Suter are the main ones I can think of. I'm glad we stayed away from Carle.

I don't know, I think Bouwmeester may have a bigger effect then we realize, he's really wanting to make the playoffs, and I think the potential is there for him to really break out.

Who knows though, I completely understand the hesitant people, but if the price was right I don't see the reasons why we shouldn't. He would improve this team.

#36 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,496 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:36 PM

Another thing I don't get, is that why would the Yotes even move him? He is locked up for 3 years beyond this season. If he gets moved, I figure it would make more sense in the summer, if at all, when they have a better idea of what will happen with the team. I just don't picture Yandle being moved. Calgary is finally entering rebuild mode, and j-bo will be moved.

I don't pretend to know what Coyotes management is thinking.  All I know is that it's pretty unanimous amongst hockey analysts that he's available. 

#37 The Greek

The Greek

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:37 PM

Please God, no.

#38 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:38 PM

At this moment I would like more Yandle than JBO but it depends on price that we have to pay... If we can get rid of Q and White add Deke and Yandle or JBO... we will have a nice DEF squad 

Kronwall - E

Smith - JBO

Deke - Kindl

Lashoff - Carlo

"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#39 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,471 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:40 PM

I really do think J-bo's game will go to a new level once he is out of Calgary. He has been rotting away there, never making the playoffs. With Yandle, what you see is what you get. And he is known for making mistakes. We have enough of that on our defense IMO.

#40 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:42 PM

We definitely need defense. It would not hurt to land a legit top pairing dman. If this team is gonna make a playoff run, it starts with bulking up defense. They have plenty of assests to land a dman and a top 6 winger.

I think J-Bo would be a fantastic adition to this team. Especially if they can trade for him now, then sign him to an extension over the summer.

He has another year at $6.7m. No thanks.