• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
b.shanafan14

Dreger: Wings 'very interested' in Bouwmeester *merged*

Rate this topic

ryan whitney would be the perfect pick up forget bouwmeester , he wouldnt cost as much to get and he would be a ufa and not carry a 6.6 cap hit next year

that being said who would be out of the line up if we got another defensemen??? gotta say i been really impressed with kindl and lashoff smith's not going anywhere as well as kronwall and ericsson .... quincey would be out of the lineup when he returns if we got someone else??? guessing it would be lashoff and kindl rotating

Yeah, let's get the guy who can't crack the Oilers lineup. Whitney is done, dude. He has ZERO footspeed. Absolute pylon in his own zone.

Guest Johnz96

I think Calgary should offer him to Peter Chiarelli first, only have have J-Bo block the trade & force the Flames to send him somewhere else

To Pittsburgh

Guest Crymson

he'd be alot better here than with the oilers and hes a ufa unlike bouweester and his huge cap hit nevermind the demand flames will want in return .... no thanks

He would be no better at all. His injury is such that he can neither skate well nor turn well. He would be as much a liability here as there.

It's not uncommon for people to claim that moving from another team to the Wings can improve one's play, but suggesting that it will spontaneously heal one's injuries is new.

Guest Johnz96

He's overpaid -- that isn't my argument. There were many other moves which perpetuated the situation in Calgary as well.

I know.

But that's the main reason I don't want him. That salary cap hit would impede the Wings ability to make moves which would address their needs better than he would

Bouwmeester would instantly become our best defenseman. If the price wasn't anything too outrageous, i'd do it in a heartbeat.

Kronwall is much better

Guest irishock

Flames fans can't wait to get rid of him. Of course Kenny takes the bait.

Offense? Are you aware that he has totaled 77 points over his past 246 games? No offensively-capable, top-pairing d-man on any team musters less than 30 points for three seasons in a row.

He is a puck mover, isn't he? I didn't mean he'd score, but that we are sorely in need of a guy who can play puck possession hockey.

the trade that should happen is dave tippet for mike babcock please.... our coach has been going through the motions for the last 4 years... how many assistant coaches do we need to blow through before we realize the real issue

That would be incredible stupid, Babcock although not having a great roster - an average one at best - managed to still keep this team in the playoff race thats a huge accomplishment. Tippet is one heck of a trainer,but he is not Mike Babcock.

Jay-Bouwmeester would be great and easily be the Wings best defenseman, I think all he needs is a change of scenery to blossom again. The guy was an absolute powerhorse on the backend for the Panthers a few years ago.

Guest Hatethedrake!

JBO would make the Wings better. He is the perfect #2 dman. Problem is the Wings do not have a legit #1 guy. Kronwall is also an ideal #2 guy. The only problem with trading for JBO is his salary. He is simply not worth the 6.68 mil a season he is currently being paid. However he only has 1 more year left on his deal.

Pehaps Kenny is thinking of trading for JBO now while he is relatively cheap (due to his big salary) and then sign him to a contract extension at a lower rate (5.5 mil).

A top 4 of Kronwall, Ericsson, Quincey and JBO is not great but it's better than what we have right now. Add in Smith, Kindl, Lashoff and hopefully Dekeyser and things are looking better on the Wings blueline. Sproul and Ouellette are down the road.

I don't see spots for White (UFA) or Colaiacovo. Hopefully Kenny buys out Cola this summer.

I see Kenny having a price he is willing to pay for JBO and if Feaster exceeds it then he will pull out. Something like Ferraro, (b grade defense prospect and a 1st) may get it done. The Iginla trade likely lowered the price as the Pens did not give up any player on its current roster. I am not sure how willing Kenny is to surrender his 1st round pick seeing as how he gave one up for Quincey last year. We'll see what happens.

Edited by Hatethedrake!

Guest Johnz96

That would be incredible stupid, Babcock although not having a great roster - an average one at best - managed to still keep this team in the playoff race thats a huge accomplishment. Tippet is one heck of a trainer,but he is not Mike Babcock.

Jay-Bouwmeester would be great and easily be the Wings best defenseman, I think all he needs is a change of scenery to blossom again. The guy was an absolute powerhorse on the backend for the Panthers a few years ago.

Average at best???

WE have 2 of the 10 best players in the league, one of the top 10 d-men in the league an above average (at the very least) starting goaltender and solid cast around them.

Kronwall is much better than Bouwmeester

JBO would make the Wings better. He is the perfect #2 dman. Problem is the Wings do not have a legit #1 guy. Kronwall is also an ideal #2 guy. The only problem with trading for JBO is his salary. He is simply not worth the 6.68 mil a season he is currently being paid. However he only has 1 more year left on his deal.

Pehaps Kenny is thinking of trading for JBO now while he is relatively cheap (due to his big salary) and then sign him to a contract extension at a lower rate (5.5 mil).

A top 4 of Kronwall, Ericsson, Quincey and JBO is not great but it's better than what we have right now. Add in Smith, Kindl, Lashoff and hopefully Dekeyser and things are looking better on the Wings blueline. Sproul and Ouellette are down the road.

I don't see spots for White (UFA) or Colaiacovo. Hopefully Kenny buys out Cola this summer.

I see Kenny having a price he is willing to pay for JBO and if Feaster exceeds it then he will pull out. Something like Ferraro, (b grade defense prospect and a 1st) may get it done. The Iginla trade likely lowered the price as the Pens did not give up any player on its current roster. I am not sure how willing Kenny is to surrender his 1st round pick seeing as how he gave one up for Quincey last year. We'll see what happens.

Kronwall is not a legit #1???

Who is then? Name 15 better d-men.

Edited by Johnz96

Guest Hatethedrake!

I don't think there are many legit #1 dmen in the NHL. Chara, Weber, Doughty, Pietrangelo, Suter, Keith, Karlsson, Ekman-Larsson come to mind.

Average at best???

WE have 2 of the 10 best players in the league, one of the top 10 d-men in the league an above average (at the very least) starting goaltender and solid cast around them.

Kronwall is much better than Bouwmeester

Kronwall is not a legit #1???
Who is then? Name 15 better d-men.

Edited by Hatethedrake!

Guest fat guy in a maltby jersey

on what planet is kronwall a top-10 dman? LOL. guy can't play defense to save his life.

Guest Johnz96

on what planet is kronwall a top-10 dman? LOL. guy can't play defense to save his life.

That is a misconception around here probably because we have been spoiled watching the Perfect Human Being for so long.

I've even seen him referred to as a 'turnover machine' here. Lol

Of the top 10 scoring d-man only 1 is credited with more GiveAways, even those touted as Norris candidates like Letang (who has twice as many), Beauchemin, Chara, Weber, Pietrangelo, Keith, Doughty... have more.

He leads the team in blocked shots and is one of the game's most feared hitters.

He has the skill and acumen to move the puck and is a main reason we are still a top puck possession team (when we have the puck the opponets can't score)

Name 30 better defensemen in the league than Kronner (1 #1 dman per team) and I will agree he is not a #1 dman

There's not 10 better.

Edited by Johnz96

Forgive my ignorance...What's so special about Mrazek?..I know nothing about him.

I don't mean to talk down on him, but as puckbags pointed out - if Howard signs on for another 4, or 5 years where does Mrazek fit in?..Is he a "sure thing" at the NHL level?

IMHO Bouwmeester could fit in very well in Detroit; he has the skating/puck handling skills to excel with the puck possession style of play, he's 29 years old, stays healthy throughout the season, and there's only 1 year left on his current contract (for those who use that as a reason not getting him).

Goalies take a while to mature. He won't ve a backup til 2014-15, then it'll be another two years or so to be a reliable starter. If he goes faster than that, then we will have a great goalie tandem once more.

Guest fat guy in a maltby jersey

Name 30 better defensemen in the league than Kronner (1 #1 dman per team) and I will agree he is not a #1 dman

30? He said that hew was top 10.

Guest Johnz96

I may quoted the wrong person, but someone said he was not a #1 dman. I don't know about top 10, but top 15 for sure

Top 10

Guest Crymson

I may quoted the wrong person, but someone said he was not a #1 dman. I don't know about top 10, but top 15 for sure

Top 10

Neither. He failed to make even the top 45 in fantasy rankings, and rightfully so.

I'll go ahead and list 15 defensemen who are better than him (because you think so lowly of Kronwall, I'll leave him out). In no particular order:

Karlsson

Pietrangelo

OEL

Chara

Girardi

Staal

Letang

Suter

Weber

Edler

Shattenkirk

Keith