• This topic is locked This topic is locked
214 replies to this topic

#81 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,395 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:25 PM

They always made the playoffs before he got there.

Calgary had lost in the first round four consecutive seasons before Bouwmeester's arrival. The inability to retool was in place already. It just continued on in Bouwmeester's time there since. I don't know how Bouwmeester is supposed to control poor management decisions. 

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#82 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,846 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:32 PM

Anyway we can get him and immediately get him to take a massive paycut?  

Otherwise, I say no.  Holland is cheap, but even I wouldn't make this move.  

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#83 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,994 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:33 PM

I think Calgary should offer him to Peter Chiarelli first, only have have J-Bo block the trade & force the Flames to send him somewhere else

#84 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,825 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:49 PM

If we trade for Bouwmeester I'm going to lose it.  Why take on that s*** contract for that s*** player when Yandle is supposedly available?

Just wait, next thing you know we land Bouwmeester for nyquist, tatar, mrazek & a pick, even though the Pens got Jarome for Angostini and a wet fart.

....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#85 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,846 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:52 PM

Just wait, next thing you know we land Bouwmeester for nyquist, tatar, mrazek & a pick, even though the Pens got Jarome for Angostini and a wet fart.

Those two prospects better turn out to be the next Gretzky and Messier, or else I'll be forever pissed.   :lol:

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#86 Hey man nice shot!

Hey man nice shot!

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:04 PM

lol

lol

See he is tough.

#87 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,785 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:06 PM

Please God no.  Looks like we'd have to give up one of McCollum or Mrazek. For the former, MAYBE. For the latter,  no effing way. We need scoring help,  not defense; especially the pylon. 

http://kuklaskorner...._medium=twitter

You wouldn't include McCollum in a deal for him? 

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#88 gcom007

gcom007

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,149 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:15 PM

You wouldn't include McCollum in a deal for him? 

Wasn't McCollum already written off for the most part anyways? If Howard stays consistent, we'll be fine in goal for 5-6 years. We can afford to lose a prospect at goal, especially if it's McCollum. Mrazek would be a little harder to swallow, which is also why he'd likely be the guy they wanted. I didn't see McCollum mentioned anywhere either.

-Elliot...does not panic.

#89 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,941 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:24 PM

I'd be in for getting Bouwmeester, just as long as it doesn't cost us Tatar, Nyquist, Smith, or Jarnkrok.

Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#90 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,318 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:13 PM

I'd be in for getting Bouwmeester, just as long as it doesn't cost us Tatar, Nyquist, Smith, or Jarnkrok.

you forgot mrazek sheahan sproul frk  jurco ouellet backman

i dont care if it means we dont get bouwmeester or yandle or whomever we cant touch those players at all

i do think unfortunetly nyquist and/or tatar will be gone by the trade deadline

#91 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,570 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:26 PM

I would love to see J Bo here. Our defense is solid, but it isn't great. We still need a top two guy and he fits the bill. Plus, he would help our offense set up better than anyone else we have on the back end other than Kronwall.

We would have to give up a defenseman to clear space. Kindl, Patterson and a 2nd?
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#92 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:02 AM

At first I wasn't on board with trading for Boumeester but if Calary is selling and we can swing a deal, I think Holland needs to aggressively go after him and a forward this deadline. My 2nd option for D would be Yandle but God knows what Phoenix would want for him, if they're willing to take offers on him at all.

Wouldn't it be fun if having Bouwmeester completely handcuffed the team in the offseason?

Totally agree. J-bo seems like it would be a very low maintinance move, in terms of fitting in with the team. Where as Yandle might provide a little more scoring, but also a lot of cursing due to bad pinches.

Low maintenance? Do you mean aside from the assets he'd cost and how much cap he'd eat up?

He's not a #1 defenseman anymore.

#93 Tr!PoD#19

Tr!PoD#19

Troll

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,373 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:05 AM

Bouwmeester would instantly become our best defenseman. If the price wasn't anything too outrageous, i'd do it in a heartbeat.

#94 Wingsfan72

Wingsfan72

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:06 AM

Any way Calgary can eat some of his salary or is that unlikely?

If I die tell my wife I said, "Hello".

#95 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:07 AM

I would love to see J Bo here. Our defense is solid, but it isn't great. We still need a top two guy and he fits the bill. Plus, he would help our offense set up better than anyone else we have on the back end other than Kronwall.

We would have to give up a defenseman to clear space. Kindl, Patterson and a 2nd?

Offense? Are you aware that he has totaled 77 points over his past 246 games? No offensively-capable, top-pairing d-man on any team musters less than 30 points for three seasons in a row.

#96 Tr!PoD#19

Tr!PoD#19

Troll

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,373 posts

Wouldn't it be fun if having Bouwmeester completely handcuffed the team in the offseason?

Low maintenance? Do you mean aside from the assets he'd cost and how much cap he'd eat up?

He's not a #1 defenseman anymore.

He's looked like a #1 everytime i've watched him this year.

#97 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Bouwmeester would instantly become our best defenseman. If the price wasn't anything too outrageous, i'd do it in a heartbeat.

The number of people who have made this claim without actually seeing the guy play is truly frightening.

Perhaps some are living in his stats of five years ago.

#98 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,318 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:10 AM

ryan whitney would be the perfect pick up forget  bouwmeester , he wouldnt cost as much to get and he would be a ufa and not carry a 6.6 cap hit next year

that being said who would be out of the line up if we got another defensemen??? gotta say i been really impressed with kindl and lashoff  smith's not going anywhere as well as kronwall and ericsson .... quincey would be out of the lineup when he returns if we got someone else???  guessing it would be lashoff and kindl rotating

#99 Tr!PoD#19

Tr!PoD#19

Troll

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,373 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:11 AM

The number of people who have made this claim without actually seeing the guy play is truly frightening.

Perhaps some are living in his stats of five years ago.

Eh, I watch him alot. I watch the Oilers, Canucks & Flames quite a bit due to my location and the fact most of my family and friends are fans of those three teams.

I think he'd fit our style of play much better than that of the slow, grind it out style Calgary has played ever since he's been there. He plays shutdown minutes on that team as well, which hurts his offensive game, since all you seem to care about is stats.

Edited by Tr!PoD#19, 29 March 2013 - 12:16 AM.

#100 Johnz96

Johnz96

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:17 AM

Calgary had lost in the first round four consecutive seasons before Bouwmeester's arrival. The inability to retool was in place already. It just continued on in Bouwmeester's time there since. I don't know how Bouwmeester is supposed to control poor management decisions. 

You mean like using $6.8 mil of their cap space on Bouwmesster?