• This topic is locked This topic is locked
214 replies to this topic

#101 Tr!PoD#19

Tr!PoD#19

Troll

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,337 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:17 AM

ryan whitney would be the perfect pick up forget  bouwmeester , he wouldnt cost as much to get and he would be a ufa and not carry a 6.6 cap hit next year

that being said who would be out of the line up if we got another defensemen??? gotta say i been really impressed with kindl and lashoff  smith's not going anywhere as well as kronwall and ericsson .... quincey would be out of the lineup when he returns if we got someone else???  guessing it would be lashoff and kindl rotating

Yeah, let's get the guy who can't crack the Oilers lineup. Whitney is done, dude. He has ZERO footspeed. Absolute pylon in his own zone.

#102 Johnz96

Johnz96

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:18 AM

I think Calgary should offer him to Peter Chiarelli first, only have have J-Bo block the trade & force the Flames to send him somewhere else

To Pittsburgh

#103 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:25 AM

Yeah, let's get the guy who can't crack the Oilers lineup. Whitney is done, dude. He has ZERO footspeed. Absolute pylon in his own zone.

he'd be alot better here than with the oilers and hes a ufa unlike bouweester and his huge cap hit nevermind the demand flames will want in return .... no thanks

#104 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,273 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:32 AM

You mean like using $6.8 mil of their cap space on Bouwmesster?

He's overpaid -- that isn't my argument. There were many other moves which perpetuated the situation in Calgary as well.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#105 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:37 AM

he'd be alot better here than with the oilers and hes a ufa unlike bouweester and his huge cap hit nevermind the demand flames will want in return .... no thanks

He would be no better at all. His injury is such that he can neither skate well nor turn well. He would be as much a liability here as there.

It's not uncommon for people to claim that moving from another team to the Wings can improve one's play, but suggesting that it will spontaneously heal one's injuries is new.

#106 Johnz96

Johnz96

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:00 AM

He's overpaid -- that isn't my argument. There were many other moves which perpetuated the situation in Calgary as well.

I know.
But that's the main reason I don't want him. That salary cap hit would impede the Wings ability to make moves which would address their needs better than he would

Bouwmeester would instantly become our best defenseman. If the price wasn't anything too outrageous, i'd do it in a heartbeat.

Kronwall is much better

#107 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:03 AM

Flames fans can't wait to get rid of him. Of course Kenny takes the bait.

bringit.jpg

#108 10 Minute Misconduct

10 Minute Misconduct

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:10 AM

Flames fans can't wait to get rid of him. Of course Kenny takes the bait.

They've actually been raving about him this year.  He would be a good get.

Posted Image

#109 Ally

Ally

just figured out how to change my title

• PipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:40 AM

The only thing more annoying than hearing Holland say "we like our team" is seeing that quote posted in every single thread.

"Everything he does is exciting to watch.” -Holmstrom describes Datsyuk

#110 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:47 AM

d man like that sint going to make wings better.... the issue is structure top to bottom. quit putting bandaids on this team holland

#111 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:53 AM

the trade that should happen is dave tippet for mike babcock please.... our coach has been going through the motions for the last 4 years... how many assistant coaches do we need to blow through before we realize the real issue

#112 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:11 AM

Offense? Are you aware that he has totaled 77 points over his past 246 games? No offensively-capable, top-pairing d-man on any team musters less than 30 points for three seasons in a row.

He is a puck mover, isn't he? I didn't mean he'd score, but that we are sorely in need of a guy who can play puck possession hockey.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#113 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,909 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:30 AM

the trade that should happen is dave tippet for mike babcock please.... our coach has been going through the motions for the last 4 years... how many assistant coaches do we need to blow through before we realize the real issue

That would be incredible stupid, Babcock although not having a great roster - an average one at best - managed to still keep this team in the playoff race thats a huge accomplishment. Tippet is one heck of a trainer,but he is not Mike Babcock.

Jay-Bouwmeester would be great and easily be the Wings best defenseman, I think all he needs is a change of scenery to blossom again. The guy was an absolute powerhorse on the backend for the Panthers a few years ago.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#114 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:12 AM

JBO would make the Wings better.  He is the perfect #2 dman.  Problem is the Wings do not have a legit #1 guy.  Kronwall is also an ideal #2 guy.  The only problem with trading for JBO is his salary.  He is simply not worth the 6.68 mil a season he is currently being paid.  However he only has 1 more year left on his deal.

Pehaps Kenny is thinking of trading for JBO now while he is relatively cheap (due to his big salary) and then sign him to a contract extension at a lower rate (5.5 mil). 

A top 4 of Kronwall, Ericsson, Quincey and JBO is not great but it's better than what we have right now.  Add in Smith, Kindl, Lashoff and hopefully Dekeyser and things are looking better on the Wings blueline.  Sproul and Ouellette are down the road.

I don't see spots for White (UFA) or Colaiacovo.  Hopefully Kenny buys out Cola this summer.

I see Kenny having a price he is willing to pay for JBO and if Feaster exceeds it then he will pull out.  Something like Ferraro, (b grade defense prospect and a 1st) may get it done.  The Iginla trade likely lowered the price as the Pens did not give up any player on its current roster. I am not sure how willing Kenny is to surrender his 1st round pick seeing as how he gave one up for Quincey last year.  We'll see what happens.

Edited by Hatethedrake!, 29 March 2013 - 08:16 AM.

Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams

#115 Johnz96

Johnz96

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:22 AM

That would be incredible stupid, Babcock although not having a great roster - an average one at best - managed to still keep this team in the playoff race thats a huge accomplishment. Tippet is one heck of a trainer,but he is not Mike Babcock.

Jay-Bouwmeester would be great and easily be the Wings best defenseman, I think all he needs is a change of scenery to blossom again. The guy was an absolute powerhorse on the backend for the Panthers a few years ago.

Average at best???

WE have 2 of the 10 best players in the league, one of the top 10 d-men in the league an above average (at the very least) starting goaltender and solid cast around them. 

Kronwall is much better than Bouwmeester

JBO would make the Wings better.  He is the perfect #2 dman.  Problem is the Wings do not have a legit #1 guy.  Kronwall is also an ideal #2 guy.  The only problem with trading for JBO is his salary.  He is simply not worth the 6.68 mil a season he is currently being paid.  However he only has 1 more year left on his deal.

Pehaps Kenny is thinking of trading for JBO now while he is relatively cheap (due to his big salary) and then sign him to a contract extension at a lower rate (5.5 mil). 

A top 4 of Kronwall, Ericsson, Quincey and JBO is not great but it's better than what we have right now.  Add in Smith, Kindl, Lashoff and hopefully Dekeyser and things are looking better on the Wings blueline.  Sproul and Ouellette are down the road.

I don't see spots for White (UFA) or Colaiacovo.  Hopefully Kenny buys out Cola this summer.

I see Kenny having a price he is willing to pay for JBO and if Feaster exceeds it then he will pull out.  Something like Ferraro, (b grade defense prospect and a 1st) may get it done.  The Iginla trade likely lowered the price as the Pens did not give up any player on its current roster. I am not sure how willing Kenny is to surrender his 1st round pick seeing as how he gave one up for Quincey last year.  We'll see what happens.

Kronwall is not a legit #1???
Who is then? Name 15 better d-men.

Edited by Johnz96, 29 March 2013 - 08:21 AM.

#116 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:31 AM

I don't think there are many legit #1 dmen in the NHL.  Chara, Weber, Doughty, Pietrangelo, Suter, Keith, Karlsson, Ekman-Larsson come to mind. 

Average at best???

WE have 2 of the 10 best players in the league, one of the top 10 d-men in the league an above average (at the very least) starting goaltender and solid cast around them. 

Kronwall is much better than Bouwmeester

Kronwall is not a legit #1???
Who is then? Name 15 better d-men.

Edited by Hatethedrake!, 29 March 2013 - 08:33 AM.

Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams

#117 Spongewingredpants

Spongewingredpants

Pragmatic Optimist

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,581 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:49 AM

i was under the assumption that we liked our team

My wish: A healthy roster

#118 fat guy in a maltby jersey

fat guy in a maltby jersey

3rd Line Checker

• Restricted
  • PipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:15 AM

on what planet is kronwall a top-10 dman?  LOL.  guy can't play defense to save his life.

#119 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,234 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:39 AM

on what planet is kronwall a top-10 dman?  LOL.  guy can't play defense to save his life.

Name 30 better defensemen in the league than Kronner (1 #1 dman per team) and I will agree he is not a #1 dman

#120 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,564 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:51 AM

Forgive my ignorance...What's so special about Mrazek?..I know nothing about him.

I don't mean to talk down on him, but as puckbags pointed out - if Howard signs on for another 4, or 5 years where does Mrazek fit in?..Is he a "sure thing" at the NHL level?

IMHO Bouwmeester could fit in very well in Detroit; he has the skating/puck handling skills to excel with the puck possession style of play, he's 29 years old, stays healthy throughout the season, and there's only 1 year left on his current contract (for those who use that as a reason not getting him).

'Evolution' created by Offsides