Continental Wings

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 NornIronWings

NornIronWings

Draftee

• 11 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:21 PM

I thought I'd join this forum to meet other Wings fans and have a general conversation about them (instead of with myself!!)

I live in Belfast, Northern Ireland and have followed the red wings since around 2006. I usually catch most games on the internet, most games start between 12.30am-3am. Just wondering if there are any other fans on here from the UK?

Lets go wings!  :nhl_crach:

#2 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,220 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:28 PM

Welcome to the forum!!! 

GO WINGS!!!

#3 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:55 PM

Welcome!! LGW!!

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#4 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,113 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:06 PM

Welcome, I believe we have quite a few people in your situation here. One of the benefits of following the best franchise in the world :stanley:

#5 NornIronWings

NornIronWings

Draftee

• 11 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:08 PM

I dont know if any of you guys and girls follow soccer aswell. My other connection with Detroit is that my local soccer team in Belfast (Glentoran FC) toured the US as the 'Detroit Cougars' in the summer of 1967 to promote the about-to-be-formed North American Soccer League. 6 degrees of seperation :)

Edited by NornIronWings, 28 March 2013 - 08:09 PM.

#6 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,569 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:25 PM

I like to think our country gave you the Red Wings, and yours gave us Tullamore Dew.  Maybe that's not historically accurate, but I feel the trade was beneficial for both parties. 

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#7 NornIronWings

NornIronWings

Draftee

• 11 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:26 PM

I like to think our country gave you the Red Wings, and yours gave us Tullamore Dew.  Maybe that's not historically accurate, but I feel the trade was beneficial for both parties. 

Not quite, Tullamore is in the Republic of Ireland, country below ours on the map

#8 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,569 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:28 PM

Not quite, Tullamore is in the Republic of Ireland, country below ours on the map

I know the difference between Northern Ireland and the ROI.  I just couldn't be bothered to look up which country Tullamore was in.  But anyway...welcome. 

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#9 NornIronWings

NornIronWings

Draftee

• 11 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:44 PM

I know the difference between Northern Ireland and the ROI.  I just couldn't be bothered to look up which country Tullamore was in.  But anyway...welcome. 

Ah, no problem! My general experience with Americans has found that a lot think the island of Ireland is one country just

#10 Jedi

Jedi

Spell Forged - Unparalleled Quality

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,804 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:48 PM

Welcome to the boards!  Always great to learn about Wings fans across the pond and around the world!

I moved the thread to the Water Cooler section, since the General Discussion thread is more for talking about hockey.

Also, I had to remove your signature picture, because it's a big larger than the Forum Rules allow.  Signature pictures are limited to 400x100.

Anywho, welcome to the boards!

snyoep.jpg
"I am the sword in the darkness... I am the watcher on the walls...
I am the shield that guards the realms of men..."

#11 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,203 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:15 PM

I've never been to Ireland or the UK but welcome anyway! 

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users