• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
nyqvististhefuture

time to trade filppula?

Rate this topic

You guys need to factor in the buyouts. We might see 1 or 2 decent players in the mix this summer. You know, decent players with insane contracts?

I still would have liked Holland to do something. Oh well.

Can't happen now his contract is up at the end of the season he wants 5 mill+ we either resign him or he is an UFA. He has had the potential for ever but not consistent at all. One minute he does something on the ice and he looks like Dats then he is back to average Filps. I think he is gone after this year but I've been wrong before

Can't happen now his contract is up at the end of the season he wants 5 mill+ we either resign him or he is an UFA. He has had the potential for ever but not consistent at all. One minute he does something on the ice and he looks like Dats then he is back to average Filps. I think he is gone after this year but I've been wrong before

It is to me like mentioned a two way street.

Very happy and loving the fact, that Holland didn't gut our future but I am still pissed, he didn't trade Filpulla and White. If the rumours are true and his agent is asking for 5million + annually, he will be gone this summer for nothing. His trade-price will never be as high as yesterday again so in my mind a missed opportunity to gain another first rounder in a deep draft, damnit.

O'Byrne would have been a shutdown defenseman, willing to drop the gloves not a bad pickup for the Leafs.

Why should a team give up a second, third rounder for White? Just look at the prices and some of the trades, some GMs - sadly I have to include Stevie here - are getting unbelievable desperate and it shows.

I've always liked Filppula. Great potential when playing with the right players, in the right circumstances, which he proved last season, and he's always been a solid two-way player.

That said, he has really disappeared this season, partially due to injury, partially due to everyone around him disappearing for stretches. Things have not gone as planned following last season's breakout performance. From the sounds of it, Filppula's camp wants money/term indicative of last seasons production and the Wings are a ways off.

Expecting him to sign around Franzen's cap-hit without the "circumvention" of his ridiculous term is unrealistic, even with the drop in cap-space and his production. However, if the Wings lose him to free agency after refusing to trade him over the last season or so, I'm going to be pretty pissed.

I think we've seen Flip's ceiling and he's a guy that should be playing on the 2nd or 3rd line. $5 mil per would be a lot of money for his production and hard to swallow but I wouldn't be surprised for him to get it from a number of teams including the Wings.

Only KH knows what the contract expectations are from Flip's camp but if he wants north of $4.5 per and we could swing a deal for a top 20 pick in the draft I would think Holland would have to seriously consider it. I expect him to remain with the team after the deadline though. I don't know how many teams are actually interested in him as a rental and trading him would damage whatever chances we have of making a cup run.

I doubt that. I thnk MANY teams are interested in Flip for what he brings on both sides of the puck.

Wouldnt pay the money? Well, take a look...

Its hard to really gauge what Flip is worth. Is he better than David legwand (4.5 mil)

Better than RJ Umberger (4.6 million) ...well, I would say yes.

PA Parentau makes 4 million as does Drew Stafford. i think he is worth 4.5.

F3ck....if Sammy makes 3 million (barf) Fil should get 4.2-4.6

Edited by Motown4013

All this talk of Flipps being traded is outrageous. Why would Ken Holland let go of players for nothing when you are 7th in the Western Conference? We are a buyer, not a seller. I get it, we are in jeopardy of losing Flippula for nothing this offseason however like I said before, you cannot afford to be seller when you have a chance at making money in the postseason. You lose more money when you don't make the playoffs.

Ian White trade would be awesome, again.. I don't see any team reaching for him.

Why don't we trade him for Nathan Horton? Bos next year will have to resign him and he will get a considerable raise...Bos will only have 8m to resign everyone and fill jagr's role should they wish to dump him...fil is attractive in a sense that he's fast and is versatile. He can play any position and is defensively responsible. Add a third round pick (do we still have it i cant remember im sorry) to make it attractive.

Horton fills our physical needs and power forward role. Just a thought. Just straight up swap (like my wife said).

Edited by Aznknight

Why don't we trade him for Nathan Horton? Bos next year will have to resign him and he will get a considerable raise...Bos will only have 8m to resign everyone and fill jagr's role should they wish to dump him...fil is attractive in a sense that he's fast and is versatile. He can play any position and is defensively responsible. Add a third round pick (do we still have it i cant remember im sorry) to make it attractive.

Horton fills our physical needs and power forward role. Just a thought. Just straight up swap (like my wife said).

AFAIK Horton doesn't play center. With Dats and Z as the Wings only top-6 centers, the Wings need to have someone that can fill in when either are injured.

Horton hasn't been much of a power forward since his concussion. I don't think he should be a target for the Wings.

Edited by WorkingOvertime

They let Hudler walk....

We had some semblance of winger depth with Tatar/Nyquist, our center depth is pretty barren Sheahan/Ferraro/Andersson don't really project top 6, or are a ways out. And Jarnkrok is going to need some time to become a complete player to replace Filppula.

I trust in kenny though so im sure he has something up his sleeve. A medical practitioner trade perhaps. Get em all healthy!

Hire Richard simmons as a franzen personal trainer....watch franzen explode to 60 goals cuz he doesnt wanna train with him anymore

Fil's not exactly going into negotiations in a position of strength right now. His dismal numbers this season aren't going to help. The "breakout" year has seen him fall back to more typical offensive production again.

I think that the contract issue is effecting his play. He doesn't seem to be playing with the same level of enthusiasm he usually does, he barely even celebrated his goal a few nights ago. If not the contract, then it's something else.

That said, I think he'll be back for 4-4.5 mil.

Edited by Z and D for the C

Saw this on HFB;

From Ottawa Sun:

Quote:
The Wings listened to offers for C Valtteri Filppula at the deadline and they had a lot of interest. Detroit decided not to move him in the end but the Penguins, Bruins, Leafs and Rangers were all trying to see if they could entice the Wings to move Filppula.

You guys know i'm normally a Holland fan, and I stick up for him. I can't jump to conclusions as much as I want, but i'm going to be a little butthurt to watch Filp walk this offseason when we could've gotten a grand return from a contender.

I wonder if they'll be able to trade his rights on draft day to move up in the 1st round? Our 1st + Flip for, say, Edmontons 1st? Get to move up ~ 10 places in the draft.

Saw this on HFB;

From Ottawa Sun:

Quote:
The Wings listened to offers for C Valtteri Filppula at the deadline and they had a lot of interest. Detroit decided not to move him in the end but the Penguins, Bruins, Leafs and Rangers were all trying to see if they could entice the Wings to move Filppula.

You guys know i'm normally a Holland fan, and I stick up for him. I can't jump to conclusions as much as I want, but i'm going to be a little butthurt to watch Filp walk this offseason when we could've gotten a grand return from a contender.

Well, if that's truly the case... I'm a bit intrigued at what the pieces/prospects/picks that any of those teams were willing to give up to grab up Val.

Moving up in the draft with Fil's rights would be acceptable if he's looking for a massive payday and he's not going to re-sign here. I've been non-plussed about his play this year, but I'm still torn about moving the guy. If he walks and signs elsewhere without something in return, I will not be happy.

I still think that Ken Holland will over pay for him this off season. Fil is a great player but a pass first type of guy is not what Detroit needs to spend 4.5m+ on. As much as I would hate to see him leave he just doesn't fit for the money he is after and probably will command.

I am totally OK with trading him. I don't want him back here. He is a fairly good player but everyone loves to think about Flip's "upside". That's it, you're seeing it. What you see is the fully formed Flip. It's not like he is going to go to another team and start going to the dirty areas to score, shoot first, and show toughness.

I am totally OK with trading him. I don't want him back here. He is a fairly good player but everyone loves to think about Flip's "upside". That's it, you're seeing it. What you see is the fully formed Flip. It's not like he is going to go to another team and start going to the dirty areas to score, shoot first, and show toughness.

Me too. Even if he would improve, I dont ever think he is going to be a $5M player. I'm tired of seeing him trying to deke three players and spin around inside the offensive blueline. Trade him at the draft and spend the money elsewhere. Jarnkrok or Nyqvist can have his spot.