• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
nyqvististhefuture

time to trade filppula?

Rate this topic

Saw this on HFB;

You guys know i'm normally a Holland fan, and I stick up for him. I can't jump to conclusions as much as I want, but i'm going to be a little butthurt to watch Filp walk this offseason when we could've gotten a grand return from a contender.

I love how you assume that Holland would have received a "grand return" for Filpulla. After the number of posters here who argue that Filpulla is not worth 5 Million, why would a trade offer be worthy of a "grand return"?

Personally, I'm still a fan of Filpulla, he does good things, but I always feel like I watch a different Red Wings team than the posters here.

Guest Crymson

Well, if that's truly the case... I'm a bit intrigued at what the pieces/prospects/picks that any of those teams were willing to give up to grab up Val.

Moving up in the draft with Fil's rights would be acceptable if he's looking for a massive payday and he's not going to re-sign here. I've been non-plussed about his play this year, but I'm still torn about moving the guy. If he walks and signs elsewhere without something in return, I will not be happy.

Given how poorly Filppula has played this season, exactly how good could the offers have been?

You guys know i'm normally a Holland fan, and I stick up for him. I can't jump to conclusions as much as I want, but i'm going to be a little butthurt to watch Filp walk this offseason when we could've gotten a grand return from a contender.

A grand return? For a guy who is currently playing at the level of a third-line center?

Given how poorly Filppula has played this season, exactly how good could the offers have been?

A grand return? For a guy who is currently playing at the level of a third-line center?

Probably not a "grand return," (lol!) but my interest is always piqued when these types of statements come to the surface... especially when there is a chance that Fil walks.

Probably not a "grand return," (lol!) but my interest is always piqued when these types of statements come to the surface... especially when there is a chance that Fil walks.

Exactly. It's a gamble for sure. Fil hadn't developed the way everyone has hoped, but you also don't want to lose a decent player for nothing. Especially for a team in rebuild mode.

Saw this on HFB;

As long as he didn't go to the Penguins, Canucks or Sharks, I wanted him to move at the deadline. Wait for him to be in Calgary next year with Hudler.

Guest Crymson

I'm sure it was a tough decision. But consider that if we could have gotten a healthy Helm, Bertuzzi, and Samuelsson back in timely fashion, a trip to the 2nd round or beyond was not out of the question.

I honestly think he would've atleast brought in a 2nd/3rd round pick... normally anything is better than allowing them to walk for free over the summer. Center's don't grow on trees and many teams desire to add more center depth, it's the one positive you can never have enough of. Maybe I falsely used "grand", sure, but he would've gotten us a nice return regardless of this seasons performance.

In the end, we're just going to speculate because we don't know what the offers were. That's exactly why I said I'm not going to jump to conclusions immediately.