• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
nyqvististhefuture

time to trade filppula?

Rate this topic

gotta say he hasnt been impressing me and especially if its true and hes asking for 5 million + per season he has to go in my opinion ... i was just thinking with boston getting screwed over the iginla trade they must be desperate to make a move

anyone think we can pull off a filpulla for a 1st rd pick and jordan caron? we can then use the pick in a trade for a defensemen and not lose our own 1st round pick ... if we do pick up a bouwemeester or yandle we wont be able to resign flppula at 5 million when we gotta resign howard etc..

thoughts?

Unless Datsyuk tells management he's going to re-sign or a trade offer comes along offering us a center Flip will almost certainly be re-signed.

We'll need a 2nd line center while Jarnkrok develops if Datsyuk heads home.

We can't rely on picking one up in UFA especially when Flip would likely be the best center available.

I personally think he's been playing outstanding since coming back from his injury. He's strong on the puck, a great center, can play wing, and with out certainly knowing that Pasha will be coming back, we need all the top 6 centers we can get. Jarnkrok will need a year or two atleast before coming within the Wings system. Sheahan is projected to be a third line center so he won't be replacing Filp nor Pasha. Good centers don't come easy.

I personally think he's been playing outstanding since coming back from his injury. He's strong on the puck, a great center, can play wing, and with out certainly knowing that Pasha will be coming back, we need all the top 6 centers we can get. Jarnkrok will need a year or two atleast before coming within the Wings system. Sheahan is projected to be a third line center so he won't be replacing Filp nor Pasha. Good centers don't come easy.

Well, You're quite wrong. He easily gets knocked off the puck. He cowards at any sort of contact. He doesn't shoot the puck. And he panics and make BAD passes because he really has no killer instinct (nose for the net) On the plus side, he has speed, but rarely uses it. Solid on faceoffs, but haven't seen him take or win a big one. Quite honestly, Flip has been a no-show for most of the season.

i don't even think he is a legitimate top 6 on a good team. red wings forwards go through the motions nobody dynamtic other than datsyuk and zetterberg. I also made this same thread at the start of the season and it's been re made at least 4 times but with less name calling than mine

wings forwards are all 3rd 4th liners other than datsyuk and zetterberg.

abdelkader on the first line with datsyuk...nuff said

regardless if datsyuk leaves or not if he wants 5 million per year we shouldnt sign resign him thats too much for a 40-50 pt guy

And yet, if he hits free agency, rest assured he will be offered $5M plus. Ever since Jordan Staal signed that 10 year 60 million dollar contract, Flips agent has been rubbing his hands in glee. As we've seen this season, the new CBA has done nothing to reduce the ridiculous contracts.

Guest Playmaker

Did you just see what Calgary got for Iginla? Not much. And he's a long time superstar in the league. But you think we'll get a #1 for Filppula?

Did you just see what Calgary got for Iginla? Not much. And he's a long time superstar in the league. But you think we'll get a #1 for Filppula?

I'm not saying it could happen but you do have to look at the fact that Filppula is much younger, has room to grow offensively, and could be resigned for his prime years. That plus the fact that Boston needs and want to counter Pittsburgh's moves and the cards are in our favor. Iginla also hurt his value to Calgary by choosing four teams...so essentially the asking price never got to where it probably could have. That said, we still should have been able to get a first for Filppula. Especially Boston's likely 25-30.

So what is our end game here? Trade a top six center who can play power play, penalty kill...pretty much any situation for.....? Another top six forward who can play in all of those situations?

The Wings aren't contenders right now. They trade Filppula, you might want to start praying for the playoffs because there is not going to be much they can trade for that will bring equal or greater value.

We have plenty of defensive depth, but we lack true top six forwards. How would trading Fil help that? Get a draft pick? No thanks.

Well, You're quite wrong. He easily gets knocked off the puck. He cowards at any sort of contact. He doesn't shoot the puck. And he panics and make BAD passes because he really has no killer instinct (nose for the net) On the plus side, he has speed, but rarely uses it. Solid on faceoffs, but haven't seen him take or win a big one. Quite honestly, Flip has been a no-show for most of the season.

I don't think Evilzyme is 'wrong'. He's expressing his opinion and there's no need for it to be rated negatively or positively. I'm not sure about the contact thing, but I agree with you on everything else. I don't know what's going on with him, but he is one who is most definitely not playing up to what I think he's capable of. Yeah, I know that's true of many of the Wings, but it just seems more obvious with him.

Is it time for Filppula to go? I honestly say no, I think he is a great two way player, plays hard on his shifts, and can make a play. Do I think he's the best player for the wings to trade (out of all our players without a no trade clause)? Yes, he is. Zetty, Helm, Franzen, and Filps are the only player that are possible to trade with value. Zetty, I mean, that's not happening. Same goes for Helm. Franzen (although I really wish we could trade him) unfortunately is signed until 2020 (dear god). So that obviously didn't pan out the way it was foreseen I honestly don't think anyone would pick up his contract, there's absolutely no way. So besides prospects and picks, Filp is just about the most valued player we have to trade away. That being said, the wings aren't going to be making blockbuster moves to attempt to get a Stanley Cup run going. For now, I'd say, let's just keep this playoff streak alive by adding a decent front 6 man, trade up a couple prospects and a lower round pick. Next summer there is a plethera of UFA's, that SHOULD be our Christmas.

Keep Fil if he signs for 3.5m any more and he can be replaced by Tatar. Fil is a good player and I like him but in no way is he worth what he might fetch on the open market. He is scared of contact resulting in turnovers and he is not producing the offense this team needs to demand any more money. I really question if he is indeed top 6 on most nights. If Ken Holland ties up close to 10m between Fil and Mule he should be fired. Pavel and Hank carry this team while those two enjoy the ride and do F**K All

Is it time for Filppula to go? I honestly say no, I think he is a great two way player, plays hard on his shifts, and can make a play. Do I think he's the best player for the wings to trade (out of all our players without a no trade clause)? Yes, he is. Zetty, Helm, Franzen, and Filps are the only player that are possible to trade with value. Zetty, I mean, that's not happening. Same goes for Helm. Franzen (although I really wish we could trade him) unfortunately is signed until 2020 (dear god). So that obviously didn't pan out the way it was foreseen I honestly don't think anyone would pick up his contract, there's absolutely no way. So besides prospects and picks, Filp is just about the most valued player we have to trade away. That being said, the wings aren't going to be making blockbuster moves to attempt to get a Stanley Cup run going. For now, I'd say, let's just keep this playoff streak alive by adding a decent front 6 man, trade up a couple prospects and a lower round pick. Next summer there is a plethera of UFA's, that SHOULD be our Christmas.

I can't resist. Plethera? Don't you mean "a plethora"? Jefe, what is a plethora? Well you told me I had a plethora & I would just like to know if you know what a plethora is. I would not like to think that a person would tell someone he has a plethora & then find out that that person has no idea what it means to have a plethora.

guapo3B%5B1%5D.jpg

And while right now there appears that there will be a plethora of available forwards hitting the market this summer, there are no guarantees. See Anaheim: Getzlaf, Ryan & Anaheim: Perry, Corey as two that people were salivating about hitting the open market who now won't. And with every one that signs, the potential price to keep Flip goes up & up like a piñata at El Guapo's birthday party.

Guest Hatethedrake!

Filppula will not be traded. Kenny would not get proper value coming back for a player who is just entering his prime years. If he goes UFA and leaves then so be it. However I think he wants to stay in Detroit and will take less than market value to stay here. Good top 2 centres are very hard to come by. Even though Flip is a 40-50 point guy, he is a complete player in all 3 zones which Babs trusts. He has not been healthy this season which has impacted his play. However I think he will be much better next season and beyond. Flip's value should be measured by more than his stats. He does alot of little things which helps this team. I will say this though...Usually when Kenny wants to lock a player up he does so very early before his contract expires. He has not done this with Flip as of yet.

Guest Hatethedrake!

Well if he wants north of 5 mil a season then I can understand Kenny not re-signing him now. I like Flip's game but he is simply not worth this salary.

According to Khan, Filppula is looking for $5mil+ per year...if that's the case, they should trade him now while they can still get something.