• Please log in to reply
131 replies to this topic

#21 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,934 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:42 AM

Is it time for Filppula to go? I honestly say no, I think he is a great two way player, plays hard on his shifts, and can make a play. Do I think he's the best player for the wings to trade (out of all our players without a no trade clause)? Yes, he is. Zetty, Helm, Franzen, and Filps are the only player that are possible to trade with value. Zetty, I mean, that's not happening. Same goes for Helm. Franzen (although I really wish we could trade him) unfortunately is signed until 2020 (dear god). So that obviously didn't pan out the way it was foreseen  I honestly don't think anyone would pick up his contract, there's absolutely no way. So besides prospects and picks, Filp is just about the most valued player we have to trade away. That being said, the wings aren't going to be making blockbuster moves to attempt to get a Stanley Cup run going. For now, I'd say, let's just keep this playoff streak alive by adding a decent front 6 man, trade up a couple prospects and a lower round pick. Next summer there is a plethera of UFA's, that SHOULD be our Christmas. 

I can't resist.  Plethera?  Don't you mean "a plethora"?  Jefe, what is a plethora?  Well you told me I had a plethora & I would just like to know if you know what a plethora is.  I would not like to think that a person would tell someone he has a plethora & then find out that that person has no idea what it means to have a plethora.

guapo3B%5B1%5D.jpg

And while right now there appears that there will be a plethora of available forwards hitting the market this summer, there are no guarantees.  See Anaheim: Getzlaf, Ryan & Anaheim: Perry, Corey as two that people were salivating about hitting the open market who now won't.  And with every one that signs, the potential price to keep Flip goes up & up like a piñata at El Guapo's birthday party.

Money on the Board 2014: $5 per series, $5 per sweep, $5 per Kronwalling, $10 per Marchand Kronwalling, $1 per Zetterberg game, $1 per 2013 Calder Cup roster player goal

#22 Mors

Mors

The Red Death

• HoF Booster
  • 1,989 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:45 AM

According to Khan, Filppula is looking for $5mil+ per year...if that's the case, they should trade him now while they can still get something.

#23 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:47 AM

Filppula will not be traded.  Kenny would not get proper value coming back for a player who is just entering his prime years.  If he goes UFA and leaves then so be it.  However I think he wants to stay in Detroit and will take less than market value to stay here.  Good top 2 centres are very hard to come by.  Even though Flip is a 40-50 point guy, he is a complete player in all 3 zones which Babs trusts.  He has not been healthy this season which has impacted his play. However I think he will be much better next season and beyond. Flip's value should be measured by more than his stats.  He does alot of little things which helps this team.  I will say this though...Usually when Kenny wants to lock a player up he does so very early before his contract expires.  He has not done this with Flip as of yet.

Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams

#24 stillwater

stillwater

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:48 AM

Redundant.

http://www.letsgowin...ading-filppula/

#25 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:49 AM

Well if he wants north of 5 mil a season then I can understand Kenny not re-signing him now.  I like Flip's game but he is simply not worth this salary.

According to Khan, Filppula is looking for $5mil+ per year...if that's the case, they should trade him now while they can still get something.

Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams

#26 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,820 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:03 PM

Been on my mind all day. Filppula is not worth 5 mil.

Trade him Kenny and get something for him!!!

#27 Salviaman

Salviaman

Tool + Red Wings = Bliss

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:04 PM

Sign Howard and trade Fil.
Think for yourself. Question authority. Throughout human history as our species has faced the frightening, terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are or where we are going in this ocean of chance, it has been the authorities, the political, the religious, the educational authorities who attempted to comfort us by giving us order, rules, regulations, informing, forming in our minds their view of reality. To think for yourself you must question authority and learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable, open mindedness, chaotic, confused vulnerability to inform yourself.

#28 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,935 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:11 PM

if its for an upgrade like vanek or gaborik im ok with it.
he cant do s*** without playing with datsyuk or zetterberg

Edited by brett, 02 April 2013 - 07:12 PM.

#29 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,257 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:27 PM

Flip re-signing has nothing to do with Datsyuk. Flip won't suddenly be our number one center if Datsyuk leaves, and we can always sign a Flip replacement.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#30 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:36 PM

At $5M, thanks but NO thanks Flip!!!

Btw any speculation on possible moves?
"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#31 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,760 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:41 PM

I was all for holding on to Flip until it looked like we weren't going to do anything at the deadline this year.  But if that's the case then trade him for a first, because the same old thing just hasn't been cutting it for quite a while now. 

This is kinda hard for me to type because I freaking love Flip, but man, how many times does your team have to make an early exit before you conclude that the "core" you have isn't as good as you think? 

Edited by kipwinger, 02 April 2013 - 07:42 PM.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#32 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,420 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:44 PM

Filppula and a 1st for Pominville. Tell me the Sabres don't accept that

#33 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,760 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:46 PM

Filppula and a 1st for Pominville. Tell me the Sabres don't accept that

they won't accept that.  Flip is a rental and the Sabres aren't going to make the playoffs.  Why would they want a guy that's likely going to walk in two months if they can't even use him for a cup run?

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#34 sjr2012

sjr2012

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:51 PM

I was all for holding on to Flip until it looked like we weren't going to do anything at the deadline this year.  But if that's the case then trade him for a first, because the same old thing just hasn't been cutting it for quite a while now. 

This is kinda hard for me to type because I freaking love Flip, but man, how many times does your team have to make an early exit before you conclude that the "core" you have isn't as good as you think? 

and a 1st pick would help us how?

try to get something by me i dare you

:goalie:

#35 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,820 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:08 PM

and a 1st pick would help us how?

The draft is deep this year IF the 1st would be for this year.

#36 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,420 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:14 PM

I do like Filppula a lot but there's so many times you can watch a player continuously be a pass first forward before it's time to just try something different. We have enough playmaking forwards.

#37 DetroitRedWings1993

DetroitRedWings1993

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:15 PM

He plays soft, doesn't hit, and disappears for long stretches of time. If you aren't tough enough to battle through injuries, then you don't belong in hockey. He isn't producing and never has in line with his ability. He's insane if his asking price is accurate. I wouldn't even pay him 2 right now.

The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring is rated PG-13 for epic battle sequences.

#38 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,768 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:26 PM

At 5 mil I agree no thanks.  Id rather see phil kessel on Dats wing if we are talking 5 mil, so Kenny get a package including fil (++) or phil.  

....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#39 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,349 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:29 PM

Who will play second line center if Z is still injured and Flip is traded? The Wings are still in a playoff position, and trading Flip without a healthy Z would be terrible.

#40 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,935 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:03 PM

I think we could get yandle for fil
But I want a top forward