• Please log in to reply
131 replies to this topic

#41 sjr2012

sjr2012

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,225 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:29 PM

The draft is deep this year IF the 1st would be for this year.

but it all depends on if we get a good spot to pick from ppl keep dreaming of snagging Pulock doesnt mean we will

try to get something by me i dare you

:goalie:

#42 Wing-in-avs-town

Wing-in-avs-town

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:39 PM

I think we could get yandle for fil
But I want a top forward

Hmmmmmmmmmm, He did have 2 goals tonight :-)

The early bird may get the worm, but it's the 2nd mouse that gets the cheese.

#43 Shaman

Shaman

Die hard Red Wing fan and realist.

• Silver Booster
  • 3,846 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:58 PM

Who will play second line center if Z is still injured and Flip is traded? The Wings are still in a playoff position, and trading Flip without a healthy Z would be terrible.

So you'd rather lose Flip in the summer for nothing when he asks for 5m?

Edited by Shaman464, 03 April 2013 - 12:01 AM.

Feuer und Wasser kommt nicht zusammen
Kann man nicht binden sind nicht verwandt
In Funken versunken steh ich in Flammen
und bin im Wasser verbrannt
Im Wasser verbrannt

#44 BadgerBob

BadgerBob

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:21 AM

I say trade him now while we can get something for him rather than just let him walk away in the off season. If he wants $5M/year he's crazy. Pretty obvious we won't be winning the cup this year unless this team pulls a miracle so why not make the trade and let some younger guys get some experience. 

#45 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,307 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:34 AM

Guess it is time to move him
D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#46 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,306 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:24 AM

There are really only two options:

a.) res-sign him at a reasonable price

b.) trade him for a first round pick today!

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

<< Win it for Mr. Hockey !

#47 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,506 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:40 AM

Who will play second line center if Z is still injured and Flip is traded? The Wings are still in a playoff position, and trading Flip without a healthy Z would be terrible.

In that case, the Wings are screwed either way. Z's absence and Filppula's inability to center his own line and produce offensively would likely put them out of playoff position. I would rather get something for Filppula now and build for the future than keep him around in a season that looks destined for a first round loss, at best, anyways.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#48 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,496 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:12 AM

So you'd rather lose Flip in the summer for nothing when he asks for 5m?

Based on the trades this week, I think he could get the Wings at most two 2nds, or a 1st and a C prospect. If that would be the return, I would rather the Wings make a run for the playoffs.

In that case, the Wings are screwed either way. Z's absence and Filppula's inability to center his own line and produce offensively would likely put them out of playoff position. I would rather get something for Filppula now and build for the future than keep him around in a season that looks destined for a first round loss, at best, anyways.

Regardless of the Wings' chances in the playoffs, seeing Holland and Co. make an extra draft pick or two this year is not enough for me to want the Wings to give up on the season.

#49 sputman

sputman

4th Line Baggage

• HoF Booster
  • 3,080 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:24 AM

Guess it is time to move him

You make a compelling argument.

Posted Image

#50 The Secret

The Secret

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:10 AM

There are really only two options:

a.) res-sign him at a reasonable price

b.) trade him for a first round pick today!

If we can get a 1st round pick I say trade him... he is not even close to being worth the 5 mill he is rumoured to be looking for. Maybe he will have his breakout finally if he gets his 5 Mill? If not he can join the "bad contract line" featuring:

J. Franzen - V. Fullapooluh - M. Samuelsson

C. Colaiacovo - K. Quincey

#51 Shaman

Shaman

Die hard Red Wing fan and realist.

• Silver Booster
  • 3,846 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:19 AM

Based on the trades this week, I think he could get the Wings at most two 2nds, or a 1st and a C prospect. If that would be the return, I would rather the Wings make a run for the playoffs.

Regardless of the Wings' chances in the playoffs, seeing Holland and Co. make an extra draft pick or two this year is not enough for me to want the Wings to give up on the season.

Because them having a mediocre playoff run is worth the team being worse in the future. Got it. 

Feuer und Wasser kommt nicht zusammen
Kann man nicht binden sind nicht verwandt
In Funken versunken steh ich in Flammen
und bin im Wasser verbrannt
Im Wasser verbrannt

#52 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,954 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:24 AM

love to see holland get a nice package back to make feaster look like a clown 

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#53 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,496 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:39 AM

Because them having a mediocre playoff run is worth the team being worse in the future. Got it. 

Them having a chance to win the cup this season, without giving up assets, is worth it to me. You might disagree, but I think any team that makes the playoffs does have a chance to win the cup.

If a second round pick (or two) and a C prospect is going to determine the future of the Wings, their future is already bad.

I wouldn't mind trading Flip, by himself or in a package, if the return was right. IMO two seconds isn't worth risking the playoffs this season.

Nyquist is listed as a C on some websites- does anyone know if he has every played C in GR?

#54 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,124 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:44 AM

We're not winning the Cup this year. I'll be amazed if we even seriously challenge for it. (Prove me wrong, Wings.)

So...if Flip wants 5, and we could get a 1st for him...trade him.

Edited by Dabura, 03 April 2013 - 09:31 AM.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#55 Danielsm

Danielsm

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:32 AM

Filppula is like a s***ty M. Koivu

#56 JPT

JPT

Rookie

• Pip
  • 117 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:59 AM

I think we've seen Flip's ceiling and he's a guy that should be playing on the 2nd or 3rd line. $5 mil per would be a lot of money for his production and hard to swallow but I wouldn't be surprised for him to get it from a number of teams including the Wings.

Only KH knows what the contract expectations are from Flip's camp but if he wants north of $4.5 per and we could swing a deal for a top 20 pick in the draft I would think Holland would have to seriously consider it. I expect him to remain with the team after the deadline though. I don't know how many teams are actually interested in him as a rental and trading him would damage whatever chances we have of making a cup run. 

#57 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,916 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:02 AM

If we can get a 1st round pick I say trade him... he is not even close to being worth the 5 mill he is rumoured to be looking for. Maybe he will have his breakout finally if he gets his 5 Mill? If not he can join the "bad contract line" featuring:

J. Franzen - V. Fullapooluh - M. Samuelsson

C. Colaiacovo - K. Quincey

show me a player earning 4 million that puts up more goals then Franzen please, and not some 20 year old kid on his first contract

#58 HIFI_canadian

HIFI_canadian

Give me some of that TATAR sauce

• Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:45 PM

As much as I am frustrated like most of you in this forum, I am grateful for a few things. After looking at most of these trades I really feel that we had nothing to give up except for Andersson, Tatar, Nyquist, Smith and Ferraro. I am glad we didn't let any of those guys go cause honestly they were slightly equal to the players most of teams gave up to get Pominville, Gaborik..etc. I am extremely happy we didn't give up the first round pick and I think Kyle Quincey proved to Holland that he should re-think before giving up his first three picks in the draft.

The asking prices for some of these players were outrageous. Jay Bouwmeester for a first was bad, Roy and Jagr was too high as well. I would of been pissed if they got one of those guys cause their on edge of their career falling apart. The one thing I truly wish holland would of done was atleast get a Steve Sullivan or even a Ryan O'Byrne. I'm tired of the "Were not looking for depth, were looking for a top SIX defenseman" well sorry Holland but THERE ARE NO TOP SIX DEFENSEMEN BECOMING UFAS THIS SUMMER! 

Sadly, I will not be purchasing a playoff ticket this year because I don't believe in the group of guys we have on this team. I feel like i'm watching a potential rebuilt team. Yet, were in 7th place and had an opportunity to become a stronger team going into the playoffs. 

We all knew this day would come and the best thing is to allow the storm to pass through and be grateful that were not a 15th seed. We couldn't sell the players we have now cause in a financial world you don't dump a team that you have on the border of making the playoffs. Not only will it create a deeper hole but the team would not make any money during the playoffs. 

Edited by HIFI_canadian, 03 April 2013 - 04:48 PM.

tomastatar.png

#59 Number19

Number19

I like our team

• PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:50 PM

Well if we were a 15th seed at least we'd be getting a Seth Jones

#60 TeachMeHowToDangle

TeachMeHowToDangle

Draftee

• 11 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:54 PM

The part I find most confusing is that we really can't "reload" via free agency this summer. Our needs are a solid #1-2 defenseman and a top-6 scorer.  Very few options will be available. Maybe it all works out. I'm not a fan of being mediocre for a few years to have a chance at being good later.  I'm glad we still have all of our prospects. Nyquist and Tatar are very good players, but the way Babcock is set on playing them on the 3rd and 4th lines just won't work. They're top-6 players. They need to play with talent to be useful.