• Please log in to reply
131 replies to this topic

#101 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:36 PM

You guys need to factor in the buyouts. We might see 1 or 2 decent players in the mix this summer. You know, decent players with insane contracts? 

I still would have liked Holland to do something. Oh well. 

#102 blgillett

blgillett

Stevie the one and only Captian

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:39 PM

Can't happen now his contract is up at the end of the season he wants 5 mill+ we either resign him or he is an UFA. He has had the potential for ever but not consistent at all. One minute he does something on the ice and he looks like Dats then he is back to average Filps. I think he is gone after this year but I've been wrong before

Can't happen now his contract is up at the end of the season he wants 5 mill+ we either resign him or he is an UFA. He has had the potential for ever but not consistent at all. One minute he does something on the ice and he looks like Dats then he is back to average Filps. I think he is gone after this year but I've been wrong before
"He was standing there like a cigar store Indian" Mickey Redmond
"Holmstrom gets more attention around the net than a pretty girl around closing time!" Mickey Redmond
IPB Image

#103 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,129 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:53 PM

I hope you're right. I'd love me some filppula for that.

He did have a breakout season last year though with .80 ppg, so if a team thinks he can do that consistently they may do offer him 4.5+

they may do indeed

#104 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,818 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:58 PM

It is to me like mentioned a two way street.

Very happy and loving the fact, that Holland didn't gut our future but I am still pissed, he didn't trade Filpulla and White. If the rumours are true and his agent is asking for 5million + annually, he will be gone this summer for nothing. His trade-price will never be as high as yesterday again so in my mind a missed opportunity to gain another first rounder in a deep draft, damnit.

O'Byrne would have been a shutdown defenseman, willing to drop the gloves not a bad pickup for the Leafs.

Why should a team give up a second, third rounder for White? Just look at the prices and some of the trades, some GMs - sadly I have to include Stevie here - are getting unbelievable desperate and it shows.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#105 b.shanafan14

b.shanafan14

One good Swede deserves another!

• Silver Booster
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 09:26 AM

I've always liked Filppula. Great potential when playing with the right players, in the right circumstances, which he proved last season, and he's always been a solid two-way player.

That said, he has really disappeared this season, partially due to injury, partially due to everyone around him disappearing for stretches. Things have not gone as planned following last season's breakout performance. From the sounds of it, Filppula's camp wants money/term indicative of last seasons production and the Wings are a ways off.

Expecting him to sign around Franzen's cap-hit without the "circumvention" of his ridiculous term is unrealistic, even with the drop in cap-space and his production. However, if the Wings lose him to free agency after refusing to trade him over the last season or so, I'm going to be pretty pissed.

#106 Motown4013

Motown4013

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 10:56 AM

I think we've seen Flip's ceiling and he's a guy that should be playing on the 2nd or 3rd line. $5 mil per would be a lot of money for his production and hard to swallow but I wouldn't be surprised for him to get it from a number of teams including the Wings.

Only KH knows what the contract expectations are from Flip's camp but if he wants north of $4.5 per and we could swing a deal for a top 20 pick in the draft I would think Holland would have to seriously consider it. I expect him to remain with the team after the deadline though. I don't know how many teams are actually interested in him as a rental and trading him would damage whatever chances we have of making a cup run. 

I doubt that. I thnk MANY teams are interested in Flip for what he brings on both sides of the puck.

Wouldnt pay the money? Well, take a look...

Its hard to really gauge what Flip is worth. Is he better than David legwand (4.5 mil)

Better than RJ Umberger (4.6 million) ...well, I would say yes.

PA Parentau makes 4 million as does Drew Stafford. i think he is worth 4.5.

F3ck....if Sammy makes 3 million (barf) Fil should get 4.2-4.6

Edited by Motown4013, 04 April 2013 - 10:57 AM.

Raising another Red Wings Fan!

The future looks bright in Hockeytown!
GUSTAV SNIPEQUIST!

#107 HIFI_canadian

HIFI_canadian

Give me some of that TATAR sauce

• Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:12 PM

All this talk of Flipps being traded is outrageous. Why would Ken Holland let go of players for nothing when you are 7th in the Western Conference? We are a buyer, not a seller. I get it, we are in jeopardy of losing Flippula for nothing this offseason however like I said before, you cannot afford to be seller when you have a chance at making money in the postseason. You lose more money when you don't make the playoffs. 

Ian White trade would be awesome, again.. I don't see any team reaching for him.

tomastatar.png

#108 Aznknight

Aznknight

Rookie

• Pip
  • 192 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 06:36 PM

Why don't we trade him for Nathan Horton? Bos next year will have to resign him and he will get a considerable raise...Bos will only have 8m to resign everyone and fill jagr's role should they wish to dump him...fil is attractive in a sense that he's fast and is versatile. He can play any position and is defensively responsible. Add a third round pick (do we still have it i cant remember im sorry) to make it attractive.

Horton fills our physical needs and power forward role. Just a thought. Just straight up swap (like my wife said).

Edited by Aznknight, 04 April 2013 - 06:37 PM.

#109 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,422 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 07:11 PM

Why don't we trade him for Nathan Horton? Bos next year will have to resign him and he will get a considerable raise...Bos will only have 8m to resign everyone and fill jagr's role should they wish to dump him...fil is attractive in a sense that he's fast and is versatile. He can play any position and is defensively responsible. Add a third round pick (do we still have it i cant remember im sorry) to make it attractive.

Horton fills our physical needs and power forward role. Just a thought. Just straight up swap (like my wife said).

AFAIK Horton doesn't play center. With Dats and Z as the Wings only top-6 centers, the Wings need to have someone that can fill in when either are injured.

Horton hasn't been much of a power forward since his concussion. I don't think he should be a target for the Wings.

Edited by WorkingOvertime, 04 April 2013 - 07:11 PM.

#110 Aznknight

Aznknight

Rookie

• Pip
  • 192 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 07:19 PM

Let's give them the mule then. Package him with cleary and a mid level prospect. It worked in nhl 13 :D!

#111 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,263 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 07:35 PM

They let Hudler walk....
D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#112 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 07:37 PM

They let Hudler walk....

We had some semblance of winger depth with Tatar/Nyquist, our center depth is pretty barren Sheahan/Ferraro/Andersson don't really project top 6, or are a ways out. And Jarnkrok is going to need some time to become a complete player to replace Filppula.

#113 Aznknight

Aznknight

Rookie

• Pip
  • 192 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 07:45 PM

Huds has more pts than fil and franzen

#114 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,263 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 07:46 PM

Exactly, they let him walk because of money and now look
D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#115 Aznknight

Aznknight

Rookie

• Pip
  • 192 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 08:03 PM

I trust in kenny though so im sure he has something up his sleeve. A medical practitioner trade perhaps. Get em all healthy!
Hire Richard simmons as a franzen personal trainer....watch franzen explode to 60 goals cuz he doesnt wanna train with him anymore

#116 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,240 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 08:36 PM

Fil's not exactly going into negotiations in a position of strength right now. His dismal numbers this season aren't going to help. The "breakout" year has seen him fall back to more typical offensive production again.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#117 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,561 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 08:51 PM

I believe fil will be back.

#118 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,047 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:51 AM

I wonder if they'll be able to trade his rights on draft day to move up in the 1st round?  Our 1st + Flip for, say, Edmontons 1st?  Get to move up ~ 10 places in the draft.

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#119 Tr!PoD#19

Tr!PoD#19

Troll

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,337 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 10:47 AM

He's also played more games and more minutes than them I assume, on a garbage team as well

Edited by Tr!PoD#19, 07 April 2013 - 10:49 AM.

#120 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 10:57 AM

Fil's not exactly going into negotiations in a position of strength right now. His dismal numbers this season aren't going to help. The "breakout" year has seen him fall back to more typical offensive production again.

I think that the contract issue is effecting his play. He doesn't seem to be playing with the same level of enthusiasm he usually does, he barely even celebrated his goal a few nights ago. If not the contract, then it's something else.

That said, I think he'll be back for 4-4.5 mil.

Edited by Z and D for the C, 07 April 2013 - 10:58 AM.

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!