• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#21 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,799 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:29 PM

I still think we could add a JBo or Yandle to this team tonight. A dman (likely Quincey) would go back as part of the deal. We have too many bottom pairing guys at this point. It wouldn't be an "all in" move but a good move for the future.

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#22 gowings00

gowings00

No Talent Goon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,827 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:30 PM

Yandle and Jagr and then we're done. Make it happen, Holland!

#23 Playmaker

Playmaker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:33 PM

Quincey is likely out for most of the rest of the season.  So he doesn't figure into the mix for now.

It will be difficult to trade Colo since he hasn't played and had a history of injuries.  Kent Huskins has no value and I felt like he's played well when given the opportunity and he's dirt cheap and knows he was brought in as a depth guy.  Ian White seems to be the one who has some value unless the Wings are looking to make a significant trade and including a younger guy.  Its tough though, because other teams know the Wings pretty much have to get rid of someone, so it will be tough to get a good deal.

#24 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,268 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:36 PM

I really don't see how flip thinks he can garner 5mill per on the open market. he has 13 points this season and has hit 60 once. He will re-sign for around 4mill per. Also Calgary isn't looking for a rental.

http://www.mlive.com...e_valtteri.html
"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#25 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,799 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:39 PM

http://www.mlive.com...e_valtteri.html

I know. I saw this. But I think he will see that he is overvaluing himself right now and will sign for less eventually. 

#26 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,799 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:49 PM

honestly I'm going to be pretty bummed if Holland doesn't move a piece at least for a pick. We are in a great position to deal with a large number of suitors in the West who have seen our talent as we will move to the East next year. 

#27 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,268 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:50 PM

I know. I saw this. But I think he will see that he is overvaluing himself right now and will sign for less eventually. 

There is a risk of losing him this summer... I would rather have something for Flip than losing him for nothing
"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#28 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,799 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:51 PM

There is a risk of losing him this summer... I would rather have something for Flip than losing him for nothing

I get that. At least a first rounder judging by the Murray deal. 

#29 Jesusberg

Jesusberg

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:55 PM

I'm all for moving Cleary, but I don't really want Ebola popcorn.

As far as White/Cola/etc are concerned, I'd like them to move White for a pick, waive Huskins, and let whoever out of Lashoff and DeKeyser stick with the big club. Whoever out of the two does can rotate in and out of the line-up with Cola.

Kronwall-Ericsson
Smith-Quincey
Kindl-Cola/DeKeyser

Edit: Just to add to this, just read this on Twitter:

"According to Mike Babcock, via @HeleneStJames's piece, Dan DeKeyser will be with the team for the rest of the season, and not sent down."

So something's got to give.

Edited by Jesusberg, 29 March 2013 - 05:02 PM.

#30 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,799 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:48 PM

"According to Mike Babcock, via @HeleneStJames's piece, Dan DeKeyser will be with the team for the rest of the season, and not sent down."

yessssssss

#31 derblaueClaus

derblaueClaus

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:40 PM

I'm all for moving Cleary, but I don't really want Ebola popcorn.

As far as White/Cola/etc are concerned, I'd like them to move White for a pick, waive Huskins, and let whoever out of Lashoff and DeKeyser stick with the big club. Whoever out of the two does can rotate in and out of the line-up with Cola.

Kronwall-Ericsson
Smith-Quincey
Kindl-Cola/DeKeyser

Edit: Just to add to this, just read this on Twitter:

Then it seems there is already something going on. Can't believe they would sent down Cola or White or Quincy and risk to lose them for nothing on waivers. Don't know which one I would trade as we still don't know exactly how Cola would fit in here but if I had to pick one it would be White. He has a good shot for sure but he does struggle to create plays and feeding our offense. And that's our major problem in my opinion right now. 

"I'd have my **** out if I scored four goals. Id have my **** out, stroking it." - "Jumbo" Joe Thornton

Monsterblue.jpg

Thanks MabusIncarnate

#32 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,799 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:53 PM

Huskins would likely make waivers but I think White is the top candidate unless people want to pay full price on Quincey. From what I hear the NYR need a PM dman RH shot. White is low risk on the last year of the contract. I'd love to get a 3-5round pick for him.

#33 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,799 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:20 PM

Don't think we need Jimmy getting a concussion from this guy:

#34 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:32 PM

trade ian white to boston for a 3rd round pick then ship off that 3rd round pick along with another pick for ryan clowe

#35 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,949 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:34 PM

The roster expands in a couple of days. Cola is on a rehab in GR and Q is on IR. So we have 8 Dmen on the team. Not a big issue. Now if I could move White for a pick I would. in the off season spin Q off for a F or more picks. The idea of this D is just fine with me:

Kronwall-E

Smith-Kindl

lashoff-Dekeyser

Huskins (cheap vet to help coach the kids and play once per week or so).

#36 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:46 PM

Holland has had all week to set this deal up, whatever it is. I bet the JBo talk is real, I just worry what will be sent.

Question....is Huskins worth anything, alone or part of a package?

#37 DetroitRedWings1993

DetroitRedWings1993

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:21 PM

I don't think we should be chasing a declining Bouwmeester who has a massive cap hit.  Nor a defensively-terribad Keith Yandle.  In fact, stop talking about defensemen altogether.

There aren't any top-tier, two-way defenseman who can solidify the top pairing available.

Go after a scoring forward.  Forget about this Clowe nonsense, as San Jose would never deal with us and he's mired in a horrendous slump.  Find a way to make a deal for a scorer.  This team won't survive unless the offense finds some consistency.

The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring is rated PG-13 for epic battle sequences.

#38 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:51 PM

trade ian white to boston for a 3rd round pick then ship off that 3rd round pick along with another pick for ryan clowe

Ryane Clowe is this year's Scott Gomez (in terms of not scoring) to Sharks fans this season. His play has been dreadful. 

#39 DSM

DSM

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:01 PM

I think Holland will probably stand pat until Wednesday. The 23 man roster limit gets lifted in right around 96 hours (12:01AM on trade deadline day). If he has to, he can re-assign Nyquist and Lashoff for a couple of games since Samuelsson and Colaiacovo are ready to play, Then, he can bring them up on Wednesday and he won't have to risk losing anyone. There's also the possibilty that Franzen gets put on IR with this latest injury.

Edited by DSM, 29 March 2013 - 11:05 PM.

#40 luvmnger

luvmnger

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:04 PM

flip + white + 2nd. for burmistrov + hainsey

mursak + emmerton for fleishmann + 4th.

q + bert are done for regular season...cola to GR for conditioning...huskins to GR or waiver until playoffs when everybody can get hurt...again.

hahahaha....Q+bert.....thats funny. if your over 35.

sammy & helm join later

Dino Ciccarelli will always be #1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users