• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Serratoni

Wings sign D Dan DeKeyser to 2-year deal

Rate this topic

Can't wait for the first "Trade DeKeyser" thread.

Glad we got him, now let's see him develop into a solid NHL defenseman over the next few years. As of yet, he has still not played a single professional game.

Haha! Yeah we've seen those movies here before on LGW. Kronwall had a few; Ericsson had a whole series. Etc.

Not sure of the truth of this but I have read in a couple of places that the news was delayed because DeKeyser asked permission to personally call the other teams who showed interest and let them know he was going with the Wings. Maybe not the prima donna move that some here were claiming (this is not directed at you Dom) and a very classy and respectable move instead.

Don't go expecting him to get top ice time out of the gate...

Holland said DeKeyser will be at practice Saturday, but he won't play Sunday when the Wings host the Blackhawks, or Monday against the Avalanche.

"He needs to practice," Holland said. "I would say that at the pro level, he's a defensive defenseman. He's got to get stronger.

"He'll be with us the rest of the regular season. When he plays is up to Mike Babcock, but we're not holding tryouts. We're trying to make the playoffs. Danny understands that we're in a playoff race."

http://www.freep.com/article/20130329/SPORTS05/130329087/detroit-red-wings-danny-dekeyser

What a stupid decision. I would prefer to dump Huskins and have him wear #3. 65 is just so meh.

It's just a number....why so serious?

Not sure of the truth of this but I have read in a couple of places that the news was delayed because DeKeyser asked permission to personally call the other teams who showed interest and let them know he was going with the Wings. Maybe not the prima donna move that some here were claiming (this is not directed at you Dom) and a very classy and respectable move instead.

Very good, if true. I had no problem waiting and think it's ridiculous that people make such a big deal out of the guy making a decision at his own damn pace, considering it's his own damn decision. Twitter is an interesting and important conceptual platform, but it has it's downsides too. People in general could always stand to be a little more patient and respectful ultimately.

Guest esmeralda575

ok.. now its time to sign about 6 young, perfect Russian forwards then we can win the Stanley cup. With the forwards we have now, we will never win anything. Time to get rid of Cleary, Miller, Bertuzzi, etc. Lets go WINGS !!! :bye1:

Very excited to see if this guy can actually step right into the league and be effective. We really need a guy that plays a simple, smart defensive game, clears the zone etc. and I hope he can be that. But it's a tough time for him to enter the team. He won't get a long leash considering we have so many other D and most of them are doing pretty well at the moment.

Future keeps looking brighter though. In 2-3 years we could be absolutely stacked on D.

He's not playing Sunday or Monday. Probably the best decision--but from a fan standpoint, I really can't wait to see him in game action.

Holland said DeKeyser will be at practice Saturday, but he won't play Sunday when the Wings host the Blackhawks, or Monday against the Avalanche.

"He needs to practice," Holland said. "I would say that at the pro level, he's a defensive defenseman. He's got to get stronger. "He'll be with us the rest of the regular season. When he plays is up to Mike Babcock, but we're not holding tryouts. We're trying to make the playoffs. Danny understands that we're in a playoff race."

http://www.freep.com/article/20130329/SPORTS05/130329087/detroit-red-wings-danny-dekeyser

Holland sucks!!! We're no longer a tempting destination for free agentsssssssss, aahhhhhhhhh.....ooh, er, hang on minute

Well, it did kinda help that he was FROM Michigan. If he wasn't, I'm too sure he signs here. But who knows...

Good signing nonetheless.