• Please log in to reply
143 replies to this topic

#141 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,516 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 12:59 PM

Just realized something.  DeKeyser was signed to a 2 year deal, but aren't Entry Level Contracts 3 years?

Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#142 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 01:02 PM

Just realized something.  DeKeyser was signed to a 2 year deal, but aren't Entry Level Contracts 3 years?

I believe they max out at 3 years. Correct me if i'm wrong, but I had thought age could play in ELC's, and due to DeKeyser being 23 when he signed his, his may be maxed at 2?

Did some research and yes, that is correct:

Players between the ages of 18 and 21 must sign "entry-level" contracts for their first three NHL seasons. Those aged 22-23 are entry-level players for two years, those aged 24 for a single year.

Edited by evilzyme, 01 April 2013 - 01:03 PM.

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#143 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,185 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 01:03 PM

I wondered the same thing when he signed.  Maybe 2 year ones can be given to guys over 20. Probably to do with him being 23.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

#144 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,516 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 01:03 PM

You are probably right.  I've just always seen 3 year ELC's so I thought maybe it was required or something.

Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.