• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Andy Pred 48

Top 6 fwd next?

Rate this topic

So with 10 D now signed does Kenny still try and grab a top 2 D or will he now try and get that forward to make a push in the playoffs?

I like the way we seem to be going with the young D corps that could get younger next year, should Kenny follow suit and target a young top 6 forward to grow with the roster or will he go for an established vet up front? Long term then i wouldnt mind him going for a young gun as i dont fell adding a vet/stud up front would make us any more capable of winning stanley than if we stood pat.

Ive read on the 4th period site that Kenny is still looking for a top 6 and a depth fwd as well as a top D. Looking at the situ he does have the pieces to pull off a deal but i doubt 3 of them.Would we lose too much in doing so. I really feel that Flip is in play along with White and maybe some of the prospects that we wouldnt want to trade. So could he make us better than what we have now?

I hope im wrong but i get a feeling that Bert may be done and if so targeting a similar type player is a must. We are getting bigger on the back end but sure could do with having a couple more bigger bodies up front. The cost for one of these would be high so maybe trying to get a so called Kenny project type player would be a cheaper option but not necessarily a guarantee fix. Ryan Clowe's production has dropped off this year and maybe a change of scenery would benefit him and San Jose.

Or how about a Kenny special and bring back Shawn Matthias? The guy is having a great year is a big body and is the only player with a + rating on a poor Panthers team.

Either way i think Kenny will pull off a deal and hopefully one with the long term Wings in mind more than the short term gain.

D, either Zach Bogosian or Cody Franson both young and RH shots to fit in with hopefully the youth movement Kenny is creating.

Fwd's, Blake Wheeler or Chris Stewart ( I know pipe dream)

Reclaim project that could be a steal from the Flames, Akim Aliu big kid with attitude but needs kick up the ass to get his game in line.Could be the heavy weight agitator we lack at present. Toots is a middleweight when all said and done.

Guest Johnz96

I think a rental makes the most sense. It's going to be near impossible to land the perfect forward, so he will probably aim for a veteran scorer.

We need a power forward in the top 6. We have lots of skill but we get pushed around and to the perimeters.

If we can't get a power forward I would try to move some of the redundant pieces and go with what we got and try to get one in the off-season.

Well, if we're looking at this thing in the long-term.... and I hope we are looking beyond this year with whatever move/s we make. I think we try and piece together a package of d-men/prospect/pick for a top 6 forward:

- Gaborik

- Vanek

- Hemsky

- Pominville

- Clowe

That's just to name a few I can think of that have been discussed as trade targets by April 3rd. I think Gaborik would look nice on Datsyuk's wing, but if not him, I'd like Hemsky or Pominville (both need a change of scenery).

2013-2014 Forward Lines

Franzen - Datsyuk - Gaborik

Nyquist - Zetterberg - Brunner

Bertuzzi - Helm - Samuelsson

Miller - Abdelkader - Tootoo

Emmerton

In an ideal world, I would like to see Samuelsson, Abdelkader, and Emmerton go bye bye and go with this:

Franzen - Datsyuk - Gaborik

Nyquist - Zetterberg - Brunner

Tatar - Helm - Bertuzzi

Miller - Andersson - Tootoo

Eaves

Our defense could go two different routes.... first is that you would keep it as is and let the kids grow together with Kronwall and Ericsson anchoring things or second you make that move for a top pairing d-man:

- Bouwmeester

- Yandle

- Boyle

- Streit

Again, just the ones that should be available off the top of my head. JBo is a hot topic around here, but I think he'd do well here alongside Kronwall, although so would Yandle and could potentially offer up more offense. I'm not entirely sure he's great defensively, though.

Kronwall - Bouwmeester

Ericsson - Smith

Quincey - Kindl

Lashoff

or

Kronwall - Smith

Ericsson - Kindl

Quincey - Dekeyser

Lashoff

I would almost like to see the second option and concentrate on boosting our offense through trade/s and or free agent signings/buyouts.

Need a scorer. That is this team's most pressing need.

They have been lacking a true, consistent scorer since Hossa left. Franzen is what he is.

WE....NEED....A.....SCORER.

I want them to buyout Samuelsson... fill his spot with Clarkson... so Bertuzzi - Helm - Clarkson.

I want them to trade for Gaborik, Vanek to fill the first or second line RW spot (scorer).

Franzen - Datsyuk - Gaborik/Vanek

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER

My Custom Lineup

FORWARDS

Gustav Nyquist ($0.900m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Nathan Horton ($4.000m)

Johan Franzen ($3.955m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Damien Brunner ($1.350m)

Todd Bertuzzi ($2.075m) / Darren Helm ($2.125m) / David Clarkson ($3.250m)

Justin Abdelkader ($1.800m) / Joakim Andersson ($0.925m) / Jordin Tootoo ($1.900m)

Patrick Eaves ($1.200m) /

DEFENSEMEN

Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m) / Ron Hainsey ($4.500m)

Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m) / Brendan Smith ($1.000m)

Kyle Quincey ($3.775m) / Brian Lashoff ($0.725m)

Carlo Colaiacovo ($2.500m) /

GOALTENDERS

Jimmy Howard ($4.000m)

Jonas Gustavsson ($1.500m)

OTHER

Buyout: Mikael Samuelsson ($0.000m)

------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $62,262,879; BONUSES: $0

CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $2,037,121

I'm bored, but I would LOVE to see something like that for next year and it would keep us under the cap! Substitute Hainsey for any other comparable top pairing d-man.

I want them to buyout Samuelsson... fill his spot with Clarkson... so Bertuzzi - Helm - Clarkson.

I want them to trade for Gaborik, Vanek to fill the first or second line RW spot (scorer).

Yes.

I don't care how or when, but we need someone who can put that damn puck into that damn net.

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER

My Custom Lineup

FORWARDS

Gustav Nyquist ($0.900m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Nathan Horton ($4.000m)

Johan Franzen ($3.955m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Damien Brunner ($1.350m)

Todd Bertuzzi ($2.075m) / Darren Helm ($2.125m) / David Clarkson ($3.250m)

Justin Abdelkader ($1.800m) / Joakim Andersson ($0.925m) / Jordin Tootoo ($1.900m)

Patrick Eaves ($1.200m) /

DEFENSEMEN

Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m) / Ron Hainsey ($4.500m)

Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m) / Brendan Smith ($1.000m)

Kyle Quincey ($3.775m) / Brian Lashoff ($0.725m)

Carlo Colaiacovo ($2.500m) /

GOALTENDERS

Jimmy Howard ($4.000m)

Jonas Gustavsson ($1.500m)

OTHER

Buyout: Mikael Samuelsson ($0.000m)

------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $62,262,879; BONUSES: $0

CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $2,037,121

I'm bored, but I would LOVE to see something like that for next year and it would keep us under the cap! Substitute Hainsey for any other comparable top pairing d-man.

I guess we traded DeKeyser ?

Count me in trying to grab Gaborik or Vanek. That would instantly make our top 6 great.

I actually think with the addition of Danny D our defense has the tools to become a very good under the radar unit.

I personally don't think we need to explore a trade for J-Bo or Yandle.

We have scoring forwards in Tatar and Nyquist... But they need to play top six minutes and not bottom six.

Problem is that we need a bigger wingers who are going to play in the corners and provide some space for Dats/Z/Brunner/Nyquist/Tatar...

Tatar/Nyquist - Dats - Clarkson

Clowe - Z - Brunner

Bertuzzi - Helm - Tatar/Nyquist

Kronwall - E

Smith - McQuaid

Deke - Kindl

Lashoff

We have scoring forwards in Tatar and Nyquist... But they need to play top six minutes and not bottom six.

Problem is that we need a bigger wingers who are going to play in the corners and provide some space for Dats/Z/Brunner/Nyquist/Tatar...

Tatar/Nyquist - Dats - Clarkson

Clowe - Z - Brunner

Bertuzzi - Helm - Tatar/Nyquist

Kronwall - E

Smith - McQuaid

Deke - Kindl

Lashoff

Love that lineup!!

Nyquist is not a scoring forward. Too small and more of a playmaker. We have too many passers and not enough finishers. Zetterberg has lost his ability to score. I don't know where it went, but it's gone and it's probably never coming back. Tatar cooled off at both ends of the ice fairly quickly. I was really disappointed with how heavily he tailed off. Neither he nor Nyquist have impressed me a great deal to this point.

Out of the two between Gaborik and Vanek, if we were to pursue them, I would go after Vanek. Far more consistent than Gaborik, not as much of an injury concern, and is having a MUCH better year currently. Also a lesser cap hit, but not by much. Vanek makes 6.4 this year and next, Gabby makes 7.5 for the same term.

Stop talking about defensemen. Just stop. If we're serious about letting the kids grow into their roles, then we should NOT be shopping around for a defenseman. You want to let the kids grow? Then actually let them grow. Bouwmeester is terrible and makes WAY too much money. Yandle is awful in his own end. We have enough of that (Kronwall, Quincey, Ericsson).

We need some type of scoring forward at the deadline. We have literally NO ONE who can put the puck in the net consistently. To quote unsaddleddonald, Franzen is what he is. And what he is, is inconsistent, soft, and totally devoid of heart and effort. The odd goal now and then doesn't change that.

Edited by DetroitRedWings1993

Buffalo's given up on just about everything. Pominville's been made available. Drew Stafford and most of their defensemen are available. They need a rebuild.

Rebuild from what? Their rebuilding started years ago when they let go of Drury and Briere. They had the best offense in the league for several years there.

I don't see how moving the above players and getting a Filppula is going to start some rebuilding process.

Also, I used to want Clowe, but he hasn't scored a goal this year. Sure he'd create more room, but he's not a finisher. The good news is that he should be easy to acquire and San Jose shouldn't be reluctant to let him go.

Why would Buffalo move Vanek, who leads their team in scoring?

Have they already given up on the playoffs?

They've been teetering for a while now. Some think that they will look to blow it up and Darcy Reiger seems to be on his way out.

And again with Franzen, he has the ability, but he doesn't have the drive to score 40. He'll get you 20-30, but we need a 40 goal man. (Dead horse)

I'd love Ryan O'Reilly...I think there are still hard feelings in Colorado from the start of this season. Especially given that next year we'll be playing Colorado a lot less, they should be a little more willing to deal with us.

Not that I think it will happen, but that would be amazing and it's somewhat realistic.

Edited by Zetts

Guest Crymson

Rebuild from what? Their rebuilding started years ago when they let go of Drury and Briere. They had the best offense in the league for several years there.

They had the best offense in the league for a single season, and letting go of Drury and Briere to keep Vanek was less of a rebuild than it was a series of terrible decisions by Regier. Allowing Drury to walk was the right decision, but doing the same with Briere and keeping Vanek rather than taking four lottery picks from Edmonton was a mistake for which Sabres fans will vilify Regier for a long time.

I'd love Ryan O'Reilly...I think there are still hard feelings in Colorado from the start of this season. Especially given that next year we'll be playing Colorado a lot less, they should be a little more willing to deal with us.

Not that I think it will happen, but that would be amazing and it's somewhat realistic.

They can't move O'Reilly within one calendar year from when he signed, If I recall correctly.

They can't move O'Reilly within one calendar year from when he signed, If I recall correctly.

This is correct.

Also, TheFourthPeriod.com is reporting that Holland has been "very" active on the phones and he's seeking a top pairing d-man, a top six winger, and a depth forward.

Take that for what it's worth.

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/det130329a.html

Edited by kipwinger