• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Nyquistfan14

23 man roster question?

Rate this topic

Hey guys was just thinking today and thought that I recently heard that after the trade deadline (Wednesday) that the roster limit rule is no longer and we can have whoever we want up. Was just clarifying If this is true.

Because if it I think it could be huge for us. Think about it holland didn't wanna lose any of our bottom six guys due to the shortened season knowing we would have injuries.

This could be a reason why he left Gus and Tatar in the minors for the most part. Now that there is no limit he can bring those two up and doesn't lose any bottom six forwards to the waiver wire.

This allows babs to healthy scratch some guys, knowing that it probably doesn't matter cause most are free agents this offseason and won't be coming back. I hope this is the reason that's and nyquist haven't been up full time

Edited by Flipper51

Correct, the roster limit is lifter after the trade deadline.

23-man Roster
There may be a maximum of 23 players on each Club's playing roster at any one time from the commencement of the NHL regular season through the trade deadline. Prior to the start of the season, each Club must submit to the NHL its "Opening Day Playing Roster" which shall be comprised of not more than 23 players. Each Club must have a roster of at least 20 players, composed of 18 skaters and two goaltenders. Players on Injured Reserve do not count in the 23-man limit.

Link:
http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=26377

23-man Roster

There may be a maximum of 23 players on each Club's playing roster at any one time from the commencement of the NHL regular season through the trade deadline. Prior to the start of the season, each Club must submit to the NHL its "Opening Day Playing Roster" which shall be comprised of not more than 23 players. Each Club must have a roster of at least 20 players, composed of 18 skaters and two goaltenders. Players on Injured Reserve do not count in the 23-man limit.

Link: http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=26377

Thanks for clearing that up for me

This is exactly why I'm looking forward to the last stretch of the regular season. Now if the 2nd line isn't producing, Babs can throw in different guys every game if he chooses to do so.

A top six of:

Zetterberg - Datysuk - Franzen

Tatar/Nyquist - Filppula - Brunner

or some combination of that. Looks pretty good to me.

This is exactly why I'm looking forward to the last stretch of the regular season. Now if the 2nd line isn't producing, Babs can throw in different guys every game if he chooses to do so.

A top six of:

Zetterberg - Datysuk - Franzen

Tatar/Nyquist - Filppula - Brunner

or some combination of that. Looks pretty good to me.

Yes I hope holland is thinking this and those guys are up full time. How bout a top 9 like this.

Fil- datsyuk- stafford

Franzen- Z- Brunner

Tatar- helm-nyquist

Not much use, though, of calling up alot of the GR kids while their season is still going on. Even though the Wings can load up the roster, it would still be best to let the kids play every game in GR, instead of rotate in-&-out on a nightly basis in Detroit.

If the Wings are still playing when the Griff's season is over, then call them up and load up the roster. Until then, let them play as much as they can.

Great... Now I want In-&-Out Burger...

23-man Roster

Link: http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=26377

Actually, it expires at 12:01AM on deadline day, which is before the deadline.

Yes I hope holland is thinking this and those guys are up full time. How bout a top 9 like this.

Fil- datsyuk- stafford

Franzen- Z- Brunner

Tatar- helm-nyquist

while were at it lets make our top 9 this

Malkin-Datsyuk-Ovechkin

Crosby-Zetterberg-Hossa

Stamkos-Toews-Getzlaf

Why do we always have to put guys in our "projected lineups" that are not on our team and we probably won't even trade for?

while were at it lets make our top 9 this

Malkin-Datsyuk-Ovechkin

Crosby-Zetterberg-Hossa

Stamkos-Toews-Getzlaf

Why do we always have to put guys in our "projected lineups" that are not on our team and we probably won't even trade for?

Sorry man thought a guy like stafford is kinda gonna be what we target. I don't see how he's not realistic considering he is known to be on the block and plays for what looks to be a rebuilding buffalo team. Ill fix it.

Fil-datsyuk- top6 forward aquired

Franzen- Z- brunner

Tatar- helm- nyquist

Sorry man thought a guy like stafford is kinda gonna be what we target. I don't see how he's not realistic considering he is known to be on the block and plays for what looks to be a rebuilding buffalo team. Ill fix it.

Franzen- Z- brunner

Tatar- helm- nyquist

ya, but you have to admit, my top 9 is better ;)

Guest DeGraa55

Franzen- Z- brunner

Tatar- helm- nyquist

Biggest thing is fil needs to be a center...

I like

-dats-abby(dats request)

Nyquist-z-franzen

Brunner-fil-

Tater-helm when healthy Anderson for now-tootoo

Then for the last two wingers you pick your poison. Top to bottom this is the best our team can be. The last two wingers also should be two guys we acquire. The rest of the trash truly shouldn't be on this team...eaves, miller, Sammy, and Bert being injured. Let me know if I'm forgetting anyone.

Edited by DeGraa55