• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
nyqvististhefuture

Crosby left the game after puck to the face

Rate this topic

Classy.

In any event, the Pens are really flying high right now. It'll be interesting to see how they can respond without their top player. It will also be interesting to see if he even misses any time. I wasn't watching the game so I didn't see how serious the injury was.

First of all, I hope Crosby is not seriously injured. Secondly you should not mock someone and laugh at them for being injured even if you do not like them, it is disrespectful and rude. That being said, I REALLY don't like crosby,a nd I could care less if he ever plays again, but I honestly feel bad for the guy, he seems to be todays Mario Lemieux

Sounds like they took him straight to the hospital to be checked out/worked on. They're saying dental work is highly likely.

Can't stand the kid, and his attitude, but getting nailed in the face with a puck isn't something I would laugh at. I know I would have hated if people laughed when Yzerman took a puck to the eye, so I don't want to laugh when their captain took one to the teeth.

I'm not a Crosby fan by any means, even though i do like the Pens, but that sucks for them. Iginla might be bringing bad luck to the team. Sometimes in sports super teams are the ones that fail more than underdogs. And some were calling this the super team to beat. I'm sure Crosby will be fine though, might just have to wear a protective mask.

The concern is whether or not a slapshot to the mouth could cause any recurring concussion symptoms. Hopefully they're just being cautious. The Penguins have enough of a lead in the East that they don't have to rush him back.

Could have broken his jaw. If he was taken to the hospital, I'm guessing that's the nature of the injury.

Does this mean he'll be even uglier?

esteef

I'd still hit it.

Ugh, this sucks man. Hopefully it's not a broken jaw, and just a messed up row of teeth. This guy is so awesome to watch, and I want him healthy in the finals so Zetterberg can shut him down again.

Guest Johnz96

Sounds like they took him straight to the hospital to be checked out/worked on. They're saying dental work is highly likely.

Can't stand the kid, and his attitude, but getting nailed in the face with a puck isn't something I would laugh at. I know I would have hated if people laughed when Yzerman took a puck to the eye, so I don't want to laugh when their captain took one to the teeth.

I agree that it is very childish to laugh at him for that but no one would laugh at Yzerman, he is a classy individual not a douchebag like Crosby

Edited by Johnz96

Edited the thread title to be less obnoxious.

I understand not liking Crosby, but celebrating that he got hit in the face with the puck is lame.

ive seen plenty of other people come here and laugh at redwings injuries and stuff ...i respect your opinion any other peoples here if they think im wrong but i wont apologize for hating crosby and being happy he got hurt sorry if it offends people but its my right to hate

ive seen plenty of other people come here and laugh at redwings injuries and stuff ...i respect your opinion any other peoples here if they think im wrong but i wont apologize for hating crosby and being happy he got hurt sorry if it offends people but its my right to hate

ya it is your right to stoop to the level of others, like trashville, or san jose, or minnesota, or anaheim fans. The rest of us will stay somewhat respectable, seeing as red wings fans are known to be respectful, and classy, compared to most other teams fans

Please do not attempt to turn this into Crosby v. Yzerman. Discuss the injury and potential repercussions, not his ability, attitude, etc.

Thanks.

But Terry Sawchuck slashed a guy when the ref wasn't looking once, and Gordie howe was kind of dirty, and let's not forget nick lidstrom, dirty play he made retiring and all...

nyqvististhefuture, on 30 Mar 2013 - 12:05, said:

nyqvististhefuture, on 30 Mar 2013 - 12:05, said:

First of all, I can't think of a time when plenty of people came here to laugh at injured Red Wings players. Especially if they were from another team, they wouldn't last long.

Regardless, you're certainly entitled to your opinion, but the tone of the thread title was more likely to steer the thread in a non-productive direction so i just removed the end. Within it, people can talk about whatever they want as long as it's relevant to the topic.

(And in the interest of not derailing the thread any further, if anyone wants to discuss my editing the title, feel free to PM me)

Guest Playmaker

I don't like Crosby mainly because he plays for an opposing team, as with most players who go against the Wings. But how you can not respect the guy? He's a hell of a player. I hear all the talk about his attitude and his lack of class, but to be completely honest, I don't see it. He's never been in any trouble, he seems to conduct himself in a respectful manner and he's well spoken and articulate and seems to be respectful of the fans and the media. The NHL is a better league with him in it.

First of all, I can't think of a time when plenty of people came here to laugh at injured Red Wings players. Especially if they were from another team, they wouldn't last long.

Regardless, you're certainly entitled to your opinion, but the tone of the thread title was more likely to steer the thread in a non-productive direction so i just removed the end. Within it, people can talk about whatever they want as long as it's relevant to the topic.

(And in the interest of not derailing the thread any further, if anyone wants to discuss my editing the title, feel free to PM me)

off the top of my head .... seen some fans of other teams for instance as well as pens fans coming on the boards when we were struggling earlier this season laughing at the redwings and how we were over and having a good old time

off the top of my head .... seen some fans of other teams for instance as well as pens fans coming on the boards when we were struggling earlier this season laughing at the redwings and how we were over and having a good old time

Doesn't mean we have to stoop to that level. Don't forget, not all Penguins fans are like that. Some choose to be fans that simply cheer for their team in the same way that we do for the Red Wings. You are deciding to be the type of Red Wings fan that goes out of the way to piss of fans of other teams the same way that those Penguins fans you described were doing... why stoop to their level?

Furthermore, wishing a guy like Crosby to be hurt or to be glad he is hurt, is like a fan from another team being happy if say Pavel or Hank were to get injured and I don't think many of us on here would appreciate that. Maybe you should just enjoy the game.