• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
nyqvististhefuture

Crosby left the game after puck to the face

Rate this topic

Because this forum is about talking about the NHL in general.

And the leading scorer in the league, and currently best player of the past 20 years just got hit in the face with a 90 mile per hour slap shot.

Don't really have to read the thread if it doesn't interest you.

Ah yes, more incorrect number stroking. He's not the leading "scorer" in the league, Stamkos is, unless you can win games with assists. Are you his mom or something?

esteef

Sucks to see a guy get hurt, even though I don't care for him as a player.

But more importantly....where the hell was that shot headed? That wasn't even close to being on target, unless Crosby door dinged that guy's Porsche in the parking deck.

Guest DeGraa55

I don't like Crosby and would never wish this on anyone. But its hockey people get hit in the face all the time. And he had to leave the game? A lot of guys are right back out there...

Ah yes, more incorrect number stroking. He's not the leading "scorer" in the league, Stamkos is, unless you can win games with assists. Are you his mom or something?

esteef

Not trying to sound condescending here, but you do realize that scorer is used to describe scoring points? You do know that the Art Ross is for leading the league in "scoring points".

I don't understand why you seem to make it personal with "are you his mom" type remarks. I have no qualms with you.

I try to respect people's opinions, I'm not going to call Euro_twins anything because we disagree, I actually enjoy discussing hockey and hearing out their view points, and I enjoy sharing mine. Not sure why it doesn't seem encouraged.

not saying it isn't impressive, but those are small sample numbers. there is no real way of determining if he would play at that pace over a full 82 game season, and he has never gotten more then 109 points in a season, so he is not the best player in the last 20 years.

That's fair, I'm in the camp that is thinking he was just hitting his prime at that time, and if he wasn't injured his numbers would be at least the same, or better. As the sample size is about the same. Really hope he can stay healthy for a full season and see if he can answer that question definitively though.

Edited by Carman

Sucks to see a guy get hurt, even though I don't care for him as a player.

But more importantly....where the hell was that shot headed? That wasn't even close to being on target, unless Crosby door dinged that guy's Porsche in the parking deck.

watch the video, it was deflected

not saying it isn't impressive, but those are small sample numbers. there is no real way of determining if he would play at that pace over a full 82 game season, and he has never gotten more then 109 points in a season, so he is not the best player in the last 20 years.

The question was comparing Crosby now, to a 33 year old Gretzky when he put up 130 points at 33/34 years old. Sure he can do it now, but I highly doubt he will when he's 33/34.

Edited by darkmanx

I don't like Crosby and would never wish this on anyone. But its hockey people get hit in the face all the time. And he had to leave the game? A lot of guys are right back out there...

Depends on how the teeth are hit. If they are knocked out clean you can dull the nerves and stitch it up in the dressing room, but if they are chipped and pushed in the gums it can't really be dealt with at the rink, and the pain really can't be dulled easily. Also take into account it's a regular season game, and his team is well ahead in the standings. It's not worth the risk with that context.

Not trying to sound condescending here, but you do realize that scorer is used to describe scoring points? You do know that the Art Ross is for leading the league in "scoring points".

I don't understand why you seem to make it personal with "are you his mom" type remarks. I have no qualms with you.

I try to respect people's opinions, I'm not going to call Euro_twins anything because we disagree, I actually enjoy discussing hockey and hearing out their view points, and I enjoy sharing mine. Not sure why it doesn't seem encouraged.

Easy, you purposely bait load any and every Crosby comment you make on this board in a troll-like fashion to pump his tires and draw a reaction. So when people react, you play dumb and go "what'd I do?". Furthermore, are you his mom?

esteef

edit: and "scoring" refers to actually scoring goals, which you already knew but didn't fit as nicely into your Crosby championing agenda here.

Edited by esteef

Easy, you purposely bait load any and every Crosby comment you make on this board in a troll-like fashion to pump his tires and draw a reaction. So when people react, you play dumb and go "what'd I do?". Furthermore, are you his mom?

esteef

I'm not trying to draw any reaction though, I'm just discussing topics on a hockey board.

I could be making threads all about Crosby, but I try to limit myself to just threads about him. I don't bring him up out of context, like Franzen is. I don't get it, just because you don't like my opinion doesn't make it trolling. Feel free to actually discuss ideas instead of other posters.

Like how you seem to think scoring only means goals. That's rich, you must be such a hockey encyclopedia, can you please share some more of your great insight?

and "scoring" refers to actually scoring goals, which you already knew but didn't fit as nicely into your Crosby championing agenda here.

No, it really doesn't. The art ross is given to the league's scoring leader. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Art_Ross_Trophy

You are thinking of goal scoring.

Edited by Carman

I'm not trying to draw any reaction though, I'm just discussing topics on a hockey board.

I could be making threads all about Crosby, but I try to limit myself to just threads about him. I don't bring him up out of context, like Franzen is. I don't get it, just because you don't like my opinion doesn't make it trolling. Feel free to actually discuss ideas instead of other posters.

Like how you seem to think scoring only means goals. That's rich, you must be such a hockey encyclopedia, can you please share some more of your great insight?

Aw, more victim talk. How cute. Here's some insight, when people refer to the "points leader" they actually say "points leader". It's a general concept, not an absolute one. Hopefully it's not too difficult for you to grasp.

esteef

Aw, more victim talk. How cute. Here's some insight, when people refer to the "points leader" they actually say "points leader". It's a general concept, not an absolute one. Hopefully it's not too difficult for you to grasp.

esteef

This is so pointless.

My context was "scoring leader" as in leading the league in points.

The art ross is given to the

player who leads the League in scoring points at the end of the regular season

Is it that difficult to grasp? Is it that big of a sin that I didn't say "point scoring leader". Do people really only attribute scoring to goals and not points? Or are you just trying to run around in circles and argue meaningless things?

This is so pointless.

My context was "scoring leader" as in leading the league in points.

The art ross is given to the

Is it that difficult to grasp? Is it that big of a sin that I didn't say "point scoring leader". Do people really only attribute scoring to goals and not points? Or are you just trying to run around in circles and argue meaningless things?

Let me simplify for you, if I ask you the "score" from the Pens/Isles game today would you say 6-0? I mean assists is "scoring" right?

esteef

Let me simplify for you, if I ask you the "score" from the Pens/Isles game today would you say 6-0? I mean assists is "scoring" right?

esteef

"score" Is a general term of assists, and goals.

Or are the people that describe the Art Ross wrong?

Deflected my butt....watch the slow-motion replay, the puck never changes course until it "deflects" off his face.

I think it was deflected but just barely. In the slow mo, the puck was pretty level before the isle player and after it passed him, it wobbled a lot more.

"score" Is a general term of assists, and goals.

Or are the people that describe the Art Ross wrong?

Fixed.

esteef

Please let's not debate all the H.W.S.N.B.N. crap again. This thread is about his injury, not anything else.

I can't stand the guy and if he and Bettman fell off the face of the earth together, I could die happy; however, I can gain no joy from this injury. I know I sure as hell wouldn't have wanted to take that puck to the face - I hope dental surgery is all that's necessary.

Please do not attempt to turn this into Crosby v. Yzerman. Discuss the injury and potential repercussions, not his ability, attitude, etc.

Thanks.

Crosby got a messed up grill dog! I can't really tell though if he has a fat lip or not as they're naturally quite large. Those uniforms are so ugly, not even the puck wants to hit it...

He'll be fine after another year off and back to getting almost 2 pts per game. Great player, but him not being able to talk might be a blessing. The reporters may find out that he's not the only Penguin who can mumble through an interview.

Knocked out his donkey teeth?

:crazy::hysterical:

Any one have any actual updates on the injury?

Oh I say you he dead.

Sorry dude...i'm going to bed now. I think i'm kinda tired.

When I first saw the video I thought it was kind of funny that Crosby looks like he's diving even when taking a puck to the mouth from a teammate. However, I know that getting hit in the face with a 90 MPH slapshot is not going to feel good at all so his reaction is appropriate. Someone else had to be thinking the same thing, though.