• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
nyqvististhefuture

Crosby left the game after puck to the face

Rate this topic

What karma?

The only karma around is the Pens losing their best player after their Matt Cooke injured Karlsson for the season. Ottawa would be a legit threat to win the East right now if they had him.

Even without their young star defenseman, Ottawa is 1st in Goals Against and 2nd on the PK. I'm sure it hurt them offensively but I think Karlsson's contributions were overrated, especially defensively.

Guest irishock

Even without their young star defenseman, Ottawa is 1st in Goals Against and 2nd on the PK. I'm sure it hurt them offensively but I think Karlsson's contributions were overrated, especially defensively.

He produced 80 points last season. 80 points. His biggest contributions come offensively and that would put Ottawa right there with Montreal and Boston right now.

Guest Playmaker

What?

Also let me guide you on this

Jaw fracture means your jaw is wired shut 6 weeks.

4 weeks is a JOKE pending on the fracture any Oral Surgeon will tell you any break it's 6 weeks.

I don't care about the hockey gods. They can suck it as well.

My post also was directed at sputman :P

What?

Also let me guide you on this

Jaw fracture means your jaw is wired shut 6 weeks.

4 weeks is a JOKE pending on the fracture any Oral Surgeon will tell you any break it's 6 weeks.

I don't care about the hockey gods. They can suck it as well.

My post also was directed at sputman :P

Not sure how long ago you worked for an oral surgeon, but your information is not accurate. Many jaw fractures don't require IMF. They can be stablized by titanium plates and screws. Even if it is required, there is no 6 week minimum.

Wow, some of the comments here and elsewhere are really low. While I'm not expecting anybody to be losing sleep over an injury to another team's star player, celebrating the pain anybody goes through with that kind of injury is rotten. Sports really brings out the worst in people, especially those shielded by the anonymity of the Internet.

From what I'm reading, Crosby did not need to get his jaw wired shut. That's significant because it means he should be able to get back to solid foods earlier than someone who required that procedure. Athletes in particular who go through that tend to lose weight and strength, which sets back their recovery even further. Hopefully Crosby recovers in time for the playoffs. I, for one, prefer to watch hockey with its best players active.

Not sure how long ago you worked for an oral surgeon, but your information is not accurate. Many jaw fractures don't require IMF. They can be stablized by titanium plates and screws. Even if it is required, there is no 6 week minimum.

Ok and you know this how? I was a surgical tech for an oral and maxillofacial surgeon a long time.

You don't need screws or plates for every jaw fracture.

Depending on the normal fracture it only requires the whole jaw to be wired shut.

When you have any type of maxillofacial surgery ok I guess if it's "reconstructive surgery." That requires plates, screws and the whole wired shut thing.

Regardless most broken jaws only require the jaw to be wired shut 4-6 weeks yes sometimes with plates and screws but not normally.

Always tends to be 6 weeks about.

Anyone remember how long Brad Stuart was out when he broke his jaw? I also forgot Patty broke his as well not long ago. My bad again....

Edited by St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Guest irishock

Wow, some of the comments here and elsewhere are really low. While I'm not expecting anybody to be losing sleep over an injury to another team's star player, celebrating the pain anybody goes through with that kind of injury is rotten. Sports really brings out the worst in people, especially those shielded by the anonymity of the Internet.

Welcome to Soccer my friend.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfb4Xs-ggyU

Edited by irishock

Yeah, soccer really captures the gist of it. Sports are supposed to be entertainment. I don't know what it is that drives some people, makes them so unconscionable. Maybe they don't have enough going on with themselves so they live vicariously through sports and teams, and it becomes bigger than them.

At any rate, the unbridled hate that comes out of stories like these make me a cynical man.

That Tocchet fight is a classic. Jaw, what jaw?

Crosby was in good spirits. Not having to wire it shut is good news for him.

I personally don't believe in karma, not in this life anyway. If it existed, somehow a guy like Lafontaine would have had more luck than he did and his name on the cup several times, because as far as players go, he is as good of a person as they come.

Sometimes s*** just happens. Like when Orpik tries to shoot the puck. If he aimed for Sid's head he'd probably put up Norris numbers.

Edited by Free_Candy

Guest RedWingsDad

ya it is your right to stoop to the level of others, like trashville, or san jose, or minnesota, or anaheim fans. The rest of us will stay somewhat respectable, seeing as red wings fans are known to be respectful, and classy, compared to most other teams fans

Thought police out in full force I see... your not being very tolerant of other peoples views my friend. That being said, I am also not happy he took a puck to the face, especially when I seen the video of his chiclets flying out of his mouth. I AM happy to see the Penguins top threat go down, I don't want to see them win the cup again.

Thought police out in full force I see... your not being very tolerant of other peoples views my friend. That being said, I am also not happy he took a puck to the face, especially when I seen the video of his chiclets flying out of his mouth. I AM happy to see the Penguins top threat go down, I don't want to see them win the cup again.

If people said things in a respectable way I would not care what they thought. For instance, something like this, "He took a puck to the face, that sucks for him, but benefits the rest of the league." would not bother me so much. When someone puts, "Crosby is injured HAHAHAHA" that is childish and I am not tolerant of it

Update: according to yahoo fantasy sports, Crosbys jaw is not wired shut and he's out of the hospital.

True, he got a titanium plate place along his jaw (iirc from the article). It will make his recovery around 4-6 weeks they said but he would be ready for the playoffs? They're hoping for 4 weeks and he'll be ready for the playoffs.

Update: according to yahoo fantasy sports, Crosbys jaw is not wired shut and he's out of the hospital.

I saw this and it's interesting cause I wonder if his jaw is really broken?

I'm no Dr. but I would say 1 out 20 broken jaws don't need to be wired shut.

Even if that is the case and you don't need to be wired you have to take extreme caution.

Media could have been overblowing the Crosby situation like always.

Also could be some sort of concussion like symptoms for Crosby again who knows...

True, he got a titanium plate place along his jaw (iirc from the article). It will make his recovery around 4-6 weeks they said but he would be ready for the playoffs? They're hoping for 4 weeks and he'll be ready for the playoffs.

If he got a titanium plate along his jaw that's really funny cause it usually requires the jaw to be wired shut.

You just don't get a plate screwed into the maxilla or mandible without being out for a long time. 4 weeks is pushing it.

6 weeks is more accurate if not more.

I saw this and it's interesting cause I wonder if his jaw is really broken?

I'm no Dr. but I would say 1 out 20 broken jaws don't need to be wired shut.

Even if that is the case and you don't need to be wired you have to take extreme caution.

Media could have been overblowing the Crosby situation like always.

Also could be some sort of concussion like symptoms for Crosby again who knows...

If he got a titanium plate along his jaw that's really funny cause it usually requires the jaw to be wired shut.

You just don't get a plate screwed into the maxilla or mandible without being out for a long time. 4 weeks is pushing it.

6 weeks is more accurate if not more.

they also said that he was not experiencing any concussion like symptoms.. which is definitely good news for him.

Edited by amato

they also said that he was not experiencing any concussion like symptoms.. which is definitely good news for him.

Well that's good news for the all of them now isn't it.

I wanted to also post when you have a jaw fracture and you get wired shut normally 99% time you get released from that clinic the same day of the surgery.

Now saying it was done at a hospital with an anesthesiologist and pending the surgery to the mouth it could be longer.

I'm really wondering if Crosby has a true broken jaw tbh

Guest Gary.Bettman

Skated for the first time this morning since the accident

Thank goodness. It is great to see the Face of the League improving. Hopefully, he'll be back at the start of the playoffs at the latest, ready to take the Penguins to the Championship they deserve.

Guest RedWingsDad

Per Crosby - "I used to play in the NHL, but then I took a arrow in the knee / puck in the face."

Edited by RedWingsDad

Thank goodness. It is great to see the Face of the League improving. Hopefully, he'll be back at the start of the playoffs at the latest, ready to take the Penguins to the Championship they deserve.

I'm confused why you haven't traded Crosby to your Coyotes yet.