• Please log in to reply
132 replies to this topic

#61 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 08:13 PM

I'm not trying to draw any reaction though, I'm just discussing topics on a hockey board.

I could be making threads all about Crosby, but I try to limit myself to just threads about him. I don't bring him up out of context, like Franzen is. I don't get it, just because you don't like my opinion doesn't make it trolling. Feel free to actually discuss ideas instead of other posters.

Like how you seem to think scoring only means goals. That's rich, you must be such a hockey encyclopedia, can you please share some more of your great insight?

Aw, more victim talk.  How cute.  Here's some insight, when people refer to the "points leader" they actually say "points leader".  It's a general concept, not an absolute one.  Hopefully it's not too difficult for you to grasp.

esteef

"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#62 turbowhistle86

turbowhistle86

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 08:17 PM

watch the video, it was deflected

Deflected my butt....watch the slow-motion replay, the puck never changes course until it "deflects" off his face.

#63 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,113 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 08:18 PM

Aw, more victim talk.  How cute.  Here's some insight, when people refer to the "points leader" they actually say "points leader".  It's a general concept, not an absolute one.  Hopefully it's not too difficult for you to grasp.

esteef

This is so pointless.

My context was "scoring leader" as in leading the league in points.

The art ross is given to the

player who leads the League in scoring points at the end of the regular season

Is it that difficult to grasp? Is it that big of a sin that I didn't say "point scoring leader". Do people really only attribute scoring to goals and not points? Or are you just trying to run around in circles and argue meaningless things?

#64 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 08:20 PM

This is so pointless.

My context was "scoring leader" as in leading the league in points.

The art ross is given to the

Is it that difficult to grasp? Is it that big of a sin that I didn't say "point scoring leader". Do people really only attribute scoring to goals and not points? Or are you just trying to run around in circles and argue meaningless things?

Let me simplify for you, if I ask you the "score" from the Pens/Isles game today would you say 6-0?  I mean assists is "scoring" right? 

esteef

#65 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,113 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 08:26 PM

Let me simplify for you, if I ask you the "score" from the Pens/Isles game today would you say 6-0?  I mean assists is "scoring" right? 

esteef

"score" Is a general term of assists, and goals.

Or are the people that describe the Art Ross wrong?

#66 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 08:29 PM

"score" Is a general term of assists, and goals. which 99% of the time is referring to goals unless you're a Crosby slappy trying to pump him up at all times..

Fixed.

esteef

#67 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 08:44 PM

Deflected my butt....watch the slow-motion replay, the puck never changes course until it "deflects" off his face.

I think it was deflected but just barely. In the slow mo, the puck was pretty level before the isle player and after it passed him, it wobbled a lot more.

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#68 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,160 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 09:07 PM

"score" Is a general term of assists, and goals.

Or are the people that describe the Art Ross wrong?

Fixed.

esteef

Please let's not debate all the H.W.S.N.B.N. crap again.  This thread is about his injury, not anything else.  

I can't stand the guy and if he and Bettman fell off the face of the earth together, I could die happy; however, I can gain no joy from this injury.  I know I sure as hell wouldn't have wanted to take that puck to the face - I hope dental surgery is all that's necessary.

Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#69 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,529 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:43 PM

Oh no....GMR will be really upset about this. He loved Crosby's face =)

msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

I LIVE IN TEXAS SO I DON'T DESERVE HOCKEY

#70 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,603 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:59 PM

Ouch. 

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#71 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 12:00 AM

Any one have any actual updates on the injury?

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#72 SiLkK19

SiLkK19

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 12:32 AM

Knocked out his donkey teeth?

#73 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,513 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 02:06 AM

I say we pool our $$$ together, and send Sid a gift basket of caramel apples.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#74 arag

arag

1st Line Sniper

• HoF Booster
  • 754 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 02:07 AM

Awaiting for the second opinion from a dentist for anual deep cleaning.

#75 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,183 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 02:41 AM

Please do not attempt to turn this into Crosby v. Yzerman.  Discuss the injury and potential repercussions, not his ability, attitude, etc.

Thanks.

Crosby got a messed up grill dog!  I can't really tell though if he has a fat lip or not as they're naturally quite large.  Those uniforms are so ugly, not even the puck wants to hit it...

He'll be fine after another year off and back to getting almost 2 pts per game.  Great player, but him not being able to talk might be a blessing.  The reporters may find out that he's not the only Penguin who can mumble through an interview.  

Knocked out his donkey teeth?

:crazy:  :hysterical: 

Any one have any actual updates on the injury?

Oh I say you he dead.

Sorry dude...i'm going to bed now.  I think i'm kinda tired.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

#76 Wings_Toledo

Wings_Toledo

Seeing Red

• PipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 07:38 AM

When I first saw the video I thought it was kind of funny that Crosby looks like he's diving even when taking a puck to the mouth from a teammate.  However, I know that getting hit in the face with a 90 MPH slapshot is not going to feel good at all so his reaction is appropriate.  Someone else had to be thinking the same thing, though.

#77 beachwing

beachwing

Reader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 08:36 AM

I was thinking he won't be eating apples anytime soon.

#78 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,662 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 10:36 AM

Oh no....GMR will be really upset about this. He loved Crosby's face =)

Huh?

Did you even read what I wrote on the first page.  

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#79 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,183 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 11:15 AM

When I first saw the video I thought it was kind of funny that Crosby looks like he's diving even when taking a puck to the mouth from a teammate.  However, I know that getting hit in the face with a 90 MPH slapshot is not going to feel good at all so his reaction is appropriate.  Someone else had to be thinking the same thing, though.

I've been hit everywhere else on my body with slapshots and it sucks every time.  I took a clapper off the hamstring on my left leg this year and could hardly walk for a week.  Still played hockey, but in a fair amount of agony.  Only took a puck off the face a couple times, usually on flick out clears and deflections and that hurts and gives you fat lips and nice cuts.  Taking a 90+ mile and hour shot off the face, no thanks.  I actually do feel kinda bad for Cindy, but at least this time he has a reason to Crysby. 

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

#80 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 12:58 PM

#87update. Can confirm #Penguins Crosby had surgery yesterday to his jaw. Extent of the damage still being evaluated 2day. Out indefinitely

bringit.jpg