• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Wingsfan72

Kaberle placed on waivers

Rate this topic

Hmm, did they even test the market for him via trade? If so, how could nobody pick him up? I would think a veteran defenseman would prove useful at this point of the year.

From what I heard he really is a complete liability in his own zone not to mention he makes 4mil+. Basically an older less physical more expensive Ian White. :ph34r:

Edited by Number19

Guest Crymson

Hmm, did they even test the market for him via trade? If so, how could nobody pick him up? I would think a veteran defenseman would prove useful at this point of the year.

He's a washed-out, one-dimensional defenseman who can't really score anymore and has a cap hit of $4.5m. Only a salary cellar team would take him, and none of them need anybody right now.

Guest Crymson

Overpaid. The new CBA sucks in that there is no salary cap sharing allowed anymore. Otherwise, he would look good for a 40% or so cap share.

It's the other way around. The old CBA didn't allow for cap sharing. The new CBA does.

That said, he wouldn't even look good for a 40% share. He's a porous mess on defense and can't contribute much on offense anymore.