• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
nyqvististhefuture

jan mursak does he have a future in the nhl?

Rate this topic

i just noticed hes got pts in the last 3 games (1 goal 4 assists) 11 pts in 15 does anyone think he can be an nhl player??? unfortunetly i cant see him having a future in detroit and the poor guy always had bad luck with injuries but hes still only 25 and has alot of speed from what i remember and i think he can be an nhl player for a while

you guys think hes gonna get a chance and stick around the league or hes bound for a career in europe?

He cleared waivers earlier in the season. Doesn't seem too promising for him. He seemed promising a couple years back but I think his injuries have halted any of his potential for growth. I don't think he has a future with the Wings. Maybe another team may want to kick the tires after he proves to stay healthy for a while.

Edited by dats13owns

Cleared waivers during the season, when any team claiming him would have to move someone else off their roster, when he hadn't played much the last two years.

If he finishes the year strong, I'd expect someone will invite him to a camp next summer. If he still wants to try for the NHL I wouldn't be surprised if he makes it. (Just not in Detroit.) Bet Stevie would give him a tryout.

Though if I had to bet on it, I'd say he'll go over to Europe.

If he gets another contract with an NHL team it will be a 2 way deal and he'll have to earn his way to the NHL from the AHL just like he has with the Wings.

He could have been grabbed off waivers for free, at the league minimum, with only this season left on his contract and the other 29 GM's passed on him.

Thats as risk free as a pick-up can possibly be and still no GM thought he had any value to an NHL roster. It doesn't look good for him.

Likely not, but a lot of it has to do with luck. Mursak is a decent player who would look good on many 4th/3rd lines in the NHL. However, most teams (including the Wings) have prospects who they believe have more potential in the NHL, or players on the 4th line who have already established themselves. If Mursak had not been injured so much the past two years, I think he could have made it. Now, the Wings have too many players already in the bottom 6 (Helm, Abby, Tootoo, Eaves, Emmerton, Andersson, etc) and too many players ahead of him on the depth chart in GR (Sheahan, Ferraro, etc). Other teams are unlikely to take a chance on him because he doesn't have the experience to take time away from their own prospects or current players.

I was really excited about Mursak. I made big predictions that he would surprise people and find a spot on the team this year. Unfortunate that he went down with injuries the past two years. Shows you the window of opportunity is brief and unforgiving. He'll really have to impress to get another shot.

Yeah, I felt the exact same way. I saw him as being similar to Helm, with the potential to be a lot better eventually, since he seemed to have better hands than Helm.

Imagine someone like Helm with insane speed who can get a lot of breakaways, but can actually convert one now and again...alas, seems Mursaks chance has passed now though. He had horrible luck with injuries, but... c'est la vie.

Edited by sleepwalker

FWIW, he looked REALLY good against the Aeros Friday night. I didn't see any of this "doesn't pass" stuff that another poster was talking about. He was flying out there and his line scored every goal that night, IIRC. Just my $0.02.

Regards,

Jeff in Houston