Photo
- - - - -

Happy 85th Mr. Hockey!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Jersey Wing

Jersey Wing

Watching Eastern Conference hockey before it was cool...

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,125 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 09:41 AM

And a damned nice guy. Happy 85th today Gordie! Had the privilege of meeting him briefly in the concourse at the Joe one evening. I'll never ever forget that moment. 

(Sorry, got excited about Gordie and then found the other one from a couple days back. my bad)

Edited by Jersey Wing, 31 March 2013 - 09:42 AM.

14767451334_8f0d14d8cb_o.jpg

#2 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,940 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 09:42 AM

Happy Birthday, Mr. Howe.  Health and happiness to you and yours.

#3 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 09:47 AM

We're here!! In Deetroit! Can't quite believe it but we'll be leaving for the game in about 10 minutes., And of course the Wings will beat the crap out of the Hawks in honor of Gordie. And it WILL carry over to the Avs game tomorrow. We should live so long!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, GORDIE!!

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#4 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,525 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 09:51 AM

Have a great time, Sandy!!  I looked for you at the Griffs/Stars game last night, but I guess I wouldn't have seen you, if you were headed for Motown.  Have a blast, how could you not???  Go, Wings!!

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#5 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 09:54 AM

I had the pleasure of meeting him a few years ago.  What a lovely man and such a class act.  My heart goes out to his family, because, unfortunately, I know what they have gone through and will be going through with dementia - my father had Alzheimer's, and a more evil malady I cannot conceive of.  It breaks the heart to watch a strong, vital person reduced to such levels.  I've a feeling there won't be very many dry eyes in the house today.

Posted Image

#6 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,277 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 10:23 AM

Incredible guy - top ten highlight of my life was getting a kiss from Mr. Hockey.  A very Happy Birthday!!

Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#7 Esquire

Esquire

Fix up, Look sharp.

• HoF Booster
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 10:39 AM

I'd take an elbow to the face from him any day. Happy Birthday to the greatest player the game has ever seen. All the best Gordie!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#8 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,384 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 10:48 AM

Happy birthdayand happy eastern hockeygod!

Heres to another 85, best of luck and health to you and your loved ones.

Go Mr. Wings Hockey Go"!

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

<< Win it for Mr. Hockey !