• Please log in to reply
564 replies to this topic

#381 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:22 PM

if this aint showing kenny the lack of firepower we have i dont know what will. No Z and you take dats out then boy oh boy are we in trouble down the line. cant understand why when we know Z is out they scratch Nyqvist when he could have been given a more offensive role.

Exactly! I honestly am beside myself on this very thing. Guy is considered are top prospect and an offensive guy. We lose are second best player before the game and instead of inserting nyquist onto a second line we scratch him and throw in some duster 4th liners to fill the offense. Half the guys in this lineup tonight shouldn't play another game this year.

We should be playing nyquist, And Tatar. This isn't to say play the young guys were tanking. This is actually the opposite. These 2 are better than half the forwards in this damn lineup. I don't know who's making these decisions, but it's getting really sickening watching these plugs play in vital roles when we have cheaper, younger, better players rotting in the minors.

And I can't for the life of me understand why Tatar was thrown back down to GR. he was arguably are 4th best forward when playing. Sorry for the rant just so frustrating to see this crap

#382 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,223 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:22 PM

Kenny, please add some toughness for Dats line, Clowe, Clarkson...

Tatar - Dats - Clarkson
Clowe - Z - Brunner
"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#383 jeff48109

jeff48109

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,522 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:23 PM

im going to watch michigan basketball. have a good day all

#384 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,931 posts

Per NBC's Penguins rally squad, yes.

All I heard was Milbury say even a great player like Datsyuk gets frustrated from the Hawks intense forecheck.

I didn't hear anything about calling him a dirty player.

#385 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,538 posts

I just got home and I haven't checked the score yet. I've had a horrible day but a good game by Wings should make it up. How are we doing?

"Finger-pointing is easy. In some cases, even therapeutic. Fans need to blame something,

because the outcome is so frustratingly out of their control."
-- Mitch Albom

| Terry Sawchuk & Johnny Bower | | Extra Protection | | "Luckies never cut my wind." | | Straight to the Goal | | Dodging Traffic |
| Tom Waits - Get Behind the Mule | | Mikael Samuelsson Forever | | Mike Grier? |

#386 sputman

sputman

4th Line Baggage

• HoF Booster
  • 3,071 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:24 PM

I just got home and I haven't checked the score yet. I've had a horrible day but a good game by Wings should make it up. How are we doing?

Hank has played steady all game. Not a single mistake.

Posted Image

#387 SaCkaveli20

SaCkaveli20

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Not sure if serious.

#388 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,742 posts

You don't want to know, Bogie.  

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#389 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,199 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:25 PM

Maybe Babcock should tell our D and centermen that Saad is a hell of a player, he's fast and he's skilled.  Lashoff had a good look at his namebar last period when he flew by him to welcome Gus to the game.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#390 Tman77

Tman77

Go Wings!

• PipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:25 PM

Go back to bed. Trust me...

#391 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,223 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:28 PM

Comeback time
"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#392 dats13owns

dats13owns

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:29 PM

Like I said before, I'm not trying to say I know more about hockey than management, but they can't realistically look at this roster and be satisfied.
Not saying I could do better, just that they watch the same product we do.

I see both of your points. I just think that every time the Wings have a bad game or give up a bad goal, "I like this team" starts coming up. It's played out.

I'm as annoyed as the next person, but the Wings aren't typically a team to go public about their pending moves and such. Doing business in the NHL isn't easy and everyone complaining about not making this trade or not signing this player is pointless. It's the same thing as complaining about x amount of teams passing up on this player in the draft. Last years FA crop was pretty thin and top heavy. He tried. I don't necessarily like the Sammy-esque reunion tours ideal, but to just assume that he doesn't try is asinine.

#393 Yak19

Yak19

-Playmaker Elite-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,836 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:30 PM

Kenny, please add some toughness for Dats line, Clowe, Clarkson...

Tatar - Dats - Clarkson
Clowe - Z - Brunner

1g0jki.gif

if only LGW was allowed one day as the gm

#394 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,223 posts

Can we sign Downey or May???

#395 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,931 posts

Wings got lucky.  Shaw wide open straight down the middle.   This could've been 6-0.

#396 Jocke

Jocke

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:31 PM

Even accept?? Semin has been great for Carolina. He'd be our 3rd best player. HUGE miss by Holland.
Not great defensively, who cares. We have two of the best two-way players in the NHL on our team.

Samuelson over Semin!??? Good god.

I know, but his new contract is a bit of a gamble.

#397 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,223 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:32 PM

1g0jki.gif

Can't be worst than actual lineup
if only LGW was allowed one day as the gm

#398 sputman

sputman

4th Line Baggage

• HoF Booster
  • 3,071 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:33 PM

Steve Duchesne losing his teeth.

A story so nice Pierre told it twice.

Posted Image

#399 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,931 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:33 PM

I know, but his new contract is a bit of a gamble.

True.

Though this year wouldn't have been much of one.  A 1 year deal on a player trying to turn things around.

Right now it's just unused cap space for the Wings.

#400 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,015 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:34 PM

@Bill_Roose: Doesn't look like Mikeal Samuelsson is on #RedWings bench to start third period.

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg