• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest esmeralda575

Mr Holland.....

Rate this topic

Guest esmeralda575

Please call ..Fedorov.. and ask 6 new russian players....come on....

Dear Ken Holland,

Please do...anything? It should be pretty clear by this time that mediocre players with "heart" do not trump high end players with skill. Please understand that these guys don't grow on trees, so you're actually going to have to pay for them. I know that's a hard pill to swallow. I saw today that you don't want to trade for depth pieces, and apparently you're against moving your first rounder as well, so I'm not really sure how you plan to get the top four defenseman and top six forward you're pining for. Anyway, I've been told you're a genius so I'm sure you'll figure something out.

Sincerely and Respectfully,

Kip

p.s. Pav, Hank, Kronwall, and Franzen aren't getting any younger, just in case you forgot.

Mr. Holland please cut cleary, Samuelson, miller, and white. Play Tatar, nyquist, an dekeyser. And for the love of god bring in someone who can actually score a goal!

Sure thing, but remember that Kenny said today that he didn't want to move his first round pick, so whoever he brings in is going to be a Samuelsson-esque "goal scorer" who can be had for peanuts. Which is sort of Kenny's MO these days.

Actually, we have too many mediocre players without heart.

I disagree, I think Abby, Miller, Eaves, Emmy, and even Cleary all bust their asses. Unfortunately, they're all expected to fulfill roles on this team that their skill sets don't allow for. Cleary should be a third line winger, Abby a fourth line center, Miller and Eaves fourth line wingers, and Emmy as the 13 forward. Relying on anything more than that is going to get exposed pretty badly against teams with actual depth.

Sometimes teams have bad games. Did Vancouver suck for losing 8-3? Did Anaheim suck for losing 5-1?

Yeah, didn't think so.

We don't suck, but it's clear we don't have the personnel to compete against high end teams. I hope that gets remedied, but who knows.

Sure thing, but remember that Kenny said today that he didn't want to move his first round pick, so whoever he brings in is going to be a Samuelsson-esque "goal scorer" who can be had for peanuts. Which is sort of Kenny's MO these days.

Oh in no way do I think we will get a scorer. We will probably do nothing and say helm, Sammy, Bert are our deadline deals. To be honest I'd just be happy with nyquist and Tatar in the everyday lineup playing offensive roles

I disagree, I think Abby, Miller, Eaves, Emmy, and even Cleary all bust their asses. Unfortunately, they're all expected to fulfill roles on this team that their skill sets don't allow for. Cleary should be a third line winger, Abby a fourth line center, Miller and Eaves fourth line wingers, and Emmy as the 13 forward. Relying on anything more than that is going to get exposed pretty badly against teams with actual depth.

This is exactly correct. This is also why I don't really get mad at these players. It's not there fault that there being put into positions they simply just can't fill.

This is directly holland and babcocks fault. Why was Samuelson brought in? Tatar and nyquist can both fill that role better, cheaper, and will also grow because they are young. Also that 3M cap hit is saved an can be stalked up to bring in a shooter to play with pavel.

Babcock is to fault too. He's in love with guys like cleary, Sammy, miller, etc. guys like nyquist and Tatar are brought up and stuck on the bottom lines??? These are offensive guys throw them into the top six and I guarantee with a little time they will produce like top 6 players

We had a bad game against possibly the Stanley Cup champions this year. It all changes with a win tomorrow, geeze guys we just have to get into the playoffs and go from there. If we get knocked out in 1st or 2nd fine, try to fix team in the offseason, I don't want to make a trade if it means giving up future, that's why we are in this position, gave up too many 1st rounders and young players over the years cuz we thought it would make us a stanley cup champion by getting name player at the trade deadline, and alot of times it was a 1st or 2nd round playoff loss. I do hope that we use Amnesty on Sammy though. We will be fine.

Guest esmeralda575

We no have like : Malkin, Kovalcsuk, Oveckin, Markov, Tarasenko, Ganyelcsuk,... WHY ??????

Guest Crymson

Cleary is too slow for the NHL.

We no have like : Malkin, Kovalcsuk, Oveckin, Markov, Tarasenko, Ganyelcsuk,... WHY ??????

Because the Wings didn't tank it for a decade like all of the teams who employee these guys? Instead, they have Datsyuk and Zetterberg who were sixth and seventh round picks and are arguably better than everyone on this list.

Trade away a bunch of our 3rd/4th liners for picks and draft Pulock in the 1st round. That's all I ask for. Don't much care about anything else but getting Pulock and having room for him, Sproul, Ouellet and Dekeyser in 2 years. If Kenny trades for anyone at the deadling, I hope it's to send Flip to the Rangers in a package deal for Gaborik, while not trading ANY of this years draft picks away.

Guest Crymson

For the same reason you've seen so much success over the past 20 years: the Wings have never sucked enough to get top-five draft picks.

Does that answer your question?

This is exactly correct. This is also why I don't really get mad at these players. It's not there fault that there being put into positions they simply just can't fill.

This is directly holland and babcocks fault. Why was Samuelson brought in? Tatar and nyquist can both fill that role better, cheaper, and will also grow because they are young. Also that 3M cap hit is saved an can be stalked up to bring in a shooter to play with pavel.

Babcock is to fault too. He's in love with guys like cleary, Sammy, miller, etc. guys like nyquist and Tatar are brought up and stuck on the bottom lines??? These are offensive guys throw them into the top six and I guarantee with a little time they will produce like top 6 players

We have far too many guys pulling the piano and not enough guys who can play 'em.

Guest Crymson

Trade away a bunch of our 3rd/4th liners for picks and draft Pulock in the 1st round. That's all I ask for. Don't much care about anything else but getting Pulock and having room for him, Sproul, Ouellet and Dekeyser in 2 years. If Kenny trades for anyone at the deadling, I hope it's to send Flip to the Rangers in a package deal for Gaborik, while not trading ANY of this years draft picks away.

Pulock is projected to go in the top eight. It would take a whole lot of trading up in order to get there.

As for getting Gaborik without giving up a 1st... yeah, not happening.

Because the Wings didn't tank it for a decade like all of the teams who employee these guys? Instead, they have Datsyuk and Zetterberg who were sixth and seventh round picks and are arguably better than everyone on this list.

I agree with this completely but they have absolutely nobody to play with. If Z and Pavel don't score....we lose. Ken Holland bet on Mule over Hossa and lost big time. Mule is one of the laziest players in the NHL if not the most lazy. Holland is probably going to hand Fil a big sack of money that he in no way deserves.

I completely understand where everyone is coming from, but Holland was quoted as saying that he'd "see how the next 6 games" went - right? Now that they're currently standing at 7th in the West, could anyone see the flip side of the coin where management decides that this fringe team isn't worth making deadline acquisitions?

I completely understand where everyone is coming from, but Holland was quoted as saying that he'd "see how the next 6 games" went - right? Now that they're currently standing at 7th in the West, could anyone see the flip side of the coin where management decides that this fringe team isn't worth making deadline acquisitions?

I could totally see that happening but if Holland thinks that he needs to sell Fil for the highest bidder and shop Mule.

Pulock is projected to go in the top eight. It would take a whole lot of trading up in order to get there.

As for getting Gaborik without giving up a 1st... yeah, not happening.

What's wrong with giving up a first? We gave one up last year for a crappy player.

I know the pick will have a little higher value because of our standing, but Holland has never valued high picks before.