• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest esmeralda575

Mr Holland.....

Rate this topic

Doesn't matter who we get. But it's a fact that we have too much playmakers and defensemen, but less snipers, especially right handed shooters. Pavel needs a reason to stay.

And it's absolutely necessary to call up Tatar. He is a sniper and I'm sure he can even do much better with Zetterberg and Brunner. He would be the perfect addition for these two. Holland also has to teach Babcock that Brunner and Zetterberg belong together. Since they're separated, they don't score...

This team needs to be significantly different in two days. Not Ovechkin thats some 97.1 fm bush leaque stuff. Give me a solid D I would love both Gaborik and a solid defense but that's not going to happen

is really hard to know what holland is thinking right now.........with the deadline looming you have to think is he going to make a move that could backfire in are faces or a good one where it lights a fire under this team and excels them into the playoffs.......right now all i care about is getting there he says with Helm bert sammy and carlo it would be better than any move he makes at the deadline but are this 4 even close to being there right now? if there not going to be than his got no choice but to make some moves but moves that dont fall on rental players and huge prospect losses

Edited by sjr2012

This is a transition year for us. We are not going to be favorites this year. Just be happy if we make the playoffs.

Welcome to the post cap world.

I'd rather miss the playoffs than lose in the 1st round. Then we'd get a higher pick with an actual chance of getting Pulock.

This is a transition year for us. We are not going to be favorites this year. Just be happy if we make the playoffs.

Welcome to the post cap world.

Maybe. But despite all we need a trade. At the moment, Mule's lazy, Fil's useless and we have too much D-men. With that much young talented D-men in de organization we have to trade some older guys away. Especially limited D-men who earn much money (Ericsson, Quincey). Plus we have only one right handed sniper in the organization (Brunner). That's just not enough. That won't be different next season if Holland's just sleeping in his bed till wednesday.

We have enough D in the system. Our problems recently have been primary scoring by our top 6.

While I agree with you completely about our forward problems, Pulock is a caliber of D that you can't pass on. I'd rather have him than Jones. He is really good defensively, right handed and has a nasty shot from the blue line. I suggest checking it out. You'll be pleasantly surprised. He'd be like our Shea Weber on the PP. I'd love to get a McKinnon/Drouin type, but who else is at that caliber in the 1st round, or even 2nd that we could get? That is of course based on where we end up in the standings, so we'll have a better idea in about a month.

I'd rather miss the playoffs than lose in the 1st round. Then we'd get a higher pick with an actual chance of getting Pulock.

while i agree with Pulock it doesnt mean we would wind up with him and after 21 straight years in the Playoffs no Wings fan is going to be ok with missing ther playoffs most will want hollands job

While I agree with you completely about our forward problems, Pulock is a caliber of D that you can't pass on. I'd rather have him than Jones. He is really good defensively, right handed and has a nasty shot from the blue line. I suggest checking it out. You'll be pleasantly surprised. He'd be like our Shea Weber on the PP. I'd love to get a McKinnon/Drouin type, but who else is at that caliber in the 1st round, or even 2nd that we could get? That is of course based on where we end up in the standings, so we'll have a better idea in about a month.

Pulock is filthy I agree. I have watched him quite a bit. I would prefer we draft Shinkaruk, Mantha, Zykov, Domi, or Rychel in that order where we are going to be drafting at. Unless we miss the playoffs, the lottery isn't actually rigged, and a miracle happens which lands us a top 3 pick. I don't believe in any of those being true or happening tho...

Dear Mr. Holland,

Please don't listen to these GM wannabees. Don't give up our best prospects for the flavor of the month or your team will wind up like the Sharks. Doug Wilson always chases the flavor of the month and now he has one of the weakest prospect pools in the league. Remeber Brent Burns who everyone wanted last year? San Jose now has him playing forward.

Oh, and Mr. Holland, thanks for landing the top UFA forward in Damien Brunner that all 30 teams wanted. And also thanks for landing the top UFA D-man in Doug Dekeyser that everybody was after.

Keep up the good work. The future looks very bright for the Wings.

Dear Mr. Holland,

Please don't listen to these GM wannabees. Don't give up our best prospects for the flavor of the month or your team will wind up like the Sharks. Doug Wilson always chases the flavor of the month and now he has one of the weakest prospect pools in the league. Remeber Brent Burns who everyone wanted last year? San Jose now has him playing forward.

Oh, and Mr. Holland, thanks for landing the top UFA forward in Damien Brunner that all 30 teams wanted. And also thanks for landing the top UFA D-man in Doug Dekeyser that everybody was after.

Keep up the good work. The future looks very bright for the Wings.

They did definitely not sign with Detroit because of Holland :lol:

Future does not look bright for the Wings because there's no place in the roster for all the talented prospects in the organization. Holland has to trade away some older guys or has to give up some prospects for players who are able to fit in immediatly.

If Holland will do nothin, the scoring problems will last. Three snipers (Pavel, Mule, Brunner) are not enough. Particularly as long as Mule's playing that lazy und is just producing giveaways instead of goals. At the moment Wings can have 30-15 shots but will lose for sure. That's a problem all year. The younger guys (Emmerton, Nyquist, Andersson, Abby, Helm) all aren't snipers, too so there's no place for them all. A call up for Tatar (he's a sniper for sure) would be just the start but is definitely not enough.

Defense is different. But there are way too much players and no space for the talents. A lot of good defensemen but only Kindl und Kronwall could be used on de blue line. Maybe Lash, Smith and DeKeyser could learn that. Ericsson and Quincey sure can't, so let's move them. Makes no since to hold these guys. Holland also has to resign a lot of guys and needs cap space.

Edited by poel

Pulock is filthy I agree. I have watched him quite a bit. I would prefer we draft Shinkaruk, Mantha, Zykov, Domi, or Rychel in that order where we are going to be drafting at. Unless we miss the playoffs, the lottery isn't actually rigged, and a miracle happens which lands us a top 3 pick. I don't believe in any of those being true or happening tho...

Shinkaruk would be good here but a lot of guys won't like that he's 5'11, 175 lbs ish, but he's clearly a hell of a goal scorer.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=130701

Same goes with Max Domi. Not up to date on the other guys, so i'm gonna go peruse the draft wires and see which forward can score and is 6'2 or bigger that can be turned into a goal scoring power forward.

Maybe. But despite all we need a trade. At the moment, Mule's lazy, Fil's useless and we have too much D-men. With that much young talented D-men in de organization we have to trade some older guys away. Especially limited D-men who earn much money (Ericsson, Quincey). Plus we have only one right handed sniper in the organization (Brunner). That's just not enough. That won't be different next season if Holland's just sleeping in his bed till wednesday.

I keep hearing these top line wingers being mentioned in possible trades for Flip and I just laugh. We aren't going to get centerpiece players for our scraps.

They did definitely not sign with Detroit because of Holland :lol:

Future does not look bright for the Wings because there's no place in the roster for all the talented prospects in the organization. Holland has to trade away some older guys or has to give up some prospects for players who are able to fit in immediatly.

If Holland will do nothin, the scoring problems will last. Three snipers (Pavel, Mule, Brunner) are not enough. Particularly as long as Mule's playing that lazy und is just producing giveaways instead of goals. At the moment Wings can have 30-15 shots but will lose for sure. That's a problem all year. The younger guys (Emmerton, Nyquist, Andersson, Abby, Helm) all aren't snipers, too so there's no place for them all. A call up for Tatar (he's a sniper for sure) would be just the start but is definitely not enough.

Defense is different. But there are way too much players and no space for the talents. A lot of good defensemen but only Kindl und Kronwall could be used on de blue line. Maybe Lash, Smith and DeKeyser could learn that. Ericsson and Quincey sure can't, so let's move them. Makes no since to hold these guys. Holland also has to resign a lot of guys and needs cap space.

I disagree.

The Red Wings need to start with the youth movement now. Trading away prospects like we have the last few seasons have not gotten us any better. Remember when the Preds got Gaustad last season for a first round pick and then got bounced in the 2nd round of the playoffs? I fail to see how trading away more of our future for this season is going to result in a championship. Its apparent that the Pens are all in this season, but that doesn't mean we need to be.

I keep hearing these top line wingers being mentioned in possible trades for Flip and I just laugh. We aren't going to get centerpiece players for our scraps.

I'd be happy to trade Flip later today to the Ducks for their 1st rounder this year.

http://www.mynhldraft.com/NHL-Mock-Draft/

I found a mock draft for this year.

I like the looks of that Zykov kid. 6'0, 210. Decent height with good weight. Could be hard to take off the puck. Mantha at 6'4, 190 sounds intriguing. We need a guy like that on wing to make space for all our smaller skilled guys, so I like your pick on that one. Pick 19, Frederik Gauthier at 6'5, 210 as a centremen makes me very optimistic that we can get a really good pick where we will land in the draft. The first round is full of bigger players, so I'm liking that. As long as Holland takes his approach from last years draft, where a lot of us can agree we thought he did very well, and take guys no smaller than 6'0 we can be happy. I certainly hope Holland takes the guys that can turn into power forwards and shies away from the smaller "skilled" guys for a year or 2 cause we have tons of them already. Time to get bigger and tougher as we have games against the Bruins, Flyers and such teams like that next season.

If Pulock goes to Washington I will vomit.

Now it's time to check the video on these guys from the mock draft and once the Wings get bounced from the playoffs, likely the 1st round, I'll start a thread on who we want to draft this summer.

Scraps, no. But Filppula isn't a scrap. He's a good centerman who is defensively responsible and has occasional flashes of brilliance. He could be packaged up to get a reliable vet (Gaborik) for a team who needs a defensive forward or needs to get stronger down the middle, and wants to get a little younger or cheaper.

Filppula, White (or Quincey) and a pick could be attractive.

A first round draft pick is not a centerpiece player, but I do agree with you. I would like to see that trade.

I'd like the see Holland wrangle up as many 1st as he can this year. The BJ's have 3 in the 1st round. I'd love to see the Wings get 3 as well :lol: . Assume Flip goes to the Ducks for their 1st, Franzen would maybe have fun in Boston for their 1st. Ducks lose in the 1st round and Boston loses the SCF. Done.

Scraps, no. But Filppula isn't a scrap. He's a good centerman who is defensively responsible and has occasional flashes of brilliance. He could be packaged up to get a reliable vet (Gaborik) for a team who needs a defensive forward or needs to get stronger down the middle, and wants to get a little younger or cheaper.

Filppula, White (or Quincey) and a pick could be attractive.

Well that's pretty much the most reasonable post I've read all day.

I keep pointing this out: Gaborik doesn't magically term the Wings into a contender. What he does do is force the Wings to sell their future for a slight bump in their tiny chances of going anywhere this season. If Hollands stands pat this year it would only be a bad move, not the terrible one like everyone seems to have a hardon for.

I keep pointing this out: Gaborik doesn't magically term the Wings into a contender. What he does do is force the Wings to sell their future for a slight bump in their tiny chances of going anywhere this season. If Hollands stands pat this year it would only be a bad move, not the terrible one like everyone seems to have a hardon for.

If Flip isn't involved in a Gaborik trade then I'd rather them wait until summer when the Rangers have to shave some salary and get him at a lower asking price.

I am both happy and excited that THIS team will be sneaking into playoffs and rolling the dice with some puck luck and a hot goalkeeper this year......next year has me weary of the treatment our boys will be getting in the East, i dont think they will be rolling out the red carpet for our arrival and have no problem with Management standing firm at deadline this week and loading up over the summer for a long successful run on the Eastside.