• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest esmeralda575

Mr Holland.....

Rate this topic

I keep pointing this out: Gaborik doesn't magically term the Wings into a contender. What he does do is force the Wings to sell their future for a slight bump in their tiny chances of going anywhere this season. If Hollands stands pat this year it would only be a bad move, not the terrible one like everyone seems to have a hardon for.

He scores goals.

The rest of the roster? Doesn't score goals.

I agree we aren't a Marian Gaborik away from being elite, but a Marian Gaborik is they type of guy we need to add in order to move forward.

Edited by unsaddleddonald

Reading on Twitter that Wings and Blues still pushing for Bouwmeester, and no one has offered Buffalo anything good for Regehr. Not familiar with him, but Holland has a good relationship with Buffalo. If we lose on Bouwmeester, could be work out a deal with Buffalo you think?

He scores goals.

The rest of the roster? Doesn't score goals.

I agree we aren't a Marian Gaborik away from being elite, but a Marian Gaborik is they type of guy we need to add in order to move forward.

Another way to say it is: we aren't a Gaborik away from a Cup, but we won't get near a Cup without a Gaborik type.

Reading on Twitter that Wings and Blues still pushing for Bouwmeester, and no one has offered Buffalo anything good for Regehr. Not familiar with him, but Holland has a good relationship with Buffalo. If we lose on Bouwmeester, could be work out a deal with Buffalo you think?

Another way to say it is: we aren't a Gaborik away from a Cup, but we won't get near a Cup without a Gaborik type.

Hard to imagine Darcy Regier trading away a guy who pronounces his last name the same way he does.

Guest Crymson

Regehr isn't the defensive stalwart he was in his Calgary days.

Unless we get a top end winger, I'm not super concerned with Regehr's foot speed. It's not like we play a transition game anymore anyway. The puck possession days are behind us, at least for this season, which is all you'd be getting Regehr for anyway.

Add Gaborik or someone to the lineup and that might change, but for now, grinding is our game and Regehr would be fine.

Guest Crymson

Unless we get a top end winger, I'm not super concerned with Regehr's foot speed. It's not like we play a transition game anymore anyway. The puck possession days are behind us, at least for this season, which is all you'd be getting Regehr for anyway.

Add Gaborik or someone to the lineup and that might change, but for now, grinding is our game and Regehr would be fine.

Your tune might change when his glacial skating begins to cause problems.

Add Gaborik and re-sign him after next year and we'll have our transition, puck moving/possession game back when guys like Ouellet, Sproul and Backman are Wings. Even Almqvist. Keep puck possession and add guys who could add to it with a Gaborik type acquisition.

Add Gaborik and re-sign him after next year and we'll have our transition, puck moving/possession game back when guys like Ouellet, Sproul and Backman are Wings. Even Almqvist. Keep puck possession and add guys who could add to it with a Gaborik type acquisition.

How about no. Hes making 7.5 million a season, and is 19 pts in 33 games. He is not young, he is not durable, he is not the answer.

How about no. Hes making 7.5 million a season, and is 19 pts in 33 games. He is not young, he is not durable, he is not the answer.

And it has nothing to do with Torty's system? Or the fact that he is a sniper and not getting enough chances...

Guest Crymson

It seems we won't be finding out! What a ripoff.

Stats aside, Gaborik is a stud. He's exactly what Detroit should be trying to acquire since we failed to sign a certain sniper last off season.

I'd love Gabby, definitely a risk though. Not quite a playoff performer either. He won't solve everything but it'd be exciting.

Of course he wouldn't be acquired to solve everything, but he'd sure as heck be a start.

His entire team is underachieving. The WHOLE team. Gaborik and Dats on a line would be ridiculous. He likely needs a change of scenery from the mess in NY.

TRADE HOLLAND! I don't care if we miss the playoffs this year, I don't care that he hasn't (& wont) make a big free agent splash. I care that he has not fundimentaly changed this team for the better. For three years. Love the Tooto, Brunner & maybe Danny D. Bit the Quincy deal, The E deal, We are a team of good third or fourth liners with the exception of 5 or 6 players. Maybe 5 or 6. He is a hack. Drives me crazy that JimmyD & Mr. I (who I am thankful for) don't seem to be reacting to Holland's inaction. Maybe if enough people stopped buying Little Ceasars Pizza for a month they would notice.

TRADE HOLLAND! I don't care if we miss the playoffs this year, I don't care that he hasn't (& wont) make a big free agent splash. I care that he has not fundimentaly changed this team for the better. For three years. Love the Tooto, Brunner & maybe Danny D. Bit the Quincy deal, The E deal, We are a team of good third or fourth liners with the exception of 5 or 6 players. Maybe 5 or 6. He is a hack. Drives me crazy that JimmyD & Mr. I (who I am thankful for) don't seem to be reacting to Holland's inaction. Maybe if enough people stopped buying Little Ceasars Pizza for a month they would notice.

Don't forget Glass Groin at 3 million...good lord

Guest Crymson

Teams are businesses. That's one reason why Holland is unwilling to trade away future assets: it's better business for a team to remai ncompetitive but not good enough to win it all than it is for teams to go far sometimes and tank the rest.

Guest Crymson

I wonder if Mike Ilitch even knows there's a trade deadline tomorrow?

Or is he too busy blushing at the Tigers?

I don't think that Mike Ilitch is fully aware of much that's going on around him, sadly. Age has taken its toll.

Edited by Crymson