• Please log in to reply
189 replies to this topic

#181 Number19

Number19

I like our team

• PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:24 PM

Yikes, Tampa just traded away their 4th leading scorer and youngest player, Toronto still has no goalie, Florida did nothing like usual, Buffalo traded away their captain for prospects, Boston traded for Jagr and Redden(looking good for the 03 stanley cup not so much next year). Really Ottawa is the only one that really improved much.

Just because we didn't go after doesn't signal the demise of a great franchise.

You know what would? If we traded away Jarnkrok and Mrazek to Buffalo for pominville. Then Buffalo turns around and traded Miller for a huge scorer. And the Jarnkrok develops into the #1 center adn Mrazek turns into a Vezina candidate and we have to face them 4 times a year in division. That would be pretty s***ty no?

Yeah, in that dream world it would be. Pretty sure Jarnkrok is not projected to be a number 1 center and Mrazek a Vezina candidate (would be sweet tho!). I think sherwood40 is using a hint of sarcasm here. Many of us might be complaining about being a treadmill team but I don't think anyone here is expecting a 40 year cup drought.

#182 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,196 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:30 PM

Ryan Clowe got his first 2 goals of the season agains the Penguins.  Holland sure missed the boat on that slug.  :lol:

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#183 TheOwl

TheOwl

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:43 PM

Ryan Clowe got his first 2 goals of the season agains the Penguins.  Holland sure missed the boat on that slug.  :lol:

He sure did, 3 point night. The guy just needed to change teams to catch fire. He's a hell of a player, perfect for the Wings.

#184 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,196 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:34 PM

He sure did, 3 point night. The guy just needed to change teams to catch fire. He's a hell of a player, perfect for the Wings.

I was being sarcastic.  I hate Clowe.  I just thought it was funny he got his first 2 goals against the Pens in a 6-1 win.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#185 BadgerBob

BadgerBob

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:45 PM

Wow, that's pretty much just a list of 3rd and 4th liners and 5th and 6th defensemen.  Awesome.  Can't wait to not acquire a scoring winger in the offseason as well.  Thank god Nyquist is the answer to that problem...oh wait...nevermind. 

Yeah lots of guys around the age of 35 and towards the back end of their careers on that list. I however think it'd be nice to acquire Horton and/or Clarkson. They're both physical and Horton is a right handed shot which we need. I think both are far fetched ideas but I'd love to have Horton.

#186 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 12:12 AM

Oh really? First he made a pass to a wide-open Richards, then he got a gift puck right in front of Fleury for a goal, and then later on he got the puck for a tap-in into a wide-open net.

If that constitutes "catching fire," then I think Manhattan should save money by closing a few fire stations.

Edited by Crymson, 04 April 2013 - 01:43 AM.

#187 Johnz96

Johnz96

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 12:26 AM

Yeah lots of guys around the age of 35 and towards the back end of their careers on that list. I however think it'd be nice to acquire Horton and/or Clarkson. They're both physical and Horton is a right handed shot which we need. I think both are far fetched ideas but I'd love to have Horton.

I think Holland wants a power forward.
Either one of those guys would be great additions. Maybe Iginla will realize that Crosby's a ****** and might be available. I think if we can get a bona fide power forward for the top 6, Ericcson continues to develop and if Smith, Kindl and/or Deke (can't wait to see him play) could develop into good top 4 d-men, and/or add a solid vet on d that we could be a Cup favorite next year. 

And get rid of some of the excess baggage

Datsyuk-Brunner-Clakson/Horton/Iginla

Zetterberg-Franzen-Filppula
Helm-Nyquist-Tatar

Abdelkader-Tootoo-Samuelsson/Anderson
Kronwall-Ericsson

Smith-Kindl

Dekeyser/Robidas-Quincey/Lashoff

Edited by Johnz96, 04 April 2013 - 01:01 AM.

#188 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 06:31 AM

I think Holland wants a power forward.
Either one of those guys would be great additions. Maybe Iginla will realize that Crosby's a ****** and might be available. I think if we can get a bona fide power forward for the top 6, Ericcson continues to develop and if Smith, Kindl and/or Deke (can't wait to see him play) could develop into good top 4 d-men, and/or add a solid vet on d that we could be a Cup favorite next year. 

And get rid of some of the excess baggage

Datsyuk-Brunner-Clakson/Horton/Iginla

Zetterberg-Franzen-Filppula
Helm-Nyquist-Tatar

Abdelkader-Tootoo-Samuelsson/Anderson
Kronwall-Ericsson

Smith-Kindl

Dekeyser/Robidas-Quincey/Lashoff

That Datsyuk-Brunner-Clarkson-Horton-Iginla line would seriously wreck shop.  Strength in numbers.  Get it done Kenny or you're fired, signed LGW.  :lol:

Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams

#189 ZforC

ZforC

Draftee

• 8 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 07:30 AM

Because the Wings didn't tank it for a decade like all of the teams who employee these guys? Instead, they have Datsyuk and Zetterberg who were sixth and seventh round picks and are arguably better than everyone on this list. Datsyuk is BY far the most underrated player in the league and should be a hart canidite year in a and year out but that will never happen as long as Cindy is still playing( And yes I truely HATE SIndey Crosby. More than I hated claude and the avs. I think he is a cheapshot crybaby and wish he woul retire already.

#190 Johnz96

Johnz96

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 11:03 AM

That Datsyuk-Brunner-Clarkson-Horton-Iginla line would seriously wreck shop.  Strength in numbers.  Get it done Kenny or you're fired, signed LGW.  :lol:

One of Clarkson, Horton or Iginla. Lol