• Please log in to reply
189 replies to this topic

#21 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,564 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 03:07 PM

Please call ..Fedorov.. and ask 6 new russian players....come on....

LOL you think Feds is going to help Ken Holland??

#22 Red Crazy

Red Crazy

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 03:10 PM

Because the Wings didn't tank it for a decade like all of the teams who employee these guys? Instead, they have Datsyuk and Zetterberg who were sixth and seventh round picks and are arguably better than everyone on this list.

I agree with this completely but they have absolutely nobody to play with. If Z and Pavel don't score....we lose. Ken Holland bet on Mule over Hossa and lost big time. Mule is one of the laziest players in the NHL if not the most lazy. Holland is probably going to hand Fil a big sack of money that he in no way deserves. 

#23 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 03:28 PM

I completely understand where everyone is coming from, but Holland was quoted as saying that he'd "see how the next 6 games" went - right? Now that they're currently standing at 7th in the West, could anyone see the flip side of the coin where management decides that this fringe team isn't worth making deadline acquisitions?

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#24 Red Crazy

Red Crazy

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 03:33 PM

I completely understand where everyone is coming from, but Holland was quoted as saying that he'd "see how the next 6 games" went - right? Now that they're currently standing at 7th in the West, could anyone see the flip side of the coin where management decides that this fringe team isn't worth making deadline acquisitions?

I could totally see that happening but if Holland thinks that he needs to sell Fil for the highest bidder and shop Mule.

#25 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,742 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 03:36 PM

Pulock is projected to go in the top eight. It would take a whole lot of trading up in order to get there.

As for getting Gaborik without giving up a 1st... yeah, not happening.

What's wrong with giving up a first?  We gave one up last year for a crappy player.  

I know the pick will have a little higher value because of our standing, but Holland has never valued high picks before.

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#26 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,701 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 03:38 PM

I don't exactly know why Holland is so opposed to trading his first rounder.  We signed Dekeyser, he's essentially a top ten pick.  So if you moved our first rounder it's not like you didn't get a high caliber young guy this year. 

I wouldn't throw it away for nothing, but if I could use it to get Gaborik I'd do so in a second knowing that in spite of having no first rounder this year, we did acquire Gabby and Dekeyser instead. 

f*** that pick. 

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#27 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,920 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 03:39 PM

I agree with this completely but they have absolutely nobody to play with. If Z and Pavel don't score....we lose. Ken Holland bet on Mule over Hossa and lost big time. Mule is one of the laziest players in the NHL if not the most lazy. Holland is probably going to hand Fil a big sack of money that he in no way deserves. 

Ok enough Hossa vs. Franzen talk...

How quickly people forget Hossa was one of the ones blamed for not winning the 2009 Stanley Cup. Hossa only had 15 points in 23 playoff games, and we were very disappointed in his lack of scoring in the finals. Franzen had 23 pts in 23 playoff games, and 18 pts in 16 playoff games in 2008. Personally 99.99999% of us would have been pissed if Holland signed Hossa over Franzen after 2009.

Since the 2008-09 season Hossa has 208 pts in 231 regular season games (90%), Franzen 150 pts in 208 games (72%). Hossa has a cap hit of $5,275,000, Franzen $3,954,545. Franzen get's paid 75% of what Hossa does.

I wouldn't even say hindsight is 20/20, because for dollar value, it's even.

Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#28 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,564 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 03:47 PM

35228796.jpg

#29 Shaman

Shaman

Die hard Red Wing fan and realist.

• Silver Booster
  • 3,841 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 03:49 PM

How quickly people forget Hossa was one of the ones blamed for not winning the 2009 Stanley Cup. Hossa only had 15 points in 23 playoff games, and we were very disappointed in his lack of scoring in the finals. Franzen had 23 pts in 23 playoff games, and 18 pts in 16 playoff games in 2008. Personally 99.99999% of us would have been pissed if Holland signed Hossa over Franzen after 2009.

Since the 2008-09 season Hossa has 208 pts in 231 regular season games (90%), Franzen 150 pts in 208 games (72%). Hossa has a cap hit of $5,275,000, Franzen $3,954,545. Franzen get's paid 75% of what Hossa does.

Except Holland knew that Hossa was injured and wasn't at his peak in the playoffs. They let go of the last person to score 40 goals for the Wings for a guy who takes whole weeks off from doing anything relevant.

Feuer und Wasser kommt nicht zusammen
Kann man nicht binden sind nicht verwandt
In Funken versunken steh ich in Flammen
und bin im Wasser verbrannt
Im Wasser verbrannt

#30 esmeralda575

esmeralda575

Please trade..CLEARY.. for a bola popcorn

• Restricted
  • 12 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 03:50 PM

But Mr. Ilich have money too by, players..

For the same reason you've seen so much success over the past 20 years: the Wings have never sucked enough to get top-five draft picks.

Does that answer your question?

,, Please trade ,,CLEARY,, for a bola popcorn.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#31 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 03:52 PM

What's wrong with giving up a first?  We gave one up last year for a crappy player.  

I know the pick will have a little higher value because of our standing, but Holland has never valued high picks before.

Last year's draft was considered very weak. This year's draft is extremely deep.

But Mr. Ilich have money too by, players..

Darn it, what is it you don't understand about the salary cap?

#32 Shaman

Shaman

• Silver Booster
  • 3,841 posts

"If we wake up and have Bert, Sammy, Quincey and Helm in a couple of weeks," Holland said, "there's not a move I could make that would be much better than that."

Holland at his best. Per the Free Press today.

Im Wasser verbrannt

#33 mjtm77

mjtm77

mjtm77

• PipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

cant back holland on that one, he screwed up

Posted Image

#34 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 03:53 PM

Except Holland knew that Hossa was injured and wasn't at his peak in the playoffs. They let go of the last person to score 40 goals for the Wings for a guy who takes whole weeks off from doing anything relevant.

Some people around here really, really love hindsight. To that point, Franzen was a player who put forth maximum effort in every game and looked to have tremendous potential. He was signed on a reasonable contract. Did you perhaps expect Holland to see into the future? If there's a GM in any sport capable of such divination, I haven't heard of him.

Edited by Crymson, 31 March 2013 - 03:54 PM.

#35 Shaman

Shaman

• Silver Booster
  • 3,841 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 03:53 PM

Last year's draft was considered very weak. This year's draft is extremely deep.

Darn it, what is it you don't understand about the salary cap?

Quoted for truth, this would be the year to not only hang onto draft picks, but to try to stockpile a few. As I keep saying the CBA is built in a way that a team with a lot of youth is reward, and a team with a lot of vets is penalized. 

Im Wasser verbrannt

#36 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,564 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 03:54 PM

ARGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

#37 Shaman

Shaman

• Silver Booster
  • 3,841 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 03:54 PM

Some people around here really, really love hindsight. To that point, Franzen was a player who put forth maximum effort in every game and looked to have tremendous potential. He was signed on a reasonable contract. Did you perhaps expect Holland to see into the future? If you can find a GM capable of such divination, please let us know. I'd like some lottery numbers.

Ray Shero, he knew Crosby was going to get it in the jaw so he got 2 captains before it even happened.

Im Wasser verbrannt

#38 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 03:55 PM

I'm fine with that, really. This is an awful time for the team to be giving up prospects and draft picks.

#39 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,635 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 04:47 PM

Lets not forget to mention, Hossa is the best defensive elite winger in the league. Franzen is.... yeah, Franzen.

#40 beachwing

beachwing

Reader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 04:56 PM

I would venture a 'guess' that the LGW board was 70-30 for us keeping Franzen over Hossa. All the folks justifying it cuz of Hossas one armed playoff collapse.

Big deal , Kenny mAy redo that one if given the chance but lets move forward.