• Please log in to reply
189 replies to this topic

#61 Playmaker

Playmaker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:53 PM

lets all stop talking about the past, it is over. Discussing further is a waste of time. The only real question is, what do we do between now and Wednesday? I like our D, so all take of picking up more D seems to be misguided. Unless we are picking up a true #1 that is RHed. We need Forwards that can score, plain and simple. But we are not going to get a 40+ goal scorer. Just isn't out there. So we will need to take some risks. Find those guys that have already shown than can score 20+ goals in their past, that are also signed, and under 30 years of age. There are several guys like that available.

In another thread I mentioned several. 2 of which Kulimein of Tor and Stafford of Buf come to mind. van wants to move louango, Tor wants him, and vac wants a 2nd line C. Tor doesn't want to move Bozak. This sound like a perfect Filppula move to me. Fil to Van, Louango to Tor, and recent 30 goal scorer Kulimein to us. Now is that so hard? Make that move.

Then move Nyquist for Stafford. That gives us 2 former 30 goal scorers, both of which are signed for at least 1 more year, both under 30 (27 each), both are 6-2/215ish. Both are good 2 way players. The only cost is a future 2 way playmaking passing C. Simple and stright forward deals that should help us right now, and for the next couple of years.

I don't know that I totally agree with it, but I do appreciate the logical thinking with actual moves that make sense.  Filppula's total lack of production this year may prevent a decent return, but the idea is sound.

#62 derblaueClaus

derblaueClaus

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:54 PM

And the problem with trading is to find someone who will.  In the West some teams won't trade with us because we still may meet them in the playoffs while some teams in the east won't trade with us because we will face them next season in our new division. And even if they will the price would be significantly higher than usual. It is the worst time to trade for the Red Wings, it will get better when the season is over. Stick with the tools we have and make some moves during the offseason, in which the new CBA will also help us. 

"I'd have my **** out if I scored four goals. Id have my **** out, stroking it." - "Jumbo" Joe Thornton

Monsterblue.jpg

Thanks MabusIncarnate

#63 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,774 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:56 PM

Last year's draft sucked, so it ain't that big of a deal.

Dekeyser wasn't ready until late in the season, and there's no way to tell if that drafted player would have amounted to anything even within the next several years.

Yours is conjecture, and most likely incorrect conjecture. If Holland hadn't picked up Quincey, you'd probably now be talking about how he did nothing to replace Stuart. I guess there's no pleasing some people.

Untrue, else he'd not have been passed over for the Selke every single season of his career.

Right because I complain all the time on the forums. I wouldn't have said anything. Keep the first rounder and draft a player, Quicey hasn't changed a thing on this Wings roster this year. We had him, then traded to get him back ? Pretty ridiculous.

If you think Hossa isn't the best defensive winger in the game, even though it has been mentioned by hockey players that have far greater knowledge than you and me both (including Datsyuk complimenting how great his defensive game is) then i'm betting you don't watch much games.

#64 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 07:00 PM

The Wings should trade for Ryan Clowe. Trade and sign, no rental bs. Clowe will greatly help the Wings now, and when the Wings move to the East. The move to the east could make trading Clowe more digestable to the Sharks.

Are you keeping track of his season thus far? He has been horrific. He has zero goals, a feat matched on the Sharks only by a grinder who has a whopping seven goals in his three seasons with the Sharks. Clowe has been ineffective, slow, and lacking in intensity. He is this season's Scott Gomez. No thanks.

#65 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 07:11 PM

Lets keep our 1st and 2nd rounders this year. Thisyears team iisn't winning the cup and we need high picks to build for a faster better future

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#66 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,947 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 07:12 PM

Lets keep our 1st and 2nd rounders this year. Thisyears team iisn't winning the cup and we need high picks to build for a faster better future

Not even if there's a "Kyle Quincey type" available?

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#67 sputman

sputman

4th Line Baggage

• HoF Booster
  • 3,080 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 07:22 PM

Please call ..Fedorov.. and ask 6 new russian players....come on....

What's that Lassie? Someone's in trouble?

Posted Image

#68 Shaman

Shaman

Die hard Red Wing fan and realist.

• Silver Booster
  • 3,846 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 07:31 PM

Kyle Quincey type deals only come around once every 100 years or so. You don't stop to think about it, you give up your first and say 'Jack F***ing POT!'

100 out of 30 GMs agree, Kyle Quincey is Bobby Orr without all that scoring to get in his way, and Nick Lidstrom if he wasn't a puss.

Edited by Shaman464, 31 March 2013 - 07:36 PM.

Feuer und Wasser kommt nicht zusammen
Kann man nicht binden sind nicht verwandt
In Funken versunken steh ich in Flammen
und bin im Wasser verbrannt
Im Wasser verbrannt

#69 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 07:51 PM

Who got drafted with the 1st that we lost to that excellent hockey player?

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#70 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,947 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 07:59 PM

Who got drafted with the 1st that we lost to that excellent hockey player?

Does it matter?  Why are we responsible for who Tampa does and doesn't draft?  

It was a dumb trade, that's all.  Even at the time.  

#71 dats13owns

dats13owns

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 08:06 PM

I would venture a 'guess' that the LGW board was 70-30 for us keeping Franzen over Hossa. All the folks justifying it cuz of Hossas one armed playoff collapse.

Big deal , Kenny mAy redo that one if given the chance but lets move forward.

Hey, Hossa was great in game 3's in that playoff run!

#72 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,947 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 08:08 PM

Except in the Finals.  

#73 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 08:09 PM

Except in the Finals.  

Datsyuk and Homer weren't much better as well.

bringit.jpg

#74 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 09:25 PM

It was game 4s. Two against Columbus, two against Anaheim, two against Chicago.

And that was the entirety of his scoring.

Datsyuk and Homer weren't much better as well.

Datsyuk was playing with a badly injured foot, and Holmstrom had major groin problems.

#75 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 09:28 PM

It was game 4s. Two against Columbus, two against Anaheim, two against Chicago.

And that was the entirety of his scoring.

Datsyuk was playing with a badly injured foot, and Holmstrom had major groin problems.

And hossa was playing with a bum shoulder that required surgery. But that's not important because it doesn't fit your argument.

#76 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,735 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 09:29 PM

The must frustrating thing for me is to see Dats out there with guys like Abdelkader.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#77 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 09:40 PM

Does it matter?  Why are we responsible for who Tampa does and doesn't draft?  

It was a dumb trade, that's all.  Even at the time.  

Another good point, it doesn't matter who the pick is, I'd rather have the potential of the 1st round pick than paying Quincey almost 4 mil per season.  But originally the point was that i'd rather have the pick that Tampa got.

#78 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,885 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 09:50 PM

Another good point, it doesn't matter who the pick is, I'd rather have the potential of the 1st round pick than paying Quincey almost 4 mil per season.  But originally the point was that i'd rather have the pick that Tampa got.

they took a goalie

G ANDREI VASILEVSKI 19TH OVERALL

#79 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,947 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 10:00 PM

they took a goalie

G ANDREI VASILEVSKI 19TH OVERALL

He can't be this good.

21309-004-D30BFB14.jpg

#80 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 10:28 PM

Are you keeping track of his season thus far? He has been horrific. He has zero goals, a feat matched on the Sharks only by a grinder who has a whopping seven goals in his three seasons with the Sharks. Clowe has been ineffective, slow, and lacking in intensity. He is this season's Scott Gomez. No thanks.

Agree with your post 100%. Do I think the person suggesting getting a forward similar to Ryan Clowe in his playing style? No, I think that's desperately what this team needs, but not Clowe himself.