• Please log in to reply
189 replies to this topic

#141 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:19 PM

How about no. Hes making 7.5 million a season, and is 19 pts in 33 games. He is not young, he is not durable, he is not the answer.

His entire team is underachieving.  The WHOLE team.  Gaborik and Dats on a line would be ridiculous.  He likely needs a change of scenery from the mess in NY.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#142 Number19

Number19

I like our team

• PipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:22 PM

Of course he wouldn't be acquired to solve everything, but he'd sure as heck be a start.

Agreed!

#143 pondrocket

pondrocket

Rookie

• Pip
  • 197 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:44 PM

TRADE HOLLAND!  I don't care if we miss the playoffs this year,  I don't care that he hasn't (& wont) make a big free agent splash.  I care that he has not fundimentaly changed this team for the better.  For three years.  Love the Tooto, Brunner & maybe Danny D.  Bit the Quincy deal, The E deal, We are a team of good third or fourth liners with the exception of 5 or 6 players.  Maybe 5 or 6.    He is a hack.  Drives me crazy that JimmyD & Mr. I (who I am thankful for) don't seem to be reacting to Holland's inaction.  Maybe if enough people stopped buying Little Ceasars Pizza for a month they would notice.

#144 Wings3:16

Wings3:16

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:49 PM

TRADE HOLLAND!  I don't care if we miss the playoffs this year,  I don't care that he hasn't (& wont) make a big free agent splash.  I care that he has not fundimentaly changed this team for the better.  For three years.  Love the Tooto, Brunner & maybe Danny D.  Bit the Quincy deal, The E deal, We are a team of good third or fourth liners with the exception of 5 or 6 players.  Maybe 5 or 6.    He is a hack.  Drives me crazy that JimmyD & Mr. I (who I am thankful for) don't seem to be reacting to Holland's inaction.  Maybe if enough people stopped buying Little Ceasars Pizza for a month they would notice.

Don't forget Glass Groin at 3 million...good lord

Wings in 2013...Bring the Cup back to Hockeytown!

#145 HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Hi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,152 posts
  • Location:Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 762.20 miles from the Joe Louis Arena

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:00 PM

What's up with all these new faces on here with doom and gloom posts 24/7? I seriously laugh at probably 95% of these people posts.

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

#146 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:02 PM

Teams are businesses. That's one reason why Holland is unwilling to trade away future assets: it's better business for a team to remai ncompetitive but not good enough to win it all than it is for teams to go far sometimes and tank the rest. 

#147 anthonyn66

anthonyn66

Wings fan in Leaf Nation

• PipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:18 PM

#148 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 21,064 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:22 PM

I wonder if Mike Ilitch even knows there's a trade deadline tomorrow?

Or is he too busy blushing at the Tigers?

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#149 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:25 PM

I wonder if Mike Ilitch even knows there's a trade deadline tomorrow?

Or is he too busy blushing at the Tigers?

I don't think that Mike Ilitch is fully aware of much that's going on around him, sadly. Age has taken its toll.

Edited by Crymson, 02 April 2013 - 09:25 PM.

#150 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:04 PM

Yeah...Dats and Gaborik won't make a good combo.  :lol:

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#151 DetroitRedWings1993

DetroitRedWings1993

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:08 PM

I don't think that Mike Ilitch is fully aware of much that's going on around him, sadly. Age has taken its toll.

I sometimes confuse him and Ted Lindsay.  Either I'm a terrible fan...or I'm onto something.

The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring is rated PG-13 for epic battle sequences.

#152 pondrocket

pondrocket

Rookie

• Pip
  • 197 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:30 PM

Teams are businesses. That's one reason why Holland is unwilling to trade away future assets: it's better business for a team to remai ncompetitive but not good enough to win it all than it is for teams to go far sometimes and tank the rest. 

Exactly, if I allowed my teritory to to slip each year & I couldn't demonstrate that I was looking at my businesess in new ways & had a strategy to improve it & didn't execute any meaningful changes within three years.  I would be gone.  It is a business.

#153 BadgerBob

BadgerBob

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:31 PM

Yeah...Dats and Gaborik won't make a good combo.  :lol:

God that was filthy.

#154 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:50 AM

Exactly, if I allowed my teritory to to slip each year & I couldn't demonstrate that I was looking at my businesess in new ways & had a strategy to improve it & didn't execute any meaningful changes within three years.  I would be gone.  It is a business.

The business is doing just fine.

#155 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,298 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:18 AM

Do you have a source for that?  

He certainly looks physically frail but isn't he still giving interviews? 

You've been awfully quick to call him senile and a drunk, but I haven't heard anything about dementia or whatever it is you're implying.  Wondering if I've missed something as I don't live in Detroit anymore so I don't follow the local news there.

#156 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,138 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:59 PM

Do you have a source for that?  

He certainly looks physically frail but isn't he still giving interviews? 

You've been awfully quick to call him senile and a drunk, but I haven't heard anything about dementia or whatever it is you're implying.  Wondering if I've missed something as I don't live in Detroit anymore so I don't follow the local news there.

so what if he is drunk, what difference does that make to anyone? the guy is an 85 year old billionaire, maybe he just wants to eat a hot n ready, have some beers and watch the tigers, who cares

#157 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 23,340 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:45 PM

If Holland stands pat at this deadline, then I'm joining the "Fire Holland" crowd. 

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#158 TheOwl

TheOwl

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:54 PM

Anyone who thinks trading for Gaborik would be a mistake is a fool. He would instantly be our second best goal scorer on the team, if not the best. Wings needed someone exactly like him.

Is it just me, or has Holland not made a signifcant move since signing Hossa? I mean come on, almost every single player on the roster has been drafted by the Wings.

#159 canadian wings fan

canadian wings fan

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:55 PM

its the truth. Let's all give Holland a standing ovation for his excellent trade deadline acquistions. Mikeal Samuelson, Todd Bertuzzi, and Darren Helm

#160 pondrocket

pondrocket

Rookie

• Pip
  • 197 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:56 PM

The business is doing just fine.

If becoming less significant, selling less merch (globally), drawing less in other arenas (compared to last 10 years), less attractive to free agents and being less competative is the definition of doing fine you have no concept of determining any business's health.  Cheers to you & to having enough time (clearly not being intimate with any business) to do another 10,000.00 posts.