• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
SimonSin

Lindy Ruff an option?

Rate this topic

Is Lindy Ruff an option for next year? I'm not panicking here and not trying to overreact but Babcock's been here for nine years. Is it time to move on and try something new? What about Ruff? We're bringing in a guy that is very familiar with the East where the Wings will be playing next year. What do you guys think?

Is Lindy Ruff an option for next year? I'm not panicking here and not trying to overreact but Babcock's been here for nine years. Is it time to move on and try something new? What about Ruff? We're bringing in a guy that is very familiar with the East where the Wings will be playing next year. What do you guys think?

I think Babcock is an amazing coach I just don't understand how him and holland are so blind with the lineups, roster moves, and lines itself. After Wednesday (trade deadline) there is no excuse for roster moves, lines, etc... There's no roster limit so no excuse not to play nyquist and Tatar.

0 Stanley Cups, forced firing by the higher ups of the Sabres so thanks but no.

Babcock is not the problem with this team, these are transition years so might as well give it time. Losing some and winning some in a row are exactly the attributes of average teams (only bad teams are worse), so give it time, be sellers and play the kids.

Ya know it's funny. When this season started everyone was chastising our roster, saying we weren't good enough. Declaring us a non-contender/playoff team and stating how we would be lucky to be in the top half of our conference. Too many depth guys not enough impact players.

We lost all those key defencemen and Homer and the decline had dawned upon us.

Yet here we are almost at the trade deadline and still in a playoff spot.

So in summary, if our roster is as bad as people say....If Holland has been that inept over the last couple offseasons/seasons....Why is Babcock taking so much heat?

As much as people may not agree with some of his personnel moves its the bottom-line that matters. We are, so far, in a playoff spot with this roster full of "depth players".

Quite frankly I think he's done just fine with what he has to work with and hope he stays here for years to come.

Very good point, given the players Babcock has to work with I think he has done a marvelous job. Can't mention it often enough, the Detroit Red Wings used to be a team with a ton of superstars now they are down to two and a lot! of either over the hill -or- depth players so expecting to compete with the tank to win powerhouses is just asking too much.

Guest Crymson

Awful kneejerk post. Fans from around the league will tell you the Babcock is one of the best in the business. Despite being given a very average roster and a ridiculous load of injuries, the team is in playoff contention.

Guest Crymson

It's not Babcock's fault when terrible bounces happen, or when Cleary has a brainfart and horribly blows coverage, or when Kindl puts the puck in his own net, and so on and so forth.

Holland is the guy you need to point fingers at. He has done dick to improve this team lately. I always liked the saying "GM's fire coaches before people catch on that its their fault" Babcock is a great coach trying to coach a team full of plugs.

Ya Babcock has done a great job. But he still doesn't play the right players in the right spots

haha these comments always make me laugh. You state, so confidently, that Mike Babcock is an idiot when it comes to coaching, and you, Flipper51, are more knowledgeable in roster decisions and lines.. Today was a bad game, but that happens. Babcock is a big reason this team is doing as well as it has this season.

Holland is the guy you need to point fingers at. He has done **** to improve this team lately. I always liked the saying "GM's fire coaches before people catch on that its their fault" Babcock is a great coach trying to coach a team full of plugs.

I agree that a lot of the blame should be on holland. But please tell my why nyquist didn't play today knowing that we lost a tun of offense in zetterberg. Or why Sammy was ahead of brunner in the lineup today even tho brunner is our 2nd leading scorer and has been busting his ass the last 5 games.

You can blame Kenny which yes definitely he deserves, but babs should take some blame as well for the lines he puts together.

Guest Crymson

I agree that a lot of the blame should be on holland. But please tell my why nyquist didn't play today knowing that we lost a tun of offense in zetterberg. Or why Sammy was ahead of brunner in the lineup today even tho brunner is our 2nd leading scorer and has been busting his ass the last 5 games.

You can blame Kenny which yes definitely he deserves, but babs should take some blame as well for the lines he puts together.

Nyquist has been completely ineffective, that's why.

The kid needs to spend the summer putting on muscle, and I suspect that's what both he and Tatar will be focusing on. If Mursak wants to have any hope of playing in the NHL, he'll be doing it also.

Edited by Crymson

The problem is not Babcock. The problem is the lack of synergy between Holland and Babcock. Holland doesn't give Babs the kind of team he openly asks for and needs. WTF do you think will happen in that situation?

The kid needs to spend the summer putting on muscle, and I suspect that's what both he and Tatar will be focusing on. If Mursak wants to have any hope of playing in the NHL, he'll be doing it also.

Send the boys to me!!!! Off season mass building program in Florida....you are all invited :)

Oops, and I agree whole heartidily they need mass and strength!

Edited by beachwing

Of course he's been ineffective, every time he's been up he plays fourth line minutes. What do you honestly expect? Who cares that he's weak at least he makes plays. Franzen is big but does he make plays? No how bout cleary? No! The list goes on. At this point I'm not really worrying about how big you are, it's more if you got the offensive instincts and abilities to make plays. We have nobody that creates offense besides pav and hank

Guest Crymson

Of course he's been ineffective, every time he's been up he plays fourth line minutes. What do you honestly expect? Who cares that he's weak at least he makes plays. Franzen is big but does he make plays? No how bout cleary? No! The list goes on. At this point I'm not really worrying about how big you are, it's more if you got the offensive instincts and abilities to make plays. We have nobody that creates offense besides pav and hank

Nyquist spent time on the 1st and 2nd lines against the Sharks and was completely ineffective. He also got plenty of power play time in several games and was absolutely ineffective there. His most notable play was giving up the breakway that led to a penalty shot for the Coyotes.

Edited by Crymson

You could give Nyquist 20 min a night he is NOT NHL ready until he gains some size. I won't argue with you about Mule and Cleary, neither should be on this team.

Nyquist spent time on the 1st and 2nd lines against the Sharks and was completely ineffective. He also got plenty of power play time and was absolutely ineffective there also.

He spent 2 shifts on a top 6 line against the sharks. TWO shifts! Give the guy two or three games with are best players. What's the harm in that? It's not like he's gonna do worse then cleary, miller, Sammy etc

The problem is not Babcock. The problem is the lack of synergy between Holland and Babcock. Holland doesn't give Babs the kind of team he openly asks for and needs. WTF do you think will happen in that situation?

Good use of "synergy". That is all.

Guest Crymson

He spent 2 shifts on a top 6 line against the sharks. TWO shifts! Give the guy two or three games with are best players. What's the harm in that? It's not like he's gonna do worse then cleary, miller, Sammy etc

Did you notice his time on the 2nd power play unit in almost every single game he's been in this season?

Did you notice his time on the 2nd power play unit in almost every single game he's been in this season?

Yes I did notice that. And I notice that it's a better PP with him on it then with him not. Also playing second PP is still not playing with are best players considering all are best players are on the 1st unit

Yes I did notice that. And I notice that it's a better PP with him on it then with him not. Also playing second PP is still not playing with are best players considering all are best players are on the 1st unit

Responsibility should start with Ilitch, who doesn't seem to care that much anymore.

Then it's on Holland for putting this team together.

Next, it would be Babcock. His line combos and giving players like Cleary and Miller opportunities, while Tatar is sent down for scoring, have been absurd.

I don't see Holland getting fired or Ilitch relinquishing the team. If anything, Babcock will be the one to go. That's how it usually goes in pro sports.