• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
SimonSin

Lindy Ruff an option?

Rate this topic

Guest Johnz96

I think the Wings have way above average talent that is not being utilized to it's potential

Guest Crymson

We've got talent rotting in the minors while over-the-hill players like Cleary can't skate a shift without falling on his ass.

Yep, this much I agree with. It's a shame about Cleary. He was one of my favorites.

We've got talent rotting in the minors while over-the-hill players like Cleary can't skate a shift without falling on his ass.

If Huskins can get a conditional 7th pick, Cleary should be worth more than waiving.....yes? :confused:

So you think Datsyuk actually requested them and Babcock was justified in sticking with that line for two weeks, despite their total lack of production.

Brilliant. Maybe Franzen will request playing the point on the powerplay.

And what agenda do you allude to? Criticizing inexplicable lineup decisions and bad personnel moves?

yes, Datsyuk said himself he liked playing with cleary and abby cause they opened up space for him.

Franzen can't get whatever he wants because he doesn't do enough for this team, whereas Pasha is a superstar, so he is allowed to choose the two players on his wing. Why do you think Bert has been on his wing the past couple seasons even when he isn't producing much. It is no coincidence he has Bertuzzi and Franzen on his wings regularly he likes having big guys out there. Abby and cleary were his best options available to him for that.

Reading through a lot of these it got me thinking:

Does anyone think that Babcock is the reason that Holland doesn't make the big gutsy moves? I mean, from what's been said Babcock is a guy who can take depth guys and make them perform above and beyond themselves each night. So why does Holland have to try and shift everything around to bring in a big name when he can rotate the role guys and get the same results/wait for some rookies to develop? With this in mind, would changing Babcock force Holland's hand to bring in new players, or is it time to get a GM that listens to the demands of his coach? Or do we just leave it and keep qualifying into the post-season whilst looking for the 'right' deal to come along?

Conversation starter so please don't have a go at me for suggesting it.

EDIT: Also personally I don't think Ruff is an option since we have a great coach, not all that much is wrong, and Yzerman with all his problems in Tampa (I've been out there for the last three weeks and there's a LOT of problems) passed on him... although Yzerman seems a little insane :P which I personally like in a Manager/Coach/etc

Edited by Wing Across The Pond

yes, Datsyuk said himself he liked playing with cleary and abby cause they opened up space for him.

Franzen can't get whatever he wants because he doesn't do enough for this team, whereas Pasha is a superstar, so he is allowed to choose the two players on his wing. Why do you think Bert has been on his wing the past couple seasons even when he isn't producing much. It is no coincidence he has Bertuzzi and Franzen on his wings regularly he likes having big guys out there. Abby and cleary were his best options available to him for that.

Babcock should be the coach of this team, not Datsyuk. In a shortened season, you can't give a line several weeks to gel together.

Babcock is not the reason for this team not clicking. It's management and we don't have the right product on the ice in order to win a championship. We don't need new coaches or Goaltending. We need a 1st-2nd line forward and a stay at home defensemen.