• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
BottleOfSmoke

Kazakh player killed by hit to head

Rate this topic

Guest irishock

will the individual who hit the player be charged criminally? I have no clue how this stuff works. I guess it depends on whether it was a hockey play or if he just went head hunting?

Depends on Kazakhstan's laws

In Canada you won't be because you had no mens rea (intention to commit the crime)

Edited by irishock

will the individual who hit the player be charged criminally? I have no clue how this stuff works.

That would set a very dangerous precedent, I would think. Just think... every time any hit occured and resulted in injury, felony assault charges could be filed agaist the player who delivered the hit. Imagine what that would do to the game...

This is incredibly sad. I'm torn between wanting to see the hit to see what happened and at the same time not wanting to see a hockey play that ended a guy's life.

My thoughts are with this poor family.

Wasn't a hit to the head. It was a hit to the chest. The player went home, slept overnight, felt sick the next day, called an ambulance and eventually died in the hospital.

Very tragical indeed, but doesn't really have much to do with the actual play.

Finnish player Teemu Elomo who played in that game and saw the hit explained what really happened there. Here's the article.

Edited by Finnish Wing