• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
The Greek

Lashoff sent down to GR

Rate this topic

Why?

http://kuklaskorner.com/tmr/comments/red-wings-make-an-odd-move-to-free-space-for-danny-dekeyser-send-brian-lash

Edit: I guess it's not that weird. Lash can be brought back after Wednesday. Especially considering Gus would be the one sent down instead and we need scoring. A mod should delete this thread, it's pointless.

Edited by The Greek

Guest Crymson

Nyquist is as ineffective this season as he was the last. I don't know why some people are talking as if he's the answer to all of the team's scoring troubles. He will not be NHL-ready until he gets stronger. Right now he's only marginally harder to knock off of the puck than Hudler was.

Nyquist is as ineffective this season as he was the last. I don't know why some people are talking as if he's the answer to all of the team's scoring troubles. He will not be NHL-ready until he gets stronger. Right now he's only marginally harder to knock off of the puck than Hudler was.

He's not that bad. He's not the answer to all the offensive problems, but he has the potential to be a big part of the answer.

And he would help offensively, even with how "ineffective" you seem to think he is, he was still producing at a better rate than Miller, Tootoo, and Emmerton.

Guest Crymson

He's not that bad. He's not the answer to all the offensive problems, but he has the potential to be a big part of the answer.

And he would help offensively, even with how "ineffective" you seem to think he is, he was still producing at a better rate than Miller, Tootoo, and Emmerton.

He has functionally zero chance of being a "big part" of any answer this season.

Edited by Crymson

He has functionally zero chance of being a "big part" of any answer this season.

I just don't understand the hate on Nyquist getting 12 minutes a game to be an answer. Throw him up on the top lines like they did with Hagelin in New York and you'll see him produce(His points per minute is actually higher than Hagelin's fyi). I can't prove it, but I really think it would happen. The guy has too much skill not to be a factor when given the chance.

His potential is still there, and there is no telling the ceiling on this guy. He can still be an elite player, he's only 23 and has barely played a full season of AHL/NHL hockey

not to derail yours guys nyquist debate, but as far as lashoff is concerned, i think this is a move that could be for the best. he has spent significant time in the nhl and now can spend a little time in the ahl working on the parts of his game that weren't nhl ready. this is a much more effective development strategy than just leaving guys in the ahl for years at a time. it causes development to plateau. whereas with this route, lashoff got the chance to grow a ton in the nhl as a regular and now he can take a breather, work on some things, and come back more motivated than ever.

My concern was that this move was done to make room for Carlo Colaiacovo. Having seen him play againt the Aeros this past Friday night, I'd have to say there was absolutely nothing remarkable about his play that would warrant having him up with the big club. I know it was a "conditioning stint", but this guy doesn't look anything like he did when I saw him with St. Louis in years past. Skinner and Paetsch both looked better than he did on the ice.

On the other hand, Tatar and Mursak looked like big-club players that were playing down. Mursak was truly a force to be reckoned with and his speed was a HUGE asset and integral to the Griffins getting the win. All in all, a great first time to see the Griffins, but not a good thing as far as scounting Carlo's potential if/when he gets called up again.

Regs,

Jeff in Houston

My concern was that this move was done to make room for Carlo Colaiacovo. Having seen him play againt the Aeros this past Friday night, I'd have to say there was absolutely nothing remarkable about his play that would warrant having him up with the big club. I know it was a "conditioning stint", but this guy doesn't look anything like he did when I saw him with St. Louis in years past. Skinner and Paetsch both looked better than he did on the ice.

On the other hand, Tatar and Mursak looked like big-club players that were playing down. Mursak was truly a force to be reckoned with and his speed was a HUGE asset and integral to the Griffins getting the win. All in all, a great first time to see the Griffins, but not a good thing as far as scounting Carlo's potential if/when he gets called up again.

Regs,

Jeff in Houston

I thought Mursak and Tatar looked great on Thursday night as well. Too bad they lost that game, out shot the Rampage 40-16 and lost 4-1. Did you notice Jarnkrok at all? He was quiet when I saw him play.

The players you mentioned play totally different roles than Nyquist. Of course he should out-produce them, they're bottom-6 forwards. Emmerton had a goal last night. I forgot Nyquist existed last night.

Not only that, but Nyquist, along with most of our prospects at forward, will be eaten alive in the East. Far too small and lacking physicality and defense. Andersson might do okay.

I just don't understand the hate on Nyquist getting 12 minutes a game to be an answer. Throw him up on the top lines like they did with Hagelin in New York and you'll see him produce(His points per minute is actually higher than Hagelin's fyi). I can't prove it, but I really think it would happen. The guy has too much skill not to be a factor when given the chance.

His potential is still there, and there is no telling the ceiling on this guy. He can still be an elite player, he's only 23 and has barely played a full season of AHL/NHL hockey

That's the problem, skill alone isn't enough to be effective in the NHL. Ville Leino has skill, so does Linus Omark, Fabian Brunnstrom, etc. The reason why these guys don't do well in the NHL is because they rely on skill only, and don't go to the right areas, aren't strong enough to protect the puck, have zero tenacity, etc. It's easy as hell to keep these guys to the outside and limit their chances to nothing.

The difference between Tatar and Nyquist is evidence enough of this. One of them attacks the net aggressively and creates chances for himself in prime scoring areas, while the other dipsy doodles around pretending to be Datsyuk. Problem is, Datsyuk attacks (usually) and Nyquist seems to think he can just stickhandle around everybody. He can't.

Regs,

Jeff in Houston

They moved him to make room for dekeyser, they traded Husky and sent down Lashoff so we could sign dekeyser and take carlo off of IR. Ya it sucks, but after wednesday the roster limit is gone and we can bring Lashoff back up. Lashoff is still waiver exempt this season, so it would make no sense to put someone else on waivers...

The players you mentioned play totally different roles than Nyquist. Of course he should out-produce them, they're bottom-6 forwards. Emmerton had a goal last night. I forgot Nyquist existed last night.

Not only that, but Nyquist, along with most of our prospects at forward, will be eaten alive in the East. Far too small and lacking physicality and defense. Andersson might do okay.

Nyquist didn't play last night.

And that's flat out wrong about the East. Kadri, St. Louis, Hodgson, Marchand, Ennis, Stepan, Conacher, and Hagelin have/had no problem producing in the eastern conference. And are all under 6 feet and around 185-195 like Nyquist.

Obviously Nyquist needs to gain some strength, but he's not going to get "eaten alive".

That's the problem, skill alone isn't enough to be effective in the NHL. Ville Leino has skill, so does Linus Omark, Fabian Brunnstrom, etc. The reason why these guys don't do well in the NHL is because they rely on skill only, and don't go to the right areas, aren't strong enough to protect the puck, have zero tenacity, etc. It's easy as hell to keep these guys to the outside and limit their chances to nothing.

You and I don't watch the same games. Nyquist is a much better skater and effort guy then any of those players.

He does rely on his skill too much, I agree. But he's not given offensive play makers to play with, he only plays a bottom 6 minutes. It's too small a sample size to claim the guy can't play at this level. Datsyuk's first 20 games he had 7 points, Zetterberg was much the same.

Edited by Carman

Guest Crymson

Truly, truly arbitrary. How many times have we seen people claim that the West is the more physical conference?

Guest DeGraa55

Truly, truly arbitrary. How many times have we seen people claim that the West is the more physical conference?

I've never heard that. Considering proven stats say otherwise.

The difference between Tatar and Nyquist is evidence enough of this. One of them attacks the net aggressively and creates chances for himself in prime scoring areas, while the other dipsy doodles around pretending to be Datsyuk. Problem is, Datsyuk attacks (usually) and Nyquist seems to think he can just stickhandle around everybody. He can't.

Ya I have to agree with you, Tatar looks far more NHL ready than Nyquist. Why they sent him down is beyond me. He was scoring goals and he pressures the puck pretty good as well. We're having trouble scoring goals, he should be here and he should be playing with Datsyuk and/or Zetterberg. He has way better finish than Abby and Cleary.

Datsyuk had 9 points in his first 33 games, Nyquist has 12(Same age as well for the most part). I think that people are too hard on Nyquist, he's done nothing to hurt his potential on being a great player for us. People really undervalue him here. I really like Tatar as well, but I wasn't comparing the two, I'm just saying Nyquist can be a big part of our scoring solution if he can get hot towards the end of his first season, I don't see how this is a surprising opinion.

(Yikes just noticed the title of this thread, my bad got sidetracked quite a bit=(

Edited by Carman

Ya Nyquist could become an important to us down the road, but Tatar is more of what we need now.

Datsyuk had 9 points in his first 33 games, Nyquist has 12(Same age as well for the most part). I think that people are too hard on Nyquist, he's done nothing to hurt his potential on being a great player for us. People really undervalue him here. I really like Tatar as well, but I wasn't comparing the two, I'm just saying Nyquist can be a big part of our scoring solution if he can get hot towards the end of his first season, I don't see how this is a surprising opinion.

(Yikes just noticed the title of this thread, my bad got sidetracked quite a bit=(