• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
nyqvististhefuture

mattias backman alot like jonas brodin?

Rate this topic

just heard pierre mcguire ranting about our defensive prospects on the radio and he said how backman was a tremendous player and plays alot like jonas brodin ... wow i had high hopes for backman because i get excited for every swede we draft but jonas brodin is amazing and if backman is anywhere near as good as him we got a hell of a future player

he also mentioned we got the western collegiate hockey defensemen of the year (nick jenson) ... mentioned ouellet dekeyser and sproul

gotta say the future looks bright

Agreed! Now we need to draft forwards that score...

jurco and frk look promising!! yes, they're a little away but if I'm excited for their development for sure!

pulkkinen and jarnkrok have potential too.

add that to tatar and nyq among others and the future looks bright all around. :lol:

Backman has also been touted as an Edler like player. And Z's regressing, if we're talking about this year could be that he's been nursing an apparent sore groin which is where ALL of his speed has gone. He's been awesome this year aside from the past few games, hence the healthy scratch last game and a 7-1 spanking from the Hawks.