• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Manny>Ozzie(by a long shot)

Red Wings/ NHL April Fools

Rate this topic

I was trying to think of what would be excellent thread titles for April fools jokes related to Red Wings/ NHL topics. Since such threads would lead to banishment (rightfully so) I though we could post them here in a responsible manner for entertainment value.

I remember 10-15 years ago a Detroit radio station started an April Fools about the Wings moving to Windsor. I believe they even got Darren McCarty to call in and play along. I remember being absolutely devastated. People were calling in a talking about destroying all of their Wings gear. Anyone remember that?

I was trying to think of what would be excellent thread titles for April fools jokes related to Red Wings/ NHL topics. Since such threads would lead to banishment (rightfully so) I though we could post them here in a responsible manner for entertainment value.

I remember 10-15 years ago a Detroit radio station started an April Fools about the Wings moving to Windsor. I believe they even got Darren McCarty to call in and play along. I remember being absolutely devastated. People were calling in a talking about destroying all of their Wings gear. Anyone remember that?

Lol...Windsor Wings, that would be rediculous.

I told my Wife our 2012 Focus got sideswiped at work today...it didn't go over well. Lol.

That said, I heard Datsyuk has told Kenny that he doesnt like Russia anymore. Too cold. He's never going back...ever.

Lol...Windsor Wings, that would be rediculous.

I told my Wife our 2012 Focus got sideswiped at work today...it didn't go over well. Lol.

That said, I heard Datsyuk has told Kenny that he doesnt like Russia anymore. Too cold. He's never going back...ever.

as much as i know you are lying, I wish it were true :(

Guest RedWingsDad

A Red Wings player got mad and showed some emotion. April fools!... we all know they are a bunch of automatons without emotion.

... That said, I heard Datsyuk has told Kenny that he doesnt like play in Russia anymore. ....

let them (Russians) screw up Olympics first, and this would be a bit closer to truth ...

Guest DeGraa55

Franzen hustles...

Zetterberg to Announce Retirement Tomorrow at 2pm.

Red wings trade Datsuyk, Kronwall, and a 1st in 2014 for Chris Pronger

Throw in franzen and its good!

Pekka Rinne and Shea Weber pulled off a excellent april fools on the flyers:

shea-weber-pekka-rinneflyers-e1364836285

Well, this is one way to celebrate April Fools, we suppose.

Nashville Predators goaltender Pekka Rinne appeared to post a photo of himself and defenseman Shea Weber to InstagramMonday, in which the two Preds smiled while holding up Flyers hats. The photo was presented without comment, but was presumably intended to trick fans for just a second that the two might be headed to Philadelphia at the trade deadline.

Was it Photoshopped or genuine? Either way ... Ouch.

Weber, of course, came very close to becoming a Flyer last summer, when the team offered the restricted free agent a 14-year, $110-million contract. Nashville matched the offer sheet on July 24, keeping their captain in the Music City.
Update: April Fools, indeed! The photo appears to be just a darn good Photoshop. This appears to be its original. Still: Nice prank!

this was the original photo that rinne and weber did:

270179_2305793288031_7043114_n.jpg