Photo
- - - - -

with trade deadline approaching - who's our tradeable assets?

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:45 AM

1st - any pick besides our 1st round pick i would consider trading

2nd - ian white has no future here and since jordan leopold got a 2nd i can see us getting a 2nd round pick off a team , we can then use it in a trade or have 3 picks in the first 60

3rd - if filppula wants 5 million per as reported i would trade him now and get a nice return, hes just not producing near enough to demand that type of salary ( filppula and a mid pick to boston for a 1st and caron?)

4th - any of emmerton miller or eaves as i see no future with the team for any of them

5th - coliacovo to a contending team in need of depth but realistically he wont go anywhere as hes been hurt all season long

6th - and last but not least the prospects , if were gonna go for anyone significant were gonna have to deal some prospects and we got some really good prospects i got high hopes for and i dont wanna see us trade top prospects unless its for a great player who's signed

unfortunetly i can see nyquist being dealt in a package to a team for someone  ... of the rest of the prospects the only ones id consider in a deal would be jake patterson(since we got mrazek), landon ferraro, adam almquist,andreas athanasiou and brian lashoff (id consider trading lashoff only if we got a top defensemen back in the deal)

so thats who i think are the trade assets you guys agree?disagree?

http://kuklaskorner...._medium=twitter

just found that article on the wings and mentions the possibity of dealing filppula

Edited by nyqvististhefuture, 01 April 2013 - 11:59 AM.

#2 Donohue75

Donohue75

Rookie

• Pip
  • 108 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 12:47 PM

White, Nyquist or Coliacovo are the only ones who may actually get something in return for

I say Nyquist as maybe the kid can get in with another team

filppula maybe as he will not be back next  year

I would hate to see us giving away picks as this is a deep draft this year and it is time to refill the cupboards.  Would be nice to go into draft day with extra picks to work with,

It's been a great honor for me to be a player for the Detroit Red Wings, to play for an Original Six franchise. I know I'm far from perfect, but I learned a lot.
Steve Yzerman

#3 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,582 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 01:01 PM

Our most valuable is Filppula, but we could probably package up Quincey, White, Miller, or Eaves, too.

Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#4 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 01:06 PM

Flip to the Ducks for their 1st round pick.  He can go play with Selanne so the Hawks have some competition in the West.  

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#5 SaCkaveli20

SaCkaveli20

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 01:09 PM

Whatever the Rangers want not named Howard, Tatar, Zetterberg, Datsyuk for Gaborik.

#6 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,217 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 01:12 PM

If the Wings could get a first for Filps, a second for White and a 3rd for Colaiaccovo that would be a great start. All in all I think it will be a very quiet tradedeadline, the biggest chip has already signed other than that there maybe a bunch of depth signings but nothing earth shattering.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

<< Win it for Mr. Hockey !

#7 achildr1

achildr1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 01:14 PM

White, Nyquist or Coliacovo are the only ones who may actually get something in return for

I say Nyquist as maybe the kid can get in with another team

filppula maybe as he will not be back next  year

I would hate to see us giving away picks as this is a deep draft this year and it is time to refill the cupboards.  Would be nice to go into draft day with extra picks to work with,

I'm not saying we should trade our pick, as it might be a pretty good one but I think we should deal our 2nd because I actually think our cupboard is pretty stocked.

#8 TheOwl

TheOwl

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 01:24 PM

Trading Flipulla for a first would be a huge mistake. He is our third best forward, and integral to the team. He's not playing great right now, but NOBODY is. Especially if that first round pick is late in the pool, it's basically useless. Only 1/2 of the 1st round picks even play in the NHL, only 1/4 of second round picks and later even play in the NHL. The Wings got prospects galore. Trading a legitimate top 4 forward for picks or even a prospect is a huge mistake. If Flipulla wants 5 million a season, give it to him, 3 year deal or whatever. He's worth it. Would you rather have Sammy at 3 million, or Flipulla at 5 million. DO NOT TRADE FLIPULLA. Imagine two years from now if Datsyuk retires, and we let Flipulla go. We will be at the bottom of the conference, no doubt.

Edited by TheOwl, 01 April 2013 - 01:26 PM.

#9 Shaman

Shaman

Die hard Red Wing fan and realist.

• Silver Booster
  • 3,843 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 01:26 PM

Whatever the Rangers want not named Howard, Tatar, Zetterberg, Datsyuk for Gaborik.

Gaborik doesn't magically make the Wings a contender, it makes them a bubble team with less assets for the future.

Feuer und Wasser kommt nicht zusammen
Kann man nicht binden sind nicht verwandt
In Funken versunken steh ich in Flammen
und bin im Wasser verbrannt
Im Wasser verbrannt

#10 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,217 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 01:28 PM

Filps isn't worth 5 m per sorry. He is a good player but nothing special and giving him 5 m per would be a huge overpayment. Dealing him to a bottom feeder and getting a top 10 pick would be so huge for this team.

Please stay away from Gaborik, he has a very high cap hit, would cost the Wings some good assets plus not making them a contender so no.

Edited by frankgrimes, 01 April 2013 - 01:29 PM.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

<< Win it for Mr. Hockey !

#11 Manny>Ozzie(by a long shot)

Manny>Ozzie(by a long shot)

Starting Goaltender

• PipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 01:36 PM

DONT TRADE LINDSTROM!
[ Image violated Forum Guidelines. Please use images sixed 400x100 pixels or smaller. ]

Just playin Chris, you know I love you!

lilja is an icelandic pony
lilja is an average high girl with blond hair and very sexy
lilja is about the sweetest kitten we have raised here
lilja is the comatose victim of a questionable accident

#12 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,006 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 01:37 PM

Gaborik doesn't magically make the Wings a contender, it makes them a bubble team with less assets for the future.

Gaborik doesn't mean that we're Pittsburgh, Chicago, or Anaheim all of the sudden, but it doesn't "make us a bubble team".  With or without Gaborik we're not a bubble team.  We've been solidly in a playoffs spot for about two months, and have been VERY competitive against the best teams in the Western Conference in spite of having a top six made up of four legitimate forwards and two plugs.  Gaborik gives us depth, a game changing presence that doesn't require Datsyuk or Zetterberg to create chances for him, an elite shooter for Datsyuk, and a guy to take the hard defensive matchups away from guys like Brunner and Franzen (in turn freeing them up). 

Gaborik would do a ton for this team, maybe not win it a cup, but put it in a better, more competitive position to do so. 

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#13 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 01:42 PM

Trading Flipulla for a first would be a huge mistake. He is our third best forward, and integral to the team. He's not playing great right now, but NOBODY is. Especially if that first round pick is late in the pool, it's basically useless. Only 1/2 of the 1st round picks even play in the NHL, only 1/4 of second round picks and later even play in the NHL. The Wings got prospects galore. Trading a legitimate top 4 forward for picks or even a prospect is a huge mistake. If Flipulla wants 5 million a season, give it to him, 3 year deal or whatever. He's worth it. Would you rather have Sammy at 3 million, or Flipulla at 5 million. DO NOT TRADE FLIPULLA. Imagine two years from now if Datsyuk retires, and we let Flipulla go. We will be at the bottom of the conference, no doubt.

He's UFA at the end of the year and wants 5 mil.  We could use the pick to draft the 6'5 centre slated to go 19th in this years draft to replace one our eleventynine playmakers.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#14 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 01:56 PM

We have lots of assets just depends on what Holland wants to do.

#15 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 02:02 PM

Anybody can be traded. I wouldn't want to trade a prospect but if we get a 27 or younger player I don't see why not.

All depends on the deal. He'll I'd trade datsyuk if we could get something like Myers, pominnville, and 2 first round picks. Etc.

#16 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,269 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 02:02 PM

Not trading Flip and losing him this summer for nothing would be stupid. He's not $5M worth
"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#17 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 02:04 PM

Not trading Flip and losing him this summer for nothing would be stupid. He's not $5M worth

A chance at the cup is worth more to me. I'd rather not waste yet another year of datsyuks prime. If we sell we might as well go all out.

#18 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 02:22 PM

A chance at the cup is worth more to me. I'd rather not waste yet another year of datsyuks prime. If we sell we might as well go all out.

I agree. With Z injured, trading Flip would deplete the Wings center depth for the last few weeks of the season as well.

Edited by WorkingOvertime, 01 April 2013 - 02:22 PM.

#19 Shaman

Shaman

Die hard Red Wing fan and realist.

• Silver Booster
  • 3,843 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 02:26 PM

The Wings have no realistic chance at the cup this season. The lack of scoring depth, the defense looking lost in some games, and Howard not being an elite goalie all add up to the Wings being bounced early if they even make the playoffs.

Feuer und Wasser kommt nicht zusammen
Kann man nicht binden sind nicht verwandt
In Funken versunken steh ich in Flammen
und bin im Wasser verbrannt
Im Wasser verbrannt

#20 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 02:31 PM

The Wings have no realistic chance at the cup this season. The lack of scoring depth, the defense looking lost in some games, and Howard not being an elite goalie all add up to the Wings being bounced early if they even make the playoffs.

Ya no kidding. This team is at least 3 guys away. Top pair defenseman and two top 6 wingers. AND NO GUYS COMING BACK FROM INJURIES DO NOT MEET THESE REQS

So it gets back to the point why move key assets when we won't be winning the cup. And Holland sees this but he also needs to cut the dead weight....which he won't.