• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
nyqvististhefuture

with trade deadline approaching - who's our tradeable assets?

Rate this topic

1st - any pick besides our 1st round pick i would consider trading

2nd - ian white has no future here and since jordan leopold got a 2nd i can see us getting a 2nd round pick off a team , we can then use it in a trade or have 3 picks in the first 60

3rd - if filppula wants 5 million per as reported i would trade him now and get a nice return, hes just not producing near enough to demand that type of salary ( filppula and a mid pick to boston for a 1st and caron?)

4th - any of emmerton miller or eaves as i see no future with the team for any of them

5th - coliacovo to a contending team in need of depth but realistically he wont go anywhere as hes been hurt all season long

6th - and last but not least the prospects , if were gonna go for anyone significant were gonna have to deal some prospects and we got some really good prospects i got high hopes for and i dont wanna see us trade top prospects unless its for a great player who's signed

unfortunetly i can see nyquist being dealt in a package to a team for someone ... of the rest of the prospects the only ones id consider in a deal would be jake patterson(since we got mrazek), landon ferraro, adam almquist,andreas athanasiou and brian lashoff (id consider trading lashoff only if we got a top defensemen back in the deal)

so thats who i think are the trade assets you guys agree?disagree?

http://kuklaskorner.com/tmr/comments/on-sniffles-and-the-red-wings-conundrum-that-is-valtteri-filppula?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

just found that article on the wings and mentions the possibity of dealing filppula

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

White, Nyquist or Coliacovo are the only ones who may actually get something in return for

I say Nyquist as maybe the kid can get in with another team

filppula maybe as he will not be back next year

I would hate to see us giving away picks as this is a deep draft this year and it is time to refill the cupboards. Would be nice to go into draft day with extra picks to work with,

If the Wings could get a first for Filps, a second for White and a 3rd for Colaiaccovo that would be a great start. All in all I think it will be a very quiet tradedeadline, the biggest chip has already signed other than that there maybe a bunch of depth signings but nothing earth shattering.

White, Nyquist or Coliacovo are the only ones who may actually get something in return for

I say Nyquist as maybe the kid can get in with another team

filppula maybe as he will not be back next year

I would hate to see us giving away picks as this is a deep draft this year and it is time to refill the cupboards. Would be nice to go into draft day with extra picks to work with,

I'm not saying we should trade our pick, as it might be a pretty good one but I think we should deal our 2nd because I actually think our cupboard is pretty stocked.

Trading Flipulla for a first would be a huge mistake. He is our third best forward, and integral to the team. He's not playing great right now, but NOBODY is. Especially if that first round pick is late in the pool, it's basically useless. Only 1/2 of the 1st round picks even play in the NHL, only 1/4 of second round picks and later even play in the NHL. The Wings got prospects galore. Trading a legitimate top 4 forward for picks or even a prospect is a huge mistake. If Flipulla wants 5 million a season, give it to him, 3 year deal or whatever. He's worth it. Would you rather have Sammy at 3 million, or Flipulla at 5 million. DO NOT TRADE FLIPULLA. Imagine two years from now if Datsyuk retires, and we let Flipulla go. We will be at the bottom of the conference, no doubt.

Edited by TheOwl

Whatever the Rangers want not named Howard, Tatar, Zetterberg, Datsyuk for Gaborik.

Gaborik doesn't magically make the Wings a contender, it makes them a bubble team with less assets for the future.

Filps isn't worth 5 m per sorry. He is a good player but nothing special and giving him 5 m per would be a huge overpayment. Dealing him to a bottom feeder and getting a top 10 pick would be so huge for this team.

Please stay away from Gaborik, he has a very high cap hit, would cost the Wings some good assets plus not making them a contender so no.

Edited by frankgrimes

Gaborik doesn't magically make the Wings a contender, it makes them a bubble team with less assets for the future.

Gaborik doesn't mean that we're Pittsburgh, Chicago, or Anaheim all of the sudden, but it doesn't "make us a bubble team". With or without Gaborik we're not a bubble team. We've been solidly in a playoffs spot for about two months, and have been VERY competitive against the best teams in the Western Conference in spite of having a top six made up of four legitimate forwards and two plugs. Gaborik gives us depth, a game changing presence that doesn't require Datsyuk or Zetterberg to create chances for him, an elite shooter for Datsyuk, and a guy to take the hard defensive matchups away from guys like Brunner and Franzen (in turn freeing them up).

Gaborik would do a ton for this team, maybe not win it a cup, but put it in a better, more competitive position to do so.

Trading Flipulla for a first would be a huge mistake. He is our third best forward, and integral to the team. He's not playing great right now, but NOBODY is. Especially if that first round pick is late in the pool, it's basically useless. Only 1/2 of the 1st round picks even play in the NHL, only 1/4 of second round picks and later even play in the NHL. The Wings got prospects galore. Trading a legitimate top 4 forward for picks or even a prospect is a huge mistake. If Flipulla wants 5 million a season, give it to him, 3 year deal or whatever. He's worth it. Would you rather have Sammy at 3 million, or Flipulla at 5 million. DO NOT TRADE FLIPULLA. Imagine two years from now if Datsyuk retires, and we let Flipulla go. We will be at the bottom of the conference, no doubt.

He's UFA at the end of the year and wants 5 mil. We could use the pick to draft the 6'5 centre slated to go 19th in this years draft to replace one our eleventynine playmakers.

Anybody can be traded. I wouldn't want to trade a prospect but if we get a 27 or younger player I don't see why not.

All depends on the deal. He'll I'd trade datsyuk if we could get something like Myers, pominnville, and 2 first round picks. Etc.

Not trading Flip and losing him this summer for nothing would be stupid. He's not $5M worth

A chance at the cup is worth more to me. I'd rather not waste yet another year of datsyuks prime. If we sell we might as well go all out.

A chance at the cup is worth more to me. I'd rather not waste yet another year of datsyuks prime. If we sell we might as well go all out.

I agree. With Z injured, trading Flip would deplete the Wings center depth for the last few weeks of the season as well.

Edited by WorkingOvertime

The Wings have no realistic chance at the cup this season. The lack of scoring depth, the defense looking lost in some games, and Howard not being an elite goalie all add up to the Wings being bounced early if they even make the playoffs.

Guest DeGraa55

The Wings have no realistic chance at the cup this season. The lack of scoring depth, the defense looking lost in some games, and Howard not being an elite goalie all add up to the Wings being bounced early if they even make the playoffs.

Ya no kidding. This team is at least 3 guys away. Top pair defenseman and two top 6 wingers. AND NO GUYS COMING BACK FROM INJURIES DO NOT MEET THESE REQS

So it gets back to the point why move key assets when we won't be winning the cup. And Holland sees this but he also needs to cut the dead weight....which he won't.

I've liked Flip for years. He has the potential to be so good, but he just hasn't proved he'll get there. He's good defensively with quick hands and some nice moves. His shot is better than you think, but he almost never shoots anyway. He has flashes of Datsyuk-like brilliance, but then those few moments are overshadowed by him trying to make too many moves or passes.

He's a great player, but comparing him to other centers playing for around $5 dollars doesn't work out. Other forwards with a $5 or so cap hit are:

Bobby Ryan

Ryan Kesler

Patrice Bergeron

James Neal

Mike Ribeiro

Flip just hasn't proved that he is as good as these guys. He isn't there yet, and is running out of time to get to that level.

I've wanted to keep him, but at $5 million? No. Not when he could be packaged for someone better. Flip + a defenseman + a pick would get a much better player than Flip currently is. Thats a solid package. Sure, it isn't gonna get Ovechkin or Weber. But it could make the Rangers or Ducks think about giving up Gaborik or Ryan. We need a solid #1-2 defenseman and a scorer. Depth on the bottom six? We're good. Get Helm back and our bottom six is taken to a new level.

Guest DeGraa55

I've liked Flip for years. He has the potential to be so good, but he just hasn't proved he'll get there. He's good defensively with quick hands and some nice moves. His shot is better than you think, but he almost never shoots anyway. He has flashes of Datsyuk-like brilliance, but then those few moments are overshadowed by him trying to make too many moves or passes.

He's a great player, but comparing him to other centers playing for around $5 dollars doesn't work out. Other forwards with a $5 or so cap hit are:

Bobby Ryan

Ryan Kesler

Patrice Bergeron

James Neal

Mike Ribeiro

Flip just hasn't proved that he is as good as these guys. He isn't there yet, and is running out of time to get to that level.

I've wanted to keep him, but at $5 million? No. Not when he could be packaged for someone better. Flip + a defenseman + a pick would get a much better player than Flip currently is. Thats a solid package. Sure, it isn't gonna get Ovechkin or Weber. But it could make the Rangers or Ducks think about giving up Gaborik or Ryan. We need a solid #1-2 defenseman and a scorer. Depth on the bottom six? We're good. Get Helm back and our bottom six is taken to a new level.

Pretty sure Ryan is a wing on getzlaf line right now?

And fil is worth 5m when he plays his position!! He is a center not a winger. And having him with dats or z is a waste. They're playmakers not finishers.

Edited by DeGraa55

Ok then trade everyone of value.

We either go all in or not. We can play well, we are just inconsistent. If you want them to be sellers and then force a rebuild that we likely not make us a contender until after datsyuk retires I understand. But I'd rather try and make this team better, I really don't think that we have no chance. I think we have a chance, not a good one, but the potential is there.