• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
nyqvististhefuture

with trade deadline approaching - who's our tradeable assets?

Rate this topic

Guest DeGraa55

Ok then trade everyone of value.

We either go all in or not. We can play well, we are just inconsistent. If you want them to be sellers and then force a rebuild that we likely not make us a contender until after datsyuk retires I understand. But I'd rather try and make this team better, I really don't think that we have no chance. I think we have a chance, not a good one, but the potential is there.

That's the ting though a rebuild does make us better.

Who is better to have on the ice/team?

Bwrt, Sammy Colo, white, eaves, miller

Or

Nyquist,Tatar, sheahan maybe, Anderson, emmerton, smith, kind

By cutting the dead weight and trading dats franzen and helm if he gets healthy, and resign or trade fil would set this team up for a LONG time. But instead you people insist on being mediocre. I just don't get it.

I've liked Flip for years. He has the potential to be so good, but he just hasn't proved he'll get there. He's good defensively with quick hands and some nice moves. His shot is better than you think, but he almost never shoots anyway. He has flashes of Datsyuk-like brilliance, but then those few moments are overshadowed by him trying to make too many moves or passes.

He's a great player, but comparing him to other centers playing for around $5 dollars doesn't work out. Other forwards with a $5 or so cap hit are:

Bobby Ryan

Ryan Kesler

Patrice Bergeron

James Neal

Mike Ribeiro

Flip just hasn't proved that he is as good as these guys. He isn't there yet, and is running out of time to get to that level.

I've wanted to keep him, but at $5 million? No. Not when he could be packaged for someone better. Flip + a defenseman + a pick would get a much better player than Flip currently is. Thats a solid package. Sure, it isn't gonna get Ovechkin or Weber. But it could make the Rangers or Ducks think about giving up Gaborik or Ryan. We need a solid #1-2 defenseman and a scorer. Depth on the bottom six? We're good. Get Helm back and our bottom six is taken to a new level.

Great first post. I agree completely. If I'm Holland and I'm at the negotiation table - I use these contracts along with the fact that the cap has dropped to point out that Flip is not a 5mill player. If he still thinks he is that valuable then we ship him out in a package for something of value. The WORST thing Holland can do is start handing out overpaid contracts to players and capstrapping this team. He has done enough with signing veterans with NTCs.

You don't with win with talent alone, or else Edmonton would be favorites.

Veteran contribution is an important factor.

I'm not saying go out and buy rentals, but making a move for a proven player that will contribute now, with datsyuk is what I would do.

Pretty sure Ryan is a wing on getzlaf line right now?

And fil is worth 5m when he plays his position!! He is a center not a winger. And having him with dats or z is a waste. They're playmakers not finishers.

Filppula can't carry his own line offensively at center. He needed Z last season to finally have his breakthrough performance. I think Fil is a solid two-way player, but he isn't worth five million per year. Especially given his dismal production so far this season.

Filppula can't carry his own line offensively at center. He needed Z last season to finally have his breakthrough performance. I think Fil is a solid two-way player, but he isn't worth five million per year. Especially given his dismal production so far this season.

Ya I don't see what leverage he has. Jarnkrok will replace him if he holds out and gets traded.

Pretty sure Ryan is a wing on getzlaf line right now?

And fil is worth 5m when he plays his position!! He is a center not a winger. And having him with dats or z is a waste. They're playmakers not finishers.

He's got great speed as a winger, and is a great passer. I just cant see him as being worth the same as Kesler or Bergeron... Maybe try Him with Datsyuk and Abs? Still too many passers with no sniper. I'd much rather have him do well here that have to package him for someone else. I'm hoping he can start shooting a bit more and stop trying to make one more pass every time he gets the puck.

I put Ryan in there because he always seems to be on the trade block. He'd be a good fit here. Though don't we say that about nearly everyone?

Ok then trade everyone of value.

We either go all in or not. We can play well, we are just inconsistent. If you want them to be sellers and then force a rebuild that we likely not make us a contender until after datsyuk retires I understand. But I'd rather try and make this team better, I really don't think that we have no chance. I think we have a chance, not a good one, but the potential is there.

That part i agree with. But im not on board with the all in or not.

Great first post. I agree completely. If I'm Holland and I'm at the negotiation table - I use these contracts along with the fact that the cap has dropped to point out that Flip is not a 5mill player. If he still thinks he is that valuable then we ship him out in a package for something of value. The WORST thing Holland can do is start handing out overpaid contracts to players and capstrapping this team. He has done enough with signing veterans with NTCs.

Thanks! I've been lurking and reading since '08, but never got around to posting. For him to be worth $5 million he needs a sniper alongside him.

i know clowe has 0 goals but i know hes gonna bounce back and hes the type of physical gritty guy we need and hes apparently about to get traded and flyers are the frontrunners ... ughh dont know how philadelphia keeps doing it

keeps doing what? losing? picking up washed up guys?

Team is changing guys. It's right in frot of all of us. We are going to be that Boston Bruins style of team in 2 years. Sheahan Helm Andersson, Zetterberg will be our centers. This is it for the puck possession type of game. It's going to be a tough grinding game. Enjoy it while it lasts. Flip is not apart of that type of game. Trade him get something for him either now or at the draft in June.

keeps doing what? losing? picking up washed up guys?

trading for players ... and yes voracek is washed up .... simmonds is washed up ... jagr sucked when they got him , hartnell sucks ... pronger sucked when they got him ... your right all washed up

the one thing i admire about paul holmgren is hes not afraid to make a deal when he needs to

trading for players ... and yes voracek is washed up .... simmonds is washed up ... jagr sucked when they got him , hartnell sucks ... pronger sucked when they got him ... your right all washed up

the one thing i admire about paul holmgren is hes not afraid to make a deal when he needs to

he has 13 defensemen according to cap geek, he could roll 4 lines with his d-core and still have an alternate, yet he can't seem to find 6 dmen to do there job... he pays Bryz way more then he is worth. I would rather have holland as our gm, and babs as a coach any day

if youd think with your head rather than your heart youd know this current team doesnt have the chance to win the cup we'd need significant upgrades by wednesday

This right here.

The Wings are in transition. They are geared to make the playoffs, and thats it.

I agree. With Z injured, trading Flip would deplete the Wings center depth for the last few weeks of the season as well.

Oh darn, a higher pick as a result. ;)

qYa no kidding. This team is at least 3 guys away. Top pair defenseman and two top 6 wingers. AND NO GUYS COMING BACK FROM INJURIES DO NOT MEET THESE REQS

So it gets back to the point why move key assets when we won't be winning the cup. And Holland sees this but he also needs to cut the dead weight....which he won't.

Though I wouldn't mind seeing a 2nd line with Helm at centre after a Flip trade and maybe throw Nyquist and Tatar on the wings and you got yourself and interesting line. Andersson 3rd C, and Abdelkader the 4th where he belongs. Pulling the piano out to the stage and then Dats and Z can come out TOGETHER and play it with a side of Brunner please. This team is as far as I've seen the Wings away from a contender as I can remember. I was in diapers last time they were this bad.

I've liked Flip for years. He has the potential to be so good, but he just hasn't proved he'll get there. He's good defensively with quick hands and some nice moves. His shot is better than you think, but he almost never shoots anyway. He has flashes of Datsyuk-like brilliance, but then those few moments are overshadowed by him trying to make too many moves or passes.

He's a great player, but comparing him to other centers playing for around $5 dollars doesn't work out. Other forwards with a $5 or so cap hit are:

Bobby Ryan

Ryan Kesler

Patrice Bergeron

James Neal

Mike Ribeiro

Flip just hasn't proved that he is as good as these guys. He isn't there yet, and is running out of time to get to that level.

I've wanted to keep him, but at $5 million? No. Not when he could be packaged for someone better. Flip + a defenseman + a pick would get a much better player than Flip currently is. Thats a solid package. Sure, it isn't gonna get Ovechkin or Weber. But it could make the Rangers or Ducks think about giving up Gaborik or Ryan. We need a solid #1-2 defenseman and a scorer. Depth on the bottom six? We're good. Get Helm back and our bottom six is taken to a new level.

Agreed 110%. Or maybe he could re-sign with the Sabres and we swap him for Pominville. I'd even thrown in a Dman in that deal.

Guest DeGraa55

Oh darn, a higher pick as a result. ;)

Though I wouldn't mind seeing a 2nd line with Helm at centre after a Flip trade and maybe throw Nyquist and Tatar on the wings and you got yourself and interesting line. Andersson 3rd C, and Abdelkader the 4th where he belongs. Pulling the piano out to the stage and then Dats and Z can come out TOGETHER and play it with a side of Brunner please. This team is as far as I've seen the Wings away from a contender as I can remember. I was in diapers last time they were this bad.

I like helm but he is a 4th line center. Give him tootoo and they'll create havoc.

Chances for a cup???????

The "odds" are not in our favour.

I like helm but he is a 4th line center. Give him tootoo and they'll create havoc.

Oh yeah...forgot about that. The 5 hit shift line. Good thing you set my ass straight on that one. Jarnkrok can centre that 2nd line next year. Tootoo-Helm-Callahan. The old Kersplat line.