Photo
- - - - -

with trade deadline approaching - who's our tradeable assets?

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#41 Wingsfan72

Wingsfan72

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 03:48 PM

Make a "hell of an offer" for Nash. Haha wouldn't that be something.

honestly though, I'm hoping Kenny makes a push for gabby or vanek. Bobby Ryan would be awesome but I don't see it happening.

If I die tell my wife I said, "Hello".

#42 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,199 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:01 PM

I agree. With Z injured, trading Flip would deplete the Wings center depth for the last few weeks of the season as well.

Oh darn, a higher pick as a result.   ;)

qYa no kidding. This team is at least 3 guys away. Top pair defenseman and two top 6 wingers. AND NO GUYS COMING BACK FROM INJURIES DO NOT MEET THESE REQS

So it gets back to the point why move key assets when we won't be winning the cup. And Holland sees this but he also needs to cut the dead weight....which he won't.

Though I wouldn't mind seeing a 2nd line with Helm at centre after a Flip trade and maybe throw Nyquist and Tatar on the wings and you got yourself and interesting line.  Andersson 3rd C, and Abdelkader the 4th where he belongs.  Pulling the piano out to the stage and then Dats and Z can come out TOGETHER and play it with a side of Brunner please.  This team is as far as I've seen the Wings away from a contender as I can remember.  I was in diapers last time they were this bad.

I've liked Flip for years. He has the potential to be so good, but he just hasn't proved he'll get there.  He's good defensively with quick hands and some nice moves. His shot is better than you think, but he almost never shoots anyway. He has flashes of Datsyuk-like brilliance, but then those few moments are overshadowed by him trying to make too many moves or passes. 

He's a great player, but comparing him to other centers playing for around $5 dollars doesn't work out. Other forwards with a $5 or so cap hit are:

Bobby Ryan

Ryan Kesler

Patrice Bergeron

James Neal

Mike Ribeiro

Flip just hasn't proved that he is as good as these guys. He isn't there yet, and is running out of time to get to that level. 

I've wanted to keep him, but at $5 million? No. Not when he could be packaged for someone better. Flip + a defenseman + a pick would get a much better player than Flip currently is. Thats a solid package. Sure, it isn't gonna get Ovechkin or Weber. But it could make the Rangers or Ducks think about giving up Gaborik or Ryan. We need a solid #1-2 defenseman and a scorer. Depth on the bottom six? We're good. Get Helm back and our bottom six is taken to a new level. 

Agreed 110%.  Or maybe he could re-sign with the Sabres and we swap him for Pominville.  I'd even thrown in a Dman in that deal.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#43 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:02 PM

Oh darn, a higher pick as a result.   ;)
Though I wouldn't mind seeing a 2nd line with Helm at centre after a Flip trade and maybe throw Nyquist and Tatar on the wings and you got yourself and interesting line.  Andersson 3rd C, and Abdelkader the 4th where he belongs.  Pulling the piano out to the stage and then Dats and Z can come out TOGETHER and play it with a side of Brunner please.  This team is as far as I've seen the Wings away from a contender as I can remember.  I was in diapers last time they were this bad.

I like helm but he is a 4th line center. Give him tootoo and they'll create havoc.

#44 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,199 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:07 PM

Chances for a cup???????

The "odds" are not in our favour.

I like helm but he is a 4th line center. Give him tootoo and they'll create havoc.

Oh yeah...forgot about that.  The 5 hit shift line.  Good thing you set my ass straight on that one.  Jarnkrok can centre that 2nd line next year.  Tootoo-Helm-Callahan.  The old Kersplat line.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#45 Red Crazy

Red Crazy

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:04 PM

If anyone thinks that Fil can carry this team in either Hanks absence or Datsyuk's retirement then the Wings are in really deep trouble. He is hardly worth his salary now and he wants a raise????? He can easily be replaced and for a hell of a lot less.