• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

4/1 GDT : Avalanche 2 at Red Wings 3

Rate this topic

Guest DeGraa55

Datsyuk looked disappointed after the goal. I can see him thinking "no good, thats 10 games more with this guy on line"

Dats wants him.

And Abby can play in the top 6.

Guest Crymson

I must admit.....Franzen just can't do anything right in my book. Im not saying im right. I'm afraid I have already given up on him. He was a beast in the 2008 playoffs though. I sure wish we had THAT guy.

He took the shot whose rebound Abdelkader batted in.

Guest DeGraa55

Because that was intentional lol. I thank their goalie more than franzen.

Franzen won't ever get credit for anything he does.

It was a good shot by him to draw a rebound. I wish he played better, but at least give him credit for rare occasion he does something positive.

I thought Carlo looked decent, made some nice breakout passes. Not much to go off of thoough.

Guest DeGraa55

Franzen won't ever get credit for anything he does.

It was a good shot by him to draw a rebound. I wish he played better, but at least give him credit for rare occasion he does something positive.

I thought Carlo looked decent, made some nice breakout passes. Not much to go off of thoough.

Carlo isn't hurt yet. But from what I heard I thought he has a ton of talent...just can't stay healthy.

Besides that, Franzen just slows Pavel down. I know lots of people are complaining about Pavs playing with Abs, but I like the way Abs is playing. He is working hard, finishing his hits, hustling, screening the goalie and now scoring goals. I think he is a new version of Homer for Pavs and it seems to be working. Franzen on the other hand looks slow, gives up the puck too easily and is making too many mistakes overall. This is where I think Kenny needs to make an upgrade for a guy like Gaborick or something in that nature.

If Abby uses his size and strength he is as effective as anyone in the game. With the same size.

I think he is (hopefully) showing that he is ready to take Cleary's role next season. He can be a net front and corner guy in the top-6, and move to the bottom six when needed/the team is healthy.

Whoa did you see that KO on Kostopolos?

Yeah. Tough to see. But that being said maybe next time he won't go after a guy for a clean hit.

Carlo isn't hurt yet. But from what I heard I thought he has a ton of talent...just can't stay healthy.

Cola has looked good tonight. Made some nice little moves to get the puck out of his own end.

Guest Crymson

Actually, it was intentional. The speed and trajectory of the shot were geared toward generating a rebound, a fact that JR picked up on and mentioned. Presumably he knows a good deal about hockey.

Besides that, Franzen just slows Pavel down. I know lots of people are complaining about Pavs playing with Abs, but I like the way Abs is playing. He is working hard, finishing his hits, hustling, screening the goalie and now scoring goals. I think he is a new version of Homer for Pavs and it seems to be working. Franzen on the other hand looks slow, gives up the puck too easily and is making too many mistakes overall. This is where I think Kenny needs to make an upgrade for a guy like Gaborick or something in that nature.

Franzen may not be playing with the amount of fire and drive I'd like him to, but atleast he is making some skilled plays, getting pucks to the net, able to handle a pass and make a pass, win a puck battle, and generally do things that lead to offense.

Abdelkader does nothing. Seriously. If he hustles it's not noticeable because he doesn't win pucks. If he hits, they're not big enough to be felt or seen. Watch him carefully. His stick is where puck possession goes to die. He's no faster than Franzen. He's not a top 6 player. Comparing him to Holmstrom is an insult to the Demoltion Man. Holmstrom was 10 times the player Abdelkader is and ever will be. Holmstrom had great hockey sense, he knew how to position himself, how to survive in the league despite being a bad skater, he made quick and good decisions with the puck, and worked harder and took more abuse than anyone.

Abdelkader the "new version of Holmstrom"... talk about a downgrade.. christ.

Franzen gets the most undeserved hate on this board. Now he's worse than Abdelkader? Am I going insane?

Edited by dat's sick