• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

4/1 GDT : Avalanche 2 at Red Wings 3

Rate this topic

Obviously. I'm talking about next season and the season after and etc etc...

It should be this season! Would be so nice to add a top 6 forward as well as Nyq and Tats. Add in a helm return and that's four top 9 forwards added to this roster (as long as Tatar and nyquist were playing top 9 mins).

I think Smith has been playing as if the league is behind his shoulder ever since that 5 game suspension. He isn't as physical as we were led on previously, and that cough up is inexcusable.

Kindl is an NHL defenseman.

Coca-covo showed some good flashes today (especially that last-second desperation poke check at the end). If he stays healthy, he might earn his contract.

Can we bring Lidstrom back as a defense coach? Eject white, he's terrible. Get #5 to help teach Lashoff, Smith, and DeKeyser, and we could be rolling in D-men for the next 10 years.

Of course though, we still have a ton of DMen. even with Quincey out.

And if it hasn't been said already:

JIMMY
MOTHER
F******
HOWARD
!

It should be this season! Would be so nice to add a top 6 forward as well as Nyq and Tats. Add in a helm return and that's four top 9 forwards added to this roster (as long as Tatar and nyquist were playing top 9 mins).

Tatar and Nyquist time is coming. IF one of them doesn't get traded of course.

Tatar and Nyquist time is coming. IF one of them doesn't get traded of course.

Ya I know that. I just really think they can help this team now and into the playoffs. Bring in a top 6 forward like pomonville/ gaborik and add these two and hopefully helm and your looking at a really good top 9.

Fil- datsyuk- Pom/ gab

Mule-z- brunner

Nyq- helm- Tatar

Abby- Anderson- tootoo

Ya I know that. I just really think they can help this team now and into the playoffs. Bring in a top 6 forward like pomonville/ gaborik and add these two and hopefully helm and your looking at a really good top 9.

Fil- datsyuk- Pom/ gab

Mule-z- brunner

Nyq- helm- Tatar

Abby- Anderson- tootoo

I guess I have no problems with that except isn't Bert gonna be back soon?

Also we don't really know what Helm's status is either? Meaning this season?

Don't forget Sammy!!!

I tend to usually leave my line combos to the coach.

Even if I dislike what Babs lines are.

I guess I have no problems with that except isn't Bert gonna be back soon?

Also we don't really know what Helm's status is either? Meaning this season?

Don't forget Sammy!!!

I tend to usually leave my line combos to the coach.

Even if I dislike what Babs lines are.

What your saying right here is the problem. Weather it's babs or holland or a combination of both but we value players like Sammy, cleary, miller, eaves, etc over guys like Tatar and nyquist. You can't honestly tell me those guys are better. If Tatar and nyquist wer up playing solid roles all year we would be in a better spot then we are now. As well they would be even better players than they already are.

It's nice to have vets, but when your stars are already vets it comes to the point where we don't need guys like cleary, Sammy, miller, etc. are best players are vets and have been there in the playoffs. They are perfect for guys like Nyq and Tatar.

We are not a team like Edmonton where are whole top 6 is under 25 years old and we need vets to fill the depth to help the young guys. We have enough veteran presents. What we need is some utheful enthusiasm up front.

Tatar and nyquist will help provide that. Please babs and Kenny free these two!

Guest DeGraa55

What your saying right here is the problem. Weather it's babs or holland or a combination of both but we value players like Sammy, cleary, miller, eaves, etc over guys like Tatar and nyquist. You can't honestly tell me those guys are better. If Tatar and nyquist wer up playing solid roles all year we would be in a better spot then we are now. As well they would be even better players than they already are.

It's nice to have vets, but when your stars are already vets it comes to the point where we don't need guys like cleary, Sammy, miller, etc. are best players are vets and have been there in the playoffs. They are perfect for guys like Nyq and Tatar.

We are not a team like Edmonton where are whole top 6 is under 25 years old and we need vets to fill the depth to help the young guys. We have enough veteran presents. What we need is some utheful enthusiasm up front.

Tatar and nyquist will help provide that. Please babs and Kenny free these two!

I agree!!! And its not just those two there's other young guys. But kronwall, z, dats, fil,Ericsson, Abby and a few others are enough vet and well experienced guys to make up for the young ones.

Only way for guys to get exp. Is to up playing and practicing with us even if it'd 3rd or 4th line. I still think a third with fil and say Tatar and whoever else is the best third line in hall of hockey. But instead well have one in gr and other plating wing out of position.

ive been saying smith is unimpressive for weeks. took a give away to a goal for you guys to realize it?

he was supposed to be a huge boost on the blue line, hes been like i said unimpressive in both ends. his outlet passes aref****** ugly and most of them lead to turn overs. if its not a pass its just a flip to the other team

i also agree with others kindl looks a lot better then smith. he takes the time and makes smarter passes

anyway gus looked good tonight he held the puck real good set up brunner which was beautiful. brunner looked very thankful haha hopefully it takes a little bit of pressure off him

i really hope we see dekeyser thursday

Contradiction Level = LGW Board

In one post, managing to dismiss one rookie defenseman, and by the end, anticipating another one who hasn't even played a single NHL game. Delicious.

playing well in transition? were you watching tonight?

Smith plays the PP, PK, and plays more minutes than Kindl. Kindl gets the easy minutes as a #6 guy and has been good on the PP.

so yes, my suggestion was that if you are going to sit someone, don't stunt the rookie's development just let him play fewer minutes. Smith has higher potential than Kindl, even though Kindl is finally looking like he's capable of holding a #6 spot.

Smith plats on the PP??? Usually it's Kindl and White or Kronwall Brunner

In one post, managing to dismiss one rookie defenseman, and by the end, anticipating another one who hasn't even played a single NHL game. Delicious.

Exactly.

The AHL doesn't prepare these kids for the NHL like it once did. The only way to prepare for the NHL is to play in the NHL. Look at Ericsson's improvement while being in the NHL.

Had Smith played in the NHL last year he would be leaps and bounds better than today. The Wings used to be too good for rookies to crack the lineup. I just don't see that as a viable excuse anymore.

Re

Really, you'd sit the guy who's at least playing well in transition and putting up points for the guy who's done jack s*** all season, just because one is better about taking hits? Smith doesn't score as well as Kindl, hell he doesn't even score as well as Lashoff this season, and he's been horrible defensively. Worse than the other two by a long shot.

He's going to be good one day. But he's having a lot of growing pains this season. Probably because actually playing defense has always been a bit of a after thought for him.

Smith has also been playing against better competition than Kindl, hasn't he?

I admit he hasn't impressed, but neither did Ericsson for years and he turned out okay.

Also, Miller and Eaves are favored over Tatar and Nyquisy only because the latter two can be sent down until the roster limits are lifted. I don't expect Nyquist to do much, but Tatar is going to bring a lot of jump to his line. Him playing with Helm would be great, but If also like to see their hustle spread out a bit to make it more contagious.

I agree!!! And its not just those two there's other young guys. But kronwall, z, dats, fil,Ericsson, Abby and a few others are enough vet and well experienced guys to make up for the young ones.

Only way for guys to get exp. Is to up playing and practicing with us even if it'd 3rd or 4th line. I still think a third with fil and say Tatar and whoever else is the best third line in hall of hockey. But instead well have one in gr and other plating wing out of position.

I agree with you completely. And it's not like these two are 19 or 20 years old they are old enough and have played enough in the minors. They have nothing more to prove there, it is time they develop while playing in the NHL.

Like I said add a top six forward, hopefully get bertuzzi and helm back, and add these two to play on a scoring third line and this team will be a tough out in the playoffs

Also, Miller and Eaves are favored over Tatar and Nyquisy only because the latter two can be sent down until the roster limits are lifted. I don't expect Nyquist to do much, but Tatar is going to bring a lot of jump to his line. Him playing with Helm would be great, but If also like to see their hustle spread out a bit to make it more contagious.

Nyquist-Helm-Tatar

drool

The boards seem empty without you Esquire...and you know this type of logical thoughtful rhetoric ^ is frowned upon!

Sarcasm is hard to deliver my bad haha

Kronwall has been really disappointing for me, but yea he's better than Kindl no doubt.

I do think Kindl has been impressive though

Sorry. My bad. It's easy to miss with some of the crazy things people say here.

Even the most outrageous sarcastic statements can end up looking serious. :P

It's one game. Granted, Kindl had a bad game tonight, but not any worse than Smith to be honest.

As for the rest...

Smith averages 18:40 ice time per game, Kindl 17:54, which is the difference of one shift. Both play on the 2nd PP where Kindl has noticeably outplayed Smith. Neither saw significant PK time until Quincey got hurt, as Quincey, Kronwall, and Ericsson are the primary penalty killing defensemen, so it's not like Smith has been carrying the load there. Even then Smith only has 1 minute of PK time during Quincey's absence.

So with the exception of one minute of PK time, they play pretty much exactly the same amount of minutes and Kindl leads Smith in every single statistical category.

I understand not really liking particular players, but it's hard to conclude that Smith should play while Kindl sits.

However, they're both better than White or Cola, which I think we can both agree on.

Honestly I wasn't necessarily arguing that either should absolutely sit. Someone asked if the Wings were going to sit one of the two of them after their awful performance, who would it be. Ultimately I pick Kindl. Not by a landslide or anything. It was just a hypothetical question I answered that I dont feel particularly strongly about.

In the end I think Smith will provide a lot of what Kindl does, only better. He's just inexperienced. Smith is making mental mistakes out there but he's not flailing to avoid getting crushed (and not doing a very good job of it) like Kindl. But ultimately neither one should probably sit. You've got to hope they'll rebound. But if I'm going to pick one, I go with the rookie who has more potential and can hopefully learn and turn it around instead of punishing him by demoting him.

Smith plats on the PP??? Usually it's Kindl and White or Kronwall Brunner

Not as much as Kindl, but yes, he does.