• Please log in to reply
449 replies to this topic

#441 jeff48109

jeff48109

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,546 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:35 AM

Also, Miller and Eaves are favored over Tatar and Nyquisy only because the latter two can be sent down until the roster limits are lifted. I don't expect Nyquist to do much, but Tatar is going to bring a lot of jump to his line. Him playing with Helm would be great, but If also like to see their hustle spread out a bit to make it more contagious.

Nyquist-Helm-Tatar

drool

#442 beachwing

beachwing

Reader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:36 AM

Contradiction Level = LGW Board

In one post, managing to dismiss one rookie defenseman, and by the end, anticipating another one who hasn't even played a single NHL game. Delicious. 

The boards seem empty without you Esquire...and you know this type of logical thoughtful rhetoric ^ is frowned upon!

#443 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:42 AM

Nyquist-Helm-Tatar

drool

Want this line so badly!

#444 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,296 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:24 AM

Sarcasm is hard to deliver my bad haha

Kronwall has been really disappointing for me, but yea he's better than Kindl no doubt.

I do think Kindl has been impressive though

Sorry.  My bad.  It's easy to miss with some of the crazy things people say here. 

Even the most outrageous sarcastic statements can end up looking serious.  :P

It's one game.  Granted, Kindl had a bad game tonight, but not any worse than Smith to be honest. 

As for the rest...

Smith averages 18:40 ice time per game, Kindl 17:54, which is the difference of one shift.  Both play on the 2nd PP where Kindl has noticeably outplayed Smith.  Neither saw significant PK time until Quincey got hurt, as Quincey, Kronwall, and Ericsson are the primary penalty killing defensemen, so it's not like Smith has been carrying the load there.  Even then Smith only has 1 minute of PK time during Quincey's absence. 

So with the exception of one minute of PK time, they play pretty much exactly the same amount of minutes and Kindl leads Smith in every single statistical category.

I understand not really liking particular players, but it's hard to conclude that Smith should play while Kindl sits.

However, they're both better than White or Cola, which I think we can both agree on. 

Honestly I wasn't necessarily arguing that either should absolutely sit.  Someone asked if the Wings were going to sit one of the two of them after their awful performance, who would it be. Ultimately I pick Kindl. Not by a landslide or anything.  It was just a hypothetical question I answered that I dont feel particularly strongly about.

In the end I think  Smith will provide a lot of what Kindl does, only better. He's just inexperienced. Smith is making mental mistakes out there but he's not flailing  to avoid getting crushed (and not doing a very good job of it) like Kindl.  But ultimately neither one should probably sit.  You've got to hope they'll rebound.  But if I'm going to pick one, I go with the rookie who has more potential and can hopefully learn and turn it around instead of punishing him by demoting him.

Smith plats on the PP??? Usually it's Kindl and White or Kronwall Brunner

Not as much as Kindl, but yes, he does.

#445 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:21 PM

Good to bounce back and get the 2 points after an ugly loss the day before. Toots was a beast out there

IPB Image

#446 Marty Barry

Marty Barry

Buzkashi Grandmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,384 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 12:45 PM

Classic Al and octo on national tv.  LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#447 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,280 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 12:46 PM

Wrong thread, Marty!

Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#448 Marty Barry

Marty Barry

Buzkashi Grandmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,384 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 12:54 PM

Oh Gus.

#449 TheXym

TheXym

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,173 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 12:54 PM

Wrong thread again Marty. :)
It's pronounced "Zim" not "Exim". Aw heck with it, just call me Scott.

#450 Marty Barry

Marty Barry

Buzkashi Grandmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,384 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 12:56 PM

Wrong thread, Marty!

?What?

Did a reboot and logon really fast.  I'm such a dork.  Thanks.