• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
unsaddleddonald

Holland: "We don't need depth...Need a top guy"

Rate this topic

Thx, Kenny! You're on the right way. If he adds a right handed sniper and Yandle, plus recall Tatar it could be a successfully season in the end...

Kenny just can't win with some of you lol. I don't agree with everything he does (which know one actually cares), but this is a good news ladies and gents. A) he realizes we need two top players. B) he just isn't going to throw away our 1st pick in this deep draft.

Guest DeGraa55

Kenny just can't win with some of you lol. I don't agree with everything he does (which know one actually cares), but this is a good news ladies and gents. A) he realizes we need two top players. B) he just isn't going to throw away our 1st pick in this deep draft.

I'm all for trading a first rounder. And I don't mind Quincey but Quincey isnt worth a first rounder.

If you trade your first you best get a young star in the making. A Ryan or o Reilly type. Not a depth guy...

I'm all for trading a first rounder. And I don't mind Quincey but Quincey isnt worth a first rounder.

If you trade your first you best get a young star in the making. A Ryan or o Reilly type. Not a depth guy...

No disagreements here. I don't see Ryan being available until this summer. O'Reilly would have to be done in a 3 team deal. Colorado won't deal with us even though the rivalry is over and they suck.

Guest DeGraa55

No disagreements here. I don't see Ryan being available until this summer. O'Reilly would have to be done in a 3 team deal. Colorado won't deal with us even though the rivalry is over and they suck.

Well I would like either one but its just an example. IDC who it is just one of these type of players.

If it is for Byfuglien or Bogosian I don't mind trading a 1st/Ouellet/Nyquist

Other than that - KEEP the 1st

No to Byfuglien, hes not a top D-man that the Wings need, and that would be a gross overpayment for him.

ESPN reporting that Buffalo is actively shopping Jason Pominville, including asking him to provide a list of teams he will not accept a trade to. I hope that this helps drive down prices, at least temporarily, for goal scorers. Definitely could tip the scales on a Gaborik trade a little in our favor by having another top flight scorer available.

Pominville is currently on a 5.3 million dollar contract which expires after next season.

Edited by kipwinger

Purely speculation on my behalf but I saw a tweet earlier today about Jason Pominville (BUF) being asked for a list of 8 teams he wouldn't be traded too. Now Kenny comes out saying he'd have interest in a top 6 forward. I remember Kenny and Darcy Regier being pretty good buddies.. :ninja: All in all good to hear Kenny saying something other then "we like our team". Now we'll see if anything goes down on Wednesday.

I actually see Pominville as a viable trade option. Seems like the type of deal Holland would make and he has a history with Regier in Buffalo.

Pominville would be a serious upgrade to the top-six wingers. Would like someone with more size ideally, but Pominville is durable and a consistent point producer.

Well apparently we're still in on Bouwmeester, so that's probably what he's talking about.

I truly hope not. That's all we need is another big Dman that doesn't hit. There's a reason he's the NHL's iron man, he's softer than melting butter. And his contract is terrible. I'd be ok with Pominville, but the one thing I'm wondering is if Flip wants 5 mil per, are we gonna let him walk and get nothing? I think Kenny's priority should be getting a 1st rounder for Flip and sending him to whoever wants him for that price, and Anaheim would be my guess cause he's buddies with Selanne and could help the Ducks out a lot.

I actually see Pominville as a viable trade option. Seems like the type of deal Holland would make and he has a history with Regier in Buffalo.

Pominville would be a serious upgrade to the top-six wingers. Would like someone with more size ideally, but Pominville is durable and a consistent point producer.

He's the kind of guy that Kenny likes, plays a good defensive game, and can score as well as pass, very versatile for sure. Don't know if that means anything, but it is worth noting.

Edited by kipwinger

Guest Crymson

Purely speculation on my behalf but I saw a tweet earlier today about Jason Pominville (BUF) being asked for a list of 8 teams he wouldn't be traded too. Now Kenny comes out saying he'd have interest in a top 6 forward. I remember Kenny and Darcy Regier being pretty good buddies.. :ninja: All in all good to hear Kenny saying something other then "we like our team". Now we'll see if anything goes down on Wednesday.

Pominville is exactly not what this team needs.