• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
unsaddleddonald

Holland: "We don't need depth...Need a top guy"

Rate this topic

If it would cost us a 1rst round pick no absolutely not. Erickson is another story but not Jammy

Yeah, I wouldn't trade a 1st rounder either. But if the price was right he could really help us.

Why not? He wouldn't immediately come in and be our 3rd best player. He is great in the corners, has good size. Would really help slow down our powerplay and help our top lines puck possession game.

What really annoys me about this is that we had several chances to sign him at virtually no risk and now we might part with assets to acquire him? Stupid.

The only way trading a 1st makes sense is if you are getting a quality player under 28 that is signed for several years. in that case, yes i would move it. But as always, it depends on the who we are picking up.

Why would we be interested in Yandle? I don't see him being better than Smith in a couple of years. We have 9 D men. Kenny is not going to trade for a D-man unless he is a top pairing type guy and IMO that's not Yandle.

ya well opinions are like assholes, everyone has one, but not everyone wants to hear from them :P j/k I honestly think yandle would be a great addition to our team if we could acquire him for the right price. I would give up a second round pick and a couple prospects for yandle

I guess I just don't see how everyone is crying for a trade. The Wings need more than a trade can give them. This year is a rebuilding year for the Wings. The sooner the fans acknowledge that, the better off they will be.

Guest Crymson

Just throwing names out there no problem.

Yeah he's stuggling, but he has just over 100 nhl games, it's his sophmore season, it's pretty common to take a step back. Also Philly as a whole isn't playing too well.

I mean he's 20 years old, he would likely still be in the AHL if we drafted him. He put up 27 points and 13 goals last year, and was awesome in the playoffs. Like he was really physical and very solid defensively it was really impressive.

I mean he still has a ton of room to grow, but his ceiling is just awesome to me. His size would be really nice in our top 6 for years to come. I don't know if there is anyone of our prospects I would take over him, and I love Sproul.

The majority of his production in the playoffs came from Giroux feeding him, Giroux scoring off of assists of his, and Fleury being terrible. I don't think it's was an accurate representation of his skill level.

The reverse logic around here blows my mind. Very few picks become legitimate prospects, and even fewer of those become everyday NHLers. So the least risky thing to trade is a pick, then a prospect, and then a legit NHLer (obviously I'm not talking about trading Drew Miller for a superstar here. I mean trading quality for similar quality).

I have no idea why people are ready to trade prospects but want to hang on to this late first round pick so bad. We're not going to get a lottery pick, we're going to make the playoffs. We've been solidly in a playoff spot for about two months and we're done with the hard part of our schedule.

Nobody around here is willing to part with a 20-30th pick for Keith Yandle, or Jason Pominville, or Marian Gaborik? Insane.

Edit: I had originally misquoted Euro_Twins on this, which was my bad. Fixed now.

Edited by kipwinger

Lol, Ian White > no one

Did you watch the game last night? He is a complete disaster every time the puck comes near him.

Not having size is ok if you have athleticism. Ian White has neither.

Derek Morris is just terrible in terms of athleticism.

He never had much speed, but he's skating in quick sand now. Ian White takes way less penalties, gives the puck away much less. Ian White is having a pretty bad season, but Morris has been just as bad. Difference is Ian White is younger, and has just as good of track record. Morris also has had some injury issues. He by far has the worst +/- on his team.

I guess I just don't see how everyone is crying for a trade. The Wings need more than a trade can give them. This year is a rebuilding year for the Wings. The sooner the fans acknowledge that, the better off they will be.

Because we have nobody in the pipeline that addresses any of our needs? We have a ton of two-way skill guys and very young puck moving defensemen. That's it. If we want a goal scorer or a power forward we've got quite a while before any of our prospects will even be close.

Edited by kipwinger

The reverse logic around here blows my mind. Very few picks become legitimate prospects, and even fewer of those become everyday NHLers. So the least risky thing to trade is a pick, then a prospect, and then a legit NHLer (obviously I'm not talking about trading Drew Miller for a superstar here. I mean trading quality for similar quality).

I have no idea why people are ready to trade prospects but want to hang on to this late first round pick so bad. We're not going to get a lottery pick, we're going to make the playoffs. We've been solidly in a playoff spot for about two months and we're done with the hard part of our schedule.

Nobody around here is willing to part with a 20-30th pick for Keith Yandle, or Jason Pominville, or Marian Gaborik? Insane.

I'm willing too. Are prospect pool is stacked!

The majority of his production in the playoffs came from Giroux feeding him, Giroux scoring off of assists of his, and Fleury being terrible. I don't think it's was an accurate representation of his skill level.

The impressive part wasn't his production as much as it was his physical play, and taking people off their game. I mean a rookie played over 2;43 a game on the penalty kill, that's impressive in the playoffs. He was also 54% on faceoffs. It was the little things that were impressive to me.

Derek Morris is just terrible in terms of athleticism.

He never had much speed, but he's skating in quick sand now. Ian White takes way less penalties, gives the puck away much less. Ian White is having a pretty bad season, but Morris has been just as bad. Difference is Ian White is younger, and has just as good of track record. Morris also has had some injury issues. He by far has the worst +/- on his team.

I don't want Morris any more than you do, but when you're comparing giveaways between these two, it is a matter of which one is the taller midget.

Again, see Ian White's game last night. If he isn't gone by tomorrow at 3 p.m......

I don't want Morris any more than you do, but when you're comparing giveaways between these two, it is a matter of which one is the taller midget.

Again, see Ian White's game last night. If he isn't gone by tomorrow at 3 p.m......

Ok, look at Kronwall's game Sunday...

One game doesn't mean a whole lot. White isn't great by any stretch, but he's proven to be a productive player in the past. He's just not settled yet this season for us.

Ok, look at Kronwall's game Sunday...

One game doesn't mean a whole lot. White isn't great by any stretch, but he's proven to be a productive player in the past. He's just not settled yet this season for us.

Hasn't settled in yet this season? The season is 35 games old and has 13 games left.

We will just have to agree to disagree here. We won't be able to reach middle ground on White.

Hasn't settled in yet this season? The season is 35 games old and has 13 games left.

We will just have to agree to disagree here. We won't be able to reach middle ground on White.

This is by far his worst year, he's consistently put up +.35 PPG for his career. I tend to see things in the big picture rather then 35 game segments.

This is by far his worst year, he's consistently put up +.35 PPG for his career. I tend to see things in the big picture rather then 35 game segments.

Agree to disagree.

There's some talk of Dallas trading Loui Eriksson.

Will you give up a 1st rounder, Nyquist, and a secondary prospect for Eriksson? I would in a heartbeat

Yes. In a heartbeat.

I think Holland should kick the tires on the Boyle deal.

If he can land Boyle, he could then trade Ericcson/White/Kindl + for a top 6 winger.

Boyle won't solve the teams problems, but neither would just a top 6 winger, the Wings need both.

I just think the sellers are asking to high a price for rentals, with about an average of 12 games left who would give up a 1st rounder just to lose the player later, unless you think the guy is going to assure you a run at the cup,

There's some talk of Dallas trading Loui Eriksson.

Will you give up a 1st rounder, Nyquist, and a secondary prospect for Eriksson? I would in a heartbeat

Oh wow, this would be a huge upgrade.