• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
unsaddleddonald

Holland: "We don't need depth...Need a top guy"

Rate this topic

Because we have nobody in the pipeline that addresses any of our needs? We have a ton of two-way skill guys and very young puck moving defensemen. That's it. If we want a goal scorer or a power forward we've got quite a while before any of our prospects will even be close.

Goal scorers, power forwards, and elite defensemen are not a dime a dozen. I just don't believe we should sell the farm for one player. Look at the price on Jagr. Would you pay that price? So far, none of these trades are striking me as a win/win for both clubs.

Goal scorers, power forwards, and elite defensemen are not a dime a dozen. I just don't believe we should sell the farm for one player. Look at the price on Jagr. Would you pay that price? So far, none of these trades are striking me as a win/win for both clubs.

Yes hard to find. That is why you move the earth to get one. For example. malkin > than our entire farm system. Players of that quality just don't stand around on every street corner. They are really rare. Horde them if you can.

Perhaps I am the only one on here that thinks Pomminville would be great in a Wings jersey. He's not big ( 6 foot, 185) so a bit bigger than Z BUT plays a physical game, its a lowish cap hit and the dude is a "score first" winger. I think he would be great with either Dats or Z!

Perhaps I am the only one on here that thinks Pomminville would be great in a Wings jersey. He's not big ( 6 foot, 185) so a bit bigger than Z BUT plays a physical game, its a lowish cap hit and the dude is a "score first" winger. I think he would be great with either Dats or Z!

This could be a good option as it will require less assets than Loui, and I think Pomminville could thrive here. He seriously needs a change of scenery.

In what way does Pomminville play a physical game? He is a perimeter player that seldom goes to the hard places to score goals. He's a good complimentary player and I wouldn't be upset if they picked him up for a reasonable price, but I'd worry that the Wings would be adding yet another soft perimeter player when they need something different.

1st (2013), 2nd (2014), Nyquist, Ouellet for Eriksson

1st, Nyquist, Quincey for Gaborik

I really don't think a 1st is worth it for Gaborik. He is injury prone.

I also think that Eriksson is going to command more of a price than that. Probably Flip and Nyquist, 1st and 2nd.

I can say this much though, you aren't as delusional as most people here. I am sure we will see the customary "OMG, Quincey and White for Eriksson" suggestions where we give up scraps for great players.

I really don't think a 1st is worth it for Gaborik. He is injury prone.

I also think that Eriksson is going to command more of a price than that. Probably Flip and Nyquist, 1st and 2nd.

I can say this much though, you aren't as delusional as most people here. I am sure we will see the customary "OMG, Quincey and White for Eriksson" suggestions where we give up scraps for great players.

Well thanks for not calling me an idiot lol :P. but ya, I'd consider flip but he would have to be re-signed and he doesn't really match the re-build for dallas because he is 29 already. ouellet is more in line with what they are interested in. A top prospect at F, D and a 1st, 2nd is pretty good.

Edited by dirtydangles

Well thanks for not calling me an idiot lol :P. but ya, I'd consider flip but he would have to be re-signed and he doesn't really match the re-build for dallas because he is 29 already. ouellet is more in line with what they are interested in. A top prospect at F, D and a 1st, 2nd is pretty good.

Heh, I wasn't going to do that. Your offer was more generous than some of the offers I have seen.

The point in the end is that we will have to give up something to get something. With as deep as the draft is going to be, is it worth it this year? We aren't going to be contenders even if we got a top line forward and defenseman.

Heh, I wasn't going to do that. Your offer was more generous than some of the offers I have seen.

The point in the end is that we will have to give up something to get something. With as deep as the draft is going to be, is it worth it this year? We aren't going to be contenders even if we got a top line forward and defenseman.

I think it is important that we don't swing too hard towards youth. Look at Edmonton for example. We need some guys in their prime mixed in with the youth. I also think that it is possible to have too many prospects in the cupboard where not all will be given the chance to succeed. If Kindl had competition this year he probably wouldn't be one of our top guys right now. Eriksson is 27/28 and fits nicely in with the current core and will still be around when the youth hits. I don't mind losing a few picks here and there considering what we already have.

@CraigCustance

With Jagr and Bouwmeester gone, not sure we'll see anything of consequence coming from the Red Wings before Wednesday.

I agree with some people here. This isn't a bad thing. No one is trading their elite players away, and as Holland said, we are in need of top guys. Jagr and Bouwmeester are not top guys.

In what way does Pomminville play a physical game? He is a perimeter player that seldom goes to the hard places to score goals. He's a good complimentary player and I wouldn't be upset if they picked him up for a reasonable price, but I'd worry that the Wings would be adding yet another soft perimeter player when they need something different.

I should have stated that he doesnt shy away from physical play...he's not soft, as you state. Leads all wingers on his team in shot blocking and has more hits than half of his team.