• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
unsaddleddonald

Holland: "We don't need depth...Need a top guy"

Rate this topic

Perhaps I am the only one on here that thinks Pomminville would be great in a Wings jersey. He's not big ( 6 foot, 185) so a bit bigger than Z BUT plays a physical game, its a lowish cap hit and the dude is a "score first" winger. I think he would be great with either Dats or Z!

You aren't alone. He's at the top of my wish list for tomorrow of "realistic" trade options. Would love to see Pominville on Datsyuk's wing.

Just for comedy's sake here...

What would you give for Gaborik or Eriksson?

Obviously it depends on what the team in question is asking for. But for Gaborik I'd start with my first and Nyquist and I'd be willing to put second tier prospects or additional picks in as required.

With Ericsson I'd be willing to part with any of the above, and I'd put Mrazek in play too.

i just wanna see our junk traded tomorrow for picks

man pierre lebrun just said the redwings offered a 2nd round pick and 2 prospects for bouwmeester and wouldnt budge on giving up the 1st round pick

i really wanna know who the hell the 2 prospects we were willing to give up were

I'm not surprised. Feaster is the kind of GM that would be blind or at least ignorant to the potential of other team's prospects. All he sees is "2nd round pick" and thinks the deal is worse than the one offered by the Blues. Realistically I bet Holland included prospects far better than the two in that Blues package. Feaster doesn't see that his future 1st rounder is further away from making it in the nhl than an experienced prospect is. He could have asked for Rattie + 2nd, 3rd and it would have been a better deal in my opinion.

I'm not surprised. Feaster is the kind of GM that would be blind or at least ignorant to the potential of other team's prospects. All he sees is "2nd round pick" and thinks the deal is worse than the one offered by the Blues. Realistically I bet Holland included prospects far better than the two in that Blues package. Feaster doesn't see that his future 1st rounder is further away from making it in the nhl than an experienced prospect is. He could have asked for Rattie + 2nd, 3rd and it would have been a better deal in my opinion.

Word was that the blues wanted a goalie prospect and Holland wasn't giving them Mrazek or Patterson. I think that's what did it.

I don't consider the 26 year old goalie prospect they got in the trade to be of great value... Feaster is delusional.

I don't know anything about him so I'll keep quiet on that. I will say though, that Jimmy didn't debut until 26, and even when he came up nobody really had too high of hopes for him. So it's possible, but likely not probable that he'll make it.

Side note, that goalie prospect is freaking huge though.

Side note, that goalie prospect is freaking huge though.

Sure he is. Best Goalie in Swiss League. Plays very consistently. Since years.

For those who don't believe me, watch this vid of the Spengler Cup 2012:

Berra helped out HC Davos with Patrick Kane, Joe Thornton, Rick Nash, Loui Eriksson, Raphael Diaz and Damien Brunner. Against Canada he saved 21 shots during just 30min after he replaced their original goalie Genoni.

PS: That's the game in which Brunner destroyed Colaiacovo who played for Canada :shout:

---> 11:30 watch the bad side of Damien Brunner. He's a hard hitter :evil:

Edited by poel

Btw: I would really like to see Eriksson in Redwings uniform, but that will not happen. I'm pretty sure Holland will do nothin. The statement sure was just an april joke...

Read on the Flames board, that Swiss goalie I guess told his team or teamates something like that, that he will be coming to North America next year; I believe this is before the trade.

The reverse logic around here blows my mind. Very few picks become legitimate prospects, and even fewer of those become everyday NHLers. So the least risky thing to trade is a pick, then a prospect, and then a legit NHLer (obviously I'm not talking about trading Drew Miller for a superstar here. I mean trading quality for similar quality).

I have no idea why people are ready to trade prospects but want to hang on to this late first round pick so bad. We're not going to get a lottery pick, we're going to make the playoffs. We've been solidly in a playoff spot for about two months and we're done with the hard part of our schedule.

Nobody around here is willing to part with a 20-30th pick for Keith Yandle, or Jason Pominville, or Marian Gaborik? Insane.

Edit: I had originally misquoted Euro_Twins on this, which was my bad. Fixed now.

Oh just wait until Holland trades that first round pick to grab an extra early second & third round pick in June & people lose their s*** around here.