• Please log in to reply
138 replies to this topic

#21 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,343 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 04:57 PM

I actually see Pominville as a viable trade option. Seems like the type of deal Holland would make and he has a history with Regier in Buffalo.

Pominville would be a serious upgrade to the top-six wingers. Would like someone with more size ideally, but Pominville is durable and a consistent point producer.

He's the kind of guy that Kenny likes, plays a good defensive game, and can score as well as pass, very versatile for sure.  Don't know if that means anything, but it is worth noting. 

Edited by kipwinger, 01 April 2013 - 04:57 PM.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#22 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,279 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:07 PM

Pominville would be great pickup
"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#23 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:17 PM

Purely speculation on my behalf but I saw a tweet earlier today about Jason Pominville (BUF) being asked for a list of 8 teams he wouldn't be traded too. Now Kenny comes out saying he'd have interest in a top 6 forward. I remember Kenny and Darcy Regier being pretty good buddies.. :ninja: All in all good to hear Kenny saying something other then "we like our team". Now we'll see if anything goes down on Wednesday.

Pominville is exactly not what this team needs.

#24 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:24 PM

Then who is?  You've shot down every idea but us winning the cup as is without trading Flip whom we'll likely lose cause he's not worth 5 mil.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#25 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:24 PM

dont like pominville's cap hit  and i know alot of people dont like clowe but i want him here playing with datsyuk in the playoffs , hes big physical and gritty and i got no doubt in my mind he can score again in detroit

#26 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,517 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:27 PM

How exactly? The Red Wings top-six right now is awful. A consistent point producing winger would be a huge boost. Justin Abdelkader and Dan Cleary in major roles is even less what the team needs.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#27 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:30 PM

What should the red wings do? What better option is there? Come on, I understand Bouwmeester, but this one is a no brainer.

I mean Pominville is about as consistent of point producer that there is. He's a good player. Our top 6 is trash right now, not to mention he's a right handed shot.

#28 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:30 PM

Then who is?  You've shot down every idea but us winning the cup as is without trading Flip whom we'll likely lose cause he's not worth 5 mil.

Gaborik and Cammalleri are probably the best options.

#29 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:34 PM

I'll give you Gaborik, but in no world is Cammalleri a better option than Pominville. Pominville produces more points, and is a much better two way player. Not mention cheaper, and right handed.

Edited by Carman, 01 April 2013 - 05:34 PM.

#30 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,517 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:34 PM

I like Cammalleri somewhat, but he's more expensive and less productive than Pominville. No way is he a better option between the two.

Edited by GoWings1905, 01 April 2013 - 05:35 PM.

#31 Shaman

Shaman

Die hard Red Wing fan and realist.

• Silver Booster
  • 3,846 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:36 PM

I like Cammalleri somewhat, but he's more expensive and less productive than Pominville. No way is he a better option between the two.

Career wise, Cammalleri is less productive, but this season he has more points in less games.

Feuer und Wasser kommt nicht zusammen
Kann man nicht binden sind nicht verwandt
In Funken versunken steh ich in Flammen
und bin im Wasser verbrannt
Im Wasser verbrannt

#32 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:37 PM

umm gaborik i might be able to live with because he only has one year left (his cap hit is high)

NO WAY to cammalleri who's 5'9 and been getting 20 goals a season last 3 yrs and has a cap hit at 6 million although i got questions with gaborik showing up in the playoffs i think he can produce with datsyuk with his speed .... id stay far away from cammalleri

#33 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,343 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:38 PM

Agreed on Gaborik but not necessarily with Cammalleri.  I'd definitely take Cammy, he's a good scorer, but his stat line is almost exactly the same as Pominville's, they're the same size, both their contracts are through next season, Cammy makes 700k more, and he's noticeably worse on defense. 

I guess it would come down  to the asking price, if Cammy could be had for less then I'd go that route, if Pominville is cheaper then that's what I'd do. 

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#34 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,517 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:38 PM

Career wise, Cammalleri is less productive, but this season he has more points in less games.

The disparity in points otherwise in nearly every other season makes up for it. Pominville's numbers are much better, at a lower price too.

#35 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:41 PM

Gaborik yes, Cammalleri would be if the Flames were willing to part cheap cause his salary is what, 6 mil?

And I'd still rather have Pominville than Cammalleri.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#36 Shaman

Shaman

Die hard Red Wing fan and realist.

• Silver Booster
  • 3,846 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:43 PM

Per Eklund: (posting it for the lawlz) On Brian Campbell...

He is another who may stay put, but I was told if Detroit can move some salary out in time they would be all over Brian Campbell

Feuer und Wasser kommt nicht zusammen
Kann man nicht binden sind nicht verwandt
In Funken versunken steh ich in Flammen
und bin im Wasser verbrannt
Im Wasser verbrannt

#37 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:44 PM

And as far as Gaborik performing in the playoffs, he was with the Wild and their horrific trap hockey and scored 40+ and wasn't really in the playoffs much.  The guys around him when he was there were junk.

#38 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:45 PM

He is another who may stay put, but I was told if Detroit can move some salary out in time they would be all over Brian Campbell

Yikes I would find Kenny and immediately vomit on him if that happens.

#39 brett

brett

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,104 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:46 PM

vanak gabroik would be my first choices, pominville > Cammalleri. Cammalleri small guy looks like hes hurt a lot too

#40 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:49 PM

For the lulz indeed.