• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
unsaddleddonald

Holland: "We don't need depth...Need a top guy"

Rate this topic

For what it might be worth (nothing): Clowe is a "Newfie," like Cleary, and his wife just happens to be Cleary's third cousin.

His contract is up this summer though so he'd be a rental, which doesn't really make sense for the Wings.

Interesting though that the Sharks are shopping him as they sit in the 6th playoff spot. As someone mentioned Clowe is a scratch tonight.

Some thoughts.

1. About time kenny. We have all known this for 3 years now. Better late than never I guess. I like Holland, but he has gotten very conservative late in his career.

2. I saw a rumor that Car might be interested in trading McBain. They would like some more O. McBain would be a very nice pick up if we could. Another young 25, good sized 6-2/200, RH shooting Dman to add to the group of Kindl, Smith, Lashoff, and Dekeyser.

3. Someone mentioned Hanzel. Yes please! a thousand times yes! A 6-6/240 C/LW that is only 26. he would be second on our team in hits right now. yes he would be expensive, good players are.

4. Keep an eye on Buf. heck all 3 of Stafford, Panny, and vancek (spelling). Can we get the whole line?

5. Why is Howard not signed yet? Get it done!

Ya Clowe and his big 0 goals.

You want him because he's big? What horrible logic. Datsyuk & Vanek would be hard to play against. Not some oaf who takes terrible penalties that seems to not be able to score lately.

But he should be cheap because of that.

His contract is up this summer though so he'd be a rental, which doesn't really make sense for the Wings.

Interesting though that the Sharks are shopping him as they sit in the 6th playoff spot. As someone mentioned Clowe is a scratch tonight.

hes looking for an extention and id have zero problems giving him one hes the kind of player you need in the playoffs

Ya Clowe and his big 0 goals.

You want him because he's big? What horrible logic. Datsyuk & Vanek would be hard to play against. Not some oaf who takes terrible penalties that seems to not be able to score lately.

I didn't say I want him because he's big. Franzen is big.

We need a bruiser up front. A guy that's very difficult to play against - and not because, omg, such skill with the puck! Ideally it'd be a power-forward type, a guy who can really score - and put the hurt on. But I'm trying to be realistic.

Clowe has no goals on the year. I know that. I think he'd score with us - but we wouldn't be adding him for that. He'd be a space-maker, a destroyer, a pain in the ass (literally?)

Clowe would (probably) be a rental. I know that as well. If it's just a low pick, though, I think it'd be worth it.

Lest we forget - we are brittle. as. f***.

In a larger, big-picture sense - Holland wants to see what this group can do in the playoffs. Which is nice and all, but I think we all know damn well that we're not seriously challenging for the Cup. Maybe I'm being overly cynical, but...I'm expecting a lot of injuries, a lot of embarassment. I think Clowe might help there. And yeah, like someone mentioned - you (Holland) could try the conditional condition dealy.

Would I love a premier goal-scorer? Yes. Do I realistically see us getting one? No. And even if we were to get one, I'd still want our top six to have a punisher.

Harder to play against. We must be harder to play against. Teams know how to contain our scoring lines: box them out to the tops of the circles.

Edited by Dabura

Clowe isn't the top 6 scorer Holland is looking for, but I'd definitely take him — the Wings getting bigger and more physical can only help the team after realignment, but that would also require more than a rental.

I didn't say I want him because he's big. Franzen is big.

We need a bruiser up front. A guy that's very difficult to play against - and not because, omg, such skill with the puck! Ideally it'd be a power-forward type, a guy who can really score - and put the hurt on. But I'm trying to be realistic.

Clowe has no goals on the year. I know that. I think he'd score with us - but we wouldn't be adding him for that. He'd be a space-maker, a destroyer, a pain in the ass (literally?)

Clowe would (probably) be a rental. I know that as well. If it's just a low pick, though, I think it'd be worth it.

Lest we forget - we are brittle. as. f***.

In a larger, big-picture sense - Holland wants to see what this group can do in the playoffs. Which is nice and all, but I think we all know damn well that we're not seriously challenging for the Cup. Maybe I'm being overly cynical, but...I'm expecting a lot of injuries, a lot of embarassment. I think Clowe might help there. And yeah, like someone mentioned - you (Holland) could try the conditional condition dealy.

Would I love a premier goal-scorer? Yes. Do I realistically see us getting one? No. And even if we were to get one, I'd still want our top six to have a punisher.

Harder to play against. We must be harder to play against. Teams know how to contain out scoring lines: box them out to the tops of the circles.

Rather have Hanzel than Clowe and I'd welcome Pominville. And to make room, trade Flip to get one of them, or to someone for their 1st round pick this year. Either way, I really don't want Clowe.

After watching the Wings get knocked around by Colorado, who isn't particularly big, it'd be nice to add toughness. And I could probably get over having the dumbest hockey player in the league on the roster, I just don't know it'll be worth renting Clowe for what the Wings would have to give up.

I want to trade for Sean Couturier. He's 20 years old, 6'3, good defensively already.

He's stuggling this year, but the talent is there. It would take a lot to get him, but I don't see a reason we shouldn't. He's young, and signed for a few years on an RFA deal, and pretty cheap.

I'd give up quite a bit of our prospects for him, because at the very least you have a capable big defensive center, but potentialy you have a franchise player.

I don't know if he's actually available, but Philly might want to change things up, and his minutes have been dropping quickly,, he's playing less than Nyquist=p(actually he's played more lately, there was a stretch a few games ago of him playing 8-12 minutes, he's back up over 16 as of last game). STill his production is down.

Interesting thought nonetheless.

Edited by Carman

Guest Crymson

Lebrun says: "Wings were in it on Bouwmeester but not willing to move a 1st-rd pick in the package. Which frankly, for Detroit, was right call"

I want to trade for Sean Couturier. He's 20 years old, 6'3, good defensively already.

He's stuggling this year, but the talent is there. It would take a lot to get him, but I don't see a reason we shouldn't. He's young, and signed for a few years on an RFA deal, and pretty cheap.

I'd give up quite a bit of our prospects for him, because at the very least you have a capable big defensive center, but potentialy you have a franchise player.

I don't know if he's actually available, but Philly might want to change things up, and his minutes have been dropping quickly,, he's playing less than Nyquist=p(actually he's played more lately, there was a stretch a few games ago of him playing 8-12 minutes, he's back up over 16 as of last game). STill his production is down.

Interesting thought nonetheless.

He's a young player who would cost a lot and has struggled even when playing alongside Giroux.

I know you'll blast me for disagreeing with yet another idea, but oh well.

He's a young player who would cost a lot and has struggled even when playing alongside Giroux.

I know you'll blast me for disagreeing with yet another idea, but oh well.

Just throwing names out there no problem.

Yeah he's stuggling, but he has just over 100 nhl games, it's his sophmore season, it's pretty common to take a step back. Also Philly as a whole isn't playing too well.

I mean he's 20 years old, he would likely still be in the AHL if we drafted him. He put up 27 points and 13 goals last year, and was awesome in the playoffs. Like he was really physical and very solid defensively it was really impressive.

I mean he still has a ton of room to grow, but his ceiling is just awesome to me. His size would be really nice in our top 6 for years to come. I don't know if there is anyone of our prospects I would take over him, and I love Sproul.

This is just a thought and a LOOONNG shot at that, but what if Holand say went after Evander Kane. I know in earlier posts people were talking about going after Byfuglien, but looking at out D over the next few years with the young tallet we have, I really don't think another D man is necessary unless Byfuglien went back to playing a power forward. Kane is definitely a top six guy and is young. Young players in the NHL drive to win a cup, and I don't see him being able to do that in Winnipeg anytime soon.

Call it crazy, stupid, whatever, but like I said before, just a thought...

Darren Dreger @DarrenDreger 3m

Detroit was believed to be a strong contender for Jagr last night. Asking price too much? Bruins now a frontrunner. #tradecentre

dear god no!!!!!

Why not? He wouldn't immediately come in and be our 3rd best player. He is great in the corners, has good size. Would really help slow down our powerplay and help our top lines puck possession game.