• Please log in to reply
138 replies to this topic

#41 Shaman

Shaman

Die hard Red Wing fan and realist.

• Silver Booster
  • 3,841 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:52 PM

I seriously see Detroit standing pat this deadline.

Feuer und Wasser kommt nicht zusammen
Kann man nicht binden sind nicht verwandt
In Funken versunken steh ich in Flammen
und bin im Wasser verbrannt
Im Wasser verbrannt

#42 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:55 PM

i just gotta say with all these names being mentioned gaborik is the only one with the potential to make datsyuk happy again and make him rethink about leaving for russia ... i seriously doubt playing with pominville will make datsyuk think twice about going to russia lol

#43 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,976 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:00 PM

Per Eklund: (posting it for the lawlz) On Brian Campbell...

He is another who may stay put, but I was told if Detroit can move some salary out in time they would be all over Brian Campbell

aprilf****** fools

hes not bad but his contract sucks

#44 mackel

mackel

Bring Back Vernie

• PipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:06 PM

I wonder if we could get Yandle for our 1st, White and a middle of the road prospect. That's a deal I'd make...

We get a top end puck mover under contract for a couple of years, Phoneix gets a good 1st rounder a "plug n play" defenceman to take the roster spot and a prospect with some upside... And they shed some salary.

I think it could be win/win.

#45 gcom007

gcom007

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,086 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:25 PM

I don't know if it's cynicism or realism at this point, I admit that, but I don't expect Holland to do anything at the deadline. Whether he should or shouldn't, I don't really know either. Tough call this year if you want to get honest about where this team is at. If you don't bring in someone worthwhile who will stick around after this season, you've almost gotta say, "what's the point?" I just wish Holland would make up his mind about what he wants to do with this team.

If you're going to try to be good and really compete right now, you've got to trade draft picks and prospects and make a real investment in "right now." If you're going to forego "right now" for the sake of keeping prospects and draft picks, then start selling assets and trade for more draft picks and/or prospects. Let the team really sink for a year or two so we get a descent spot in the first round a couple of times. This shooting for the middle approach absolutely isn't sustainable. You lose Datsyuk and this is a very, very, very different team. And if you keep him, he nor Z and his back are getting any older, and I think it's safe to forget about Franzen being a force again.

So if we just continue to stand pat with a middle of the road team, drafting in the middle of the first round at best, we're going to be left with a team full of these "depth players" Holland refers to with no legit talent to support. I just don't see how there's any way out other than getting insanely lucky again in the draft like we did with Dats and Z, but you can't count on that when you're building a team. So in my mind, he really needs to make a choice about what he wants this team to be. Trade some of your "future" to be truly competitive right now, or trade some of your "right now," even if it leads to struggling, so you can get busy really rebuilding from the ground up. I'm fine with either path really, as I think both are better than this middle ground he's walking that will likely lead to nowhere.

-Elliot...does not panic.

#46 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,086 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:35 PM

We need to be harder to play against. Specifically, our top six. Look at these names:

Datsyuk

Filapoola

Franzen

Nyquist

Zetterberg

We have (more than) enough skill and scoring prowess. We need a bête noire. A Ryane Clowe.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#47 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,086 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:02 PM

For what it might be worth (nothing): Clowe is a "Newfie," like Cleary, and his wife just happens to be Cleary's third cousin.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#48 HelmFan

HelmFan

Rookie

• Pip
  • 145 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:07 PM

I've always liked the way Martin Hanzal played against the Wings. I'd prefer him over Yandle.

#49 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,683 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:14 PM

Hanzal would cost too much, he's so hot right now.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#50 unsaddleddonald

unsaddleddonald

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:26 PM

So hot right now.

Attached Files

Edited by unsaddleddonald, 01 April 2013 - 07:30 PM.

#51 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,931 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:31 PM

For what it might be worth (nothing): Clowe is a "Newfie," like Cleary, and his wife just happens to be Cleary's third cousin.

His contract is up this summer though so he'd be a rental, which doesn't really make sense for the Wings.

Interesting though that the Sharks are shopping him as they sit in the 6th playoff spot.  As someone mentioned Clowe is a scratch tonight.

#52 MasterPavel

MasterPavel

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:37 PM

Right so a 5th conditional to a 3rd if Clowe re-signs

#53 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:09 PM

Some thoughts.

1. About time kenny. We have all known this for 3 years now. Better late than never I guess. I like Holland, but he has gotten very conservative late in his career.

2. I saw a rumor that Car might be interested in trading McBain. They would like some more O. McBain would be a very nice pick up if we could. Another young 25, good sized 6-2/200, RH shooting Dman to add to the group of Kindl, Smith, Lashoff, and Dekeyser.

3. Someone mentioned Hanzel. Yes please! a thousand times yes! A 6-6/240 C/LW that is only 26. he would be second on our team in hits right now. yes he would be expensive, good players are.

4. Keep an eye on Buf. heck all 3 of Stafford, Panny, and vancek (spelling). Can we get the whole line?

5. Why is Howard not signed yet? Get it done!

#54 SaCkaveli20

SaCkaveli20

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:50 PM

Ya Clowe and his big 0 goals.
You want him because he's big? What horrible logic. Datsyuk & Vanek would be hard to play against. Not some oaf who takes terrible penalties that seems to not be able to score lately.

#55 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,738 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:53 PM

Ya Clowe and his big 0 goals.
You want him because he's big? What horrible logic. Datsyuk & Vanek would be hard to play against. Not some oaf who takes terrible penalties that seems to not be able to score lately.

But he should be cheap because of that.  

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#56 SaCkaveli20

SaCkaveli20

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:58 PM

But he should be cheap because of that.  

Quincey cheap? Lol

#57 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,738 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:13 PM

Quincey cheap? Lol

I would trade Quincey for him heads up.

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#58 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,902 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:27 PM

Nice at least Holland won't trade this years first, unless for a player who can help the team tremendously.

Doesn't Vanek have some sort of NMC?

Sent from my BlackBerry

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#59 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:29 PM

His contract is up this summer though so he'd be a rental, which doesn't really make sense for the Wings.

Interesting though that the Sharks are shopping him as they sit in the 6th playoff spot.  As someone mentioned Clowe is a scratch tonight.

hes looking for an extention and id have zero problems giving him one  hes the kind of player you need in the playoffs

#60 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,705 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:32 PM

So hot right now.

How are people not falling out of their chairs??? This was classic! 

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?