• Please log in to reply
138 replies to this topic

#121 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,845 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:57 PM

Heh, I wasn't going to do that.  Your offer was more generous than some of the offers I have seen.

The point in the end is that we will have to give up something to get something.  With as deep as the draft is going to be, is it worth it this year?  We aren't going to be contenders even if we got a top line forward and defenseman.

I think it is important that we don't swing too hard towards youth. Look at Edmonton for example. We need some guys in their prime mixed in with the youth. I also think that it is possible to have too many prospects in the cupboard where not all will be given the chance to succeed. If Kindl had competition this year he probably wouldn't be one of our top guys right now. Eriksson is 27/28 and fits nicely in with the current core and will still be around when the youth hits. I don't mind losing a few picks here and there considering what we already have. 

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#122 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,340 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:58 PM

That doesn't entirely bother me since I don't think we are a piece away from contending. Would prefer a long term trade over the offseason.

Posted Image

#123 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,754 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 02:20 PM

@CraigCustance

With Jagr and Bouwmeester gone, not sure we'll see anything of consequence coming from the Red Wings before Wednesday.

I agree with some people here.  This isn't a bad thing.  No one is trading their elite players away, and as Holland said, we are in need of top guys.  Jagr and Bouwmeester are not top guys.

Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#124 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,125 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 02:22 PM

I agree with some people here.  This isn't a bad thing.  No one is trading their elite players away, and as Holland said, we are in need of top guys.  Jagr and Bouwmeester are not top guys.

Yep. So go get eriikson/ gaborik/ vanek/ pomonville

#125 Motown4013

Motown4013

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 02:42 PM

In what way does Pomminville play a physical game?  He is a perimeter player that seldom goes to the hard places to score goals.  He's a good complimentary player and I wouldn't be upset if they picked him up for a reasonable price, but I'd worry that the Wings would be adding yet another soft perimeter player when they need something different.

I should have stated that he doesnt shy away from physical play...he's not soft, as you state. Leads all wingers on his team in shot blocking and has more hits than half of his team.

Raising another Red Wings Fan!

The future looks bright in Hockeytown!
GUSTAV SNIPEQUIST!

#126 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,754 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:53 PM

Yep. So go get eriikson/ gaborik/ vanek/ pomonville

To get Ericcson will take our first round pick, Nyquist, and Flip AT minimum.

Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#127 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,394 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 04:49 PM

Perhaps I am the only one on here that thinks Pomminville would be great in a Wings jersey. He's not big ( 6 foot, 185) so a bit bigger than Z BUT plays a physical game, its a lowish cap hit and the dude is a "score first" winger. I think he would be great with either Dats or Z!

You aren't alone. He's at the top of my wish list for tomorrow of "realistic" trade options. Would love to see Pominville on Datsyuk's wing. 

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#128 MasterPavel

MasterPavel

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:00 PM

To get Ericcson will take our first round pick, Nyquist, and Flip AT minimum.

I'm strangely okay with this. I think that would be a win/win situation if Dallas can get flip under contract.

#129 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,997 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:05 PM

Just for comedy's sake here...

What would you give for Gaborik or Eriksson?

Obviously it depends on what the team in question is asking for.  But for Gaborik I'd start with my first and Nyquist and I'd be willing to put second tier prospects or additional picks in as required. 

With Ericsson I'd be willing to part with any of the above, and I'd put Mrazek in play too.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#130 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,317 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:12 PM

i just wanna see our junk traded tomorrow for picks

man pierre lebrun just said the redwings offered a 2nd round pick and 2 prospects for bouwmeester and wouldnt budge on giving up the 1st round pick

i really wanna know who the hell the 2 prospects we were willing to give up were

#131 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,845 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:57 PM

i just wanna see our junk traded tomorrow for picks

man pierre lebrun just said the redwings offered a 2nd round pick and 2 prospects for bouwmeester and wouldnt budge on giving up the 1st round pick

i really wanna know who the hell the 2 prospects we were willing to give up were

I'm not surprised. Feaster is the kind of GM that would be blind or at least ignorant to the potential of other team's prospects. All he sees is "2nd round pick" and thinks the deal is worse than the one offered by the Blues. Realistically I bet Holland included prospects far better than the two in that Blues package. Feaster doesn't see that his future 1st rounder is further away from making it in the nhl than an experienced prospect is. He could have asked for Rattie + 2nd, 3rd and it would have been a better deal in my opinion. 

#132 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,997 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:00 PM

I'm not surprised. Feaster is the kind of GM that would be blind or at least ignorant to the potential of other team's prospects. All he sees is "2nd round pick" and thinks the deal is worse than the one offered by the Blues. Realistically I bet Holland included prospects far better than the two in that Blues package. Feaster doesn't see that his future 1st rounder is further away from making it in the nhl than an experienced prospect is. He could have asked for Rattie + 2nd, 3rd and it would have been a better deal in my opinion. 

Word was that the blues wanted a goalie prospect and Holland wasn't giving them Mrazek or Patterson.  I think that's what did it. 

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

#133 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,845 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:02 PM

Word was that the blues wanted a goalie prospect and Holland wasn't giving them Mrazek or Patterson.  I think that's what did it. 

I don't consider the 26 year old goalie prospect they got in the trade to be of great value... Feaster is delusional. 

#134 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,997 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:45 PM

I don't consider the 26 year old goalie prospect they got in the trade to be of great value... Feaster is delusional. 

I don't know anything about him so I'll keep quiet on that.  I will say though, that Jimmy didn't debut until 26, and even when he came up nobody really had too high of hopes for him.  So it's possible, but likely not probable that he'll make it. 

Side note, that goalie prospect is freaking huge though. 

#135 poel

poel

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:23 PM

Side note, that goalie prospect is freaking huge though. 

Sure he is. Best Goalie in Swiss League. Plays very consistently. Since years.

For those who don't believe me, watch this vid of the Spengler Cup 2012:

Berra helped out HC Davos with Patrick Kane, Joe Thornton, Rick Nash, Loui Eriksson, Raphael Diaz and Damien Brunner. Against Canada he saved 21 shots during just 30min after he replaced their original goalie Genoni.

PS: That's the game in which Brunner destroyed Colaiacovo who played for Canada :shout:

---> 11:30 watch the bad side of Damien Brunner. He's a hard hitter :evil:

Edited by poel, 02 April 2013 - 09:35 PM.

#136 poel

poel

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:38 PM

Btw: I would really like to see Eriksson in Redwings uniform, but that will not happen. I'm pretty sure Holland will do nothin. The statement sure was just an april joke...

#137 ben_usmc

ben_usmc

Kenny Powers Fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,823 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:48 PM

Read on the Flames board, that Swiss goalie I guess told his team or teamates something like that, that he will be coming to North America next year; I believe this is before the trade.
There's no I in team, but there's a U in c***, so don't be little jealous c***s

#138 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,993 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:29 PM

The reverse logic around here blows my mind.  Very few picks become legitimate prospects, and even fewer of those become everyday NHLers.  So the least risky thing to trade is a pick, then a prospect, and then a legit NHLer (obviously I'm not talking about trading Drew Miller for a superstar here.  I mean trading quality for similar quality). 

I have no idea why people are ready to trade prospects but want to hang on to this late first round pick so bad.  We're not going to get a lottery pick, we're going to make the playoffs.  We've been solidly in a playoff spot for about two months and we're done with the hard part of our schedule. 

Nobody around here is willing to part with a 20-30th pick for Keith Yandle, or Jason Pominville, or Marian Gaborik?  Insane.

Edit:  I had originally misquoted Euro_Twins on this, which was my bad.  Fixed now. 

Oh just wait until Holland trades that first round pick to grab an extra early second & third round pick in June & people lose their s*** around here.

#139 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:40 AM

Oh just wait until Holland trades that first round pick to grab an extra early second & third round pick in June & people lose their s*** around here.

That's hate mail worthy if he does that.  A strongly worded letter would be written, sealed like a scroll, and mailed.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.